The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member

Kristen Bell Awww GIF

donaldtoo

I really like the interior design elements of the guest rooms.

The Mara has always been my favorite QS restaurant in all of WDW. (P.S.: I could go for a zebra dome now with my morning coffee!) :hungry:

So much fun watching the animals from the balconies. Each location in the hotel has it's own viewing area, and I recall seeing different animals in each section. 🦒🦓🐂

I wonder if they added outdoor entertainment (and perhaps more outdoor tables) back during the height of the pandemic, and found that it was very popular with guests -- so they kept it! :)

Indeed, and the whole resort is very well-themed…!!! :)

Yes, I’ve always heard good things about The Mara, and, so far, it’s all been true…!!! :hungry:

And yes, seeing the animals from our balconies is really cool, and just adds to the theming/ ambiance. Plus we’re on the 5th (top) floor, so have a pretty commanding view…!!! :)

Not sure about that with Raglan Road, but, it’s great that they have seating and live entertainment outside, as well…!!! :)

FutureCEO

Indeed, and the whole resort is very well-themed…!!! :)

Yes, I’ve always heard good things about The Mara, and, so far, it’s all been true…!!! :hungry:

And yes, seeing the animals from our balconies is really cool, and just adds to the theming/ ambiance. Plus we’re on the 5th (top) floor, so have a pretty commanding view…!!! :)

Not sure about that with Raglan Road, but, it’s great that they have seating and live entertainment outside, as well…!!! :)

The best food item I had at the Mara was the falafels. Though I've only been like once or twice for lunch/dinner 🤣

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My office has a Nespresso machine and I'm having one and totally not a fan. I tried Pumpkin Spice and no flavor at all. And it's very weak to me.

The price is expensive for those Nespresso machines.

I have 2 (sizes of) Cuisinart, and also a basic Keurig at home. Had all of those for many years. I like strong coffee, and those machines have held up quite well.

FutureCEO

The price is expensive for those Nespresso machines.

I have 2 (sizes of) Cuisinart, and also a basic Keurig at home. Had all of those for many years. I like strong coffee, and those machines have held up quite well.

I have a Keurig for many years but it doesn't do well with the coffee I like. Like it barely drips sometimes. Lavazza. But if I do another brand, it's fine.

But I believe the motor is dying or it just make so much noise so right now. It's a tea heater now right now.

Figgy1

I have a Keurig for many years but it doesn't do well with the coffee I like. Like it barely drips sometimes. Lavazza. But if I do another brand, it's fine.

But I believe the motor is dying or it just make so much noise so right now. It's a tea heater now right now.
I take mine apart about once a month and give it a good deep cleaning as well as run vinegar 1/2 strength followed by a couple of water flushes because mine gets a lot of use, even more so during midterms and finals. Knocking wood(the ferret's head) it's still runs like new 8ish years later
Side note some machines do better with different brands of pods but my machine works well with every brand of coffee in the reuseable filter but I do remember mine not liking a set of pods we got for Christmas even after a good cleaning. Sorry I don't remember which ones as dh took the remaining pods to work for use on the free table which is always full in January

MichRX7

Premium Member
Asking for a friend...
Does anyone else yell out "AHSOKA" like banzai yelling out Mufasa in the Lion King every time the logo shows up at the beginning of each episode? And, if so, does it drive your wife crazy as much as it does mi... err... my friend's wife because then I...err... they finish the "Lion King/Ahsoka" mash-up and start laughing like Ed non-stop for a few minutes after?

MichRX7

Premium Member
Asking for a friend...
Does anyone else yell out "AHSOKA" like banzai yelling out Mufasa in the Lion King every time the logo shows up at the beginning of each episode? And, if so, does it drive your wife crazy as much as it does mi... err... my friend's wife because then I...err... they finish the "Lion King/Ahsoka" mash-up and start laughing like Ed non-stop for a few minutes after?
Also, I apologize now that you will never be able to see the opening again without thinking of this...

Figgy1

Asking for a friend...
Champions League Smh GIF by UEFA
Season 2 Get Help GIF by Living Single

donaldtoo

OK, so MK yesterday…

The birthday girl and her lil’ sis waitin’ to enter MK…!!! :)

C87C4AC7-064E-4B26-8644-EFDAABD54AA4.jpeg

We have PP pics in front of the train station, as well as several others, that I’ll post at a later date.
Entering MK…!!!!! :inlove::happy:

658C4979-EB20-4505-A169-FA4389BBECA7.jpeg

On our way to The Little Mermaid, where I finally got some decent shots of Scuttle, Flounder, and Ariel…!!! :)

8DFA0F2C-B2CC-404D-AE20-B7C3EC8E16E9.jpeg09C99063-9C44-4220-8037-6CA1F4653652.jpegCC71E7B7-27DC-4CA8-AF90-4DDF3CC2B5DE.jpeg3921DA38-0873-4740-9975-1BAA9F8CE57B.jpeg

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Next was Barnstormer, Emmy’s first roller coaster, and she loved it…!!! :)

D581F882-5BFA-46F4-970C-20CB785A09DD.jpeg09A1FC1B-39E2-4E48-BE32-E589C5BF122D.jpeg

After that, we went to sleepy Hollow for some breakfast. Specifically, for some waffles, vegan and otherwise. Turns out they don’t have vegan waffles. Megan was told by a guy down at the front desk that his girlfriend gets vegan waffles all the time at Sleepy Hollow. Sure she does, dude…!!! :facepalm: Also, we thought this was the place that has the Nutella waffles…nope, again.
We ended up just gettin’ large Mickey waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, and Daniel went to Starbucks to get some bagels for Megan and the girls. Kinda’ a fail, but the waffles were still good…!!! :hungry:

9BD082A9-89F9-4C41-8D38-927599F72C97.jpeg2CE1AF55-B899-42D8-AC13-77398336B689.jpeg61847F69-6282-49F7-9101-752AB74831CD.jpeg

OK, headin’ to see Yehaa Bob, so out for now, but, will “ketchup” more later…!!! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom