The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

The rescues around here start at about $500 to adopt. (These are not pure bred dogs from registered kennels -- they're strays or rescues, mixed breeds.)
No wonder the adoption centers have more dogs than they can get adopted. When I was a kid, I whined and moaned until my parents got me a pure blood German Shepard puppy. I don't know how much it cost but my father never stopped complaining about the price. Turned out I was to young to deal with it and on top of that the dog was untrainable. We kept trying but eventually we had to sell her to someone at a very big loss. We became a house that only allowed cats as pets.

rshell68

ron burgundy anchorman GIF
View attachment 788862

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yep rescues are usually $500-700 around here as well. It may be cheaper at the Humane Society and I understand that they are trying to cover vet costs for that animal before releasing for adoption.
I'm wondering if our 2 localish shelters are able to keep adoption costs down due to the amount of fundraising they do. They have something going on at least once a month and once a year one has a fancy schmancy dance with ticket prices to match with a place donating the place and food. The other has a table set up at a farm market (not my usual one) with a donation bucket plus Knick knacks (keychains, pens and pencils, coffee mugs etc.) for sale, you can also drop food and other donations there.
The highest fee is 350 for a puppy which includes spay/neuter/ 1st year's shots, microchip, 1st license, adult 250 including all of the above, kitten 100 and 2 kittens 150 inclusive of everything included for dogs. It would cost at least that much to cover the initial vet bills for all of that including the various tests the shelter runs

wdwfan4ver

It's a very happy Farm Market Saturday indeed:inlove::inlove::inlove:
It is going to be a happy Farm Market from June 13th to June 16th in Door County for me. There are are least 4 farm markets for me to go to.

One of the farm markets might be a nightmare for you do to that place has cinnamon rolls sales on Thursdays and has a fritter sale on Fridays considering how your boys are. That market allows a person to buy as many fresh cinnamon rolls and fritters as you want.

Lilofan

I heard that Stop&Shop is closing multiple Northeast underperforming locations. When in the NE, I enjoy shopping at Shop Rite, the Kings of Asian supermarkets , H-Mart , and Wegmans. I was not that impressed shopping at Stop& Shop but all are far better than Publix, Winn Dixie and Piggly Wiggly.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I heard that Stop&Shop is closing multiple Northeast underperforming locations. When in the NE, I enjoy shopping at Shop Rite, the Kings of Asian supermarkets , H-Mart , and Wegmans. I was not that impressed shopping at Stop& Shop but all are far better than Publix, Winn Dixie and Piggly Wiggly.
Yah, they're not spilling the actual list of which stores up here that are getting axed, yet. I just hope they are decent to the workers who will lose their jobs. I shop at S&S sometimes, but the best grocery store chain up here is Market Basket. It's locally owned and managed. Most of my grocery money goes to them.

FutureCEO

I've only heard of Shop Rite and Wegmans. The Shop Rite near me closed but I never shopped there. I miss living near Shaw's. It was the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom