The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
For anyone wondering, I just found the Halloween lights. They were not in with the Christmas lights.

They were in a bag, hanging off the peg board, by my other Halloween decorations. You know, where I couldn't possibly miss them. 😏

I thought they were old sand box toys in the bag.
🤣🤣As we say in the South, it was so close that if it had been a snake, it would’ve bitten you.
Translation for anyone that doesn’t understand. Right under your nose. 😛

wdwfan4ver

Oh yeah I forgot you have practice Christmas to go first.
There is no practice in some cases since there is likely not going to be a blown up Thanksgiving outside this year at my parents house.

Some people do Thanksgiving, but also have Christmas decorations inside and outside of the house despite it being Thanksgiving.

I am saying that because my parents are doing that to do this year. My dad is having a medical procedure done on November 20th and would only be able to use 1 arm for up to 8 weeks. That means he'll need help to do stuff in the time he recovers, but wants to do major stuff done before then.

Dad wants Christmas decorations to be done outside and inside before than the 20th as a result. My parents also will be having Thanksgiving with me doing the turkey.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

(in the photo) -- nice to see that your son has recovered well from his leg injury, months ago. I notice he still has some sort of Ace type bandage on the calf muscles, but it appears like he's back to his full strength. I'm sure a trip to Disney will help put his leg back to 100% healed! :)

It’s actually a compression sock. It helps with potential swelling. :)

donaldtoo

Then, off to Disney Springs…!!! :)
First, we went to the World of Disney store to get that birthday dress for Emmy. She originally wanted an Elsa dress, but, they didn’t have any in her size left in stock (not even back stage), so she settled for a Sleeping Beauty dress, and was just fine with it.
Then, it was off to Blaze Pizza to get Emmy and Audrey a vegan cheese and black olive pizza to take to Raglan Road for them, as Raglan doesn’t really have any decent vegan items on the menu for kids their age.
Then, finally, to Raglan Road…!!! :)
Us guys all got a Guinness, and the ladies had various cocktails.
I ordered the Fish & Chips, Carolyn and Sarah had the Shepherd’s to Die for Pie, Megan had the This Shepherd’s Gone Vegan pie, and Matt and Daniel had the OMG Burger.
Great atmosphere, friendly staff, but, the service was slooooooowww.
Thankfully though, we all thought the food was delicious…!!!!! :hungry:
Also, we chose to eat outside, as the inside tends to get a little too loud (and maybe rowdy ;)) for young children…!!! :)

0132DD3B-AD87-4E55-90F2-56C2EC253805.jpegE2AB93B2-E0B6-476A-917C-9603F31E8647.jpeg26C26B48-A87B-477F-B433-3BDA058525B9.jpeg7250CA8F-A7D4-468E-B5EE-AA3E0869EA1A.jpeg2910A8DF-2DD8-4C48-9AE4-775799EF7CF5.jpeg936CFBC9-2485-4E02-B918-748EDA473E07.jpeg3272589C-424A-4E16-85B6-C61D6E9874A3.jpegEFBECD95-A5EC-4378-9A5C-C6FD9C3EA067.jpeg

donaldtoo

The cool thing is, Raglan Road also has entertainment outside, too.
Fortunately, we were seated at a round table with a huge umbrella over it, as there was a short downpour in the middle of our time there. Not all tables had an umbrella, so we ended up with a few knew friends standing under our umbrella for a little while…!!!!! :hilarious: Also, a rainbow appeared over Raglan after that…!!! :)
Many of the folks in the huge Gideon’s line got soaked, but, nobody scattered…!!!!! 🤣
That line was wrap-around the entire 1.5+ hours we were there.
Y’all can see the rainbow in the last pic (it was brighter in person, of course), and the 3 pics before that are of the crazy Gideon’s line, left to right.
Overall, Raglan Road was a great dining experience (although the service was slow, to be fair, the place was pretty packed), and it was an absolutely great and memorable first day…!!!!! :happy:

696A2427-A586-46D4-B816-E64C7CA04805.jpegB74BEC0E-A616-44CF-B61E-1130B46F2019.jpegA41FD9CA-B5E2-4D2F-93C1-416DF62CD9C1.jpegL937C63C5-153F-4789-A079-07AD1F5412F2.jpegD5662BA6-7288-4F94-99B7-BE505B1E3776.jpegCF16A53A-9B2C-4DAB-86D0-D4D62211671C.jpegC6B9C9FC-79B4-4CAC-A57D-45859F483E88.jpeg4883A3A6-F955-4F68-B523-A3747E7212BF.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Some room pics, and our door and room number…!!!
I really like the interior design elements of the guest rooms.

Oh, and before we headed out to Disney Springs to shop for a dress for Emmy’s 5th birthday tomorrow, everyone decided we needed a quick snack, including Zebra Domes, at The Mara…although, the only “snack” I had was an Angry Orchard…!!!!!
The Mara has always been my favorite QS restaurant in all of WDW. (P.S.: I could go for a zebra dome now with my morning coffee!) :hungry:

After that, we headed back up to our rooms to freshen up a bit, and I got a shot of a couple of giraffes from the balcony…!!! :)

View attachment 746695
So much fun watching the animals from the balconies. Each location in the hotel has it's own viewing area, and I recall seeing different animals in each section. 🦒🦓🐂

The cool thing is, Raglan Road also has entertainment outside, too.
I wonder if they added outdoor entertainment (and perhaps more outdoor tables) back during the height of the pandemic, and found that it was very popular with guests -- so they kept it! :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Happy Birthday Emmy!!
Disney Fireworks GIF

Goofyernmost

🤣🤣As we say in the South, it was so close that if it had been a snake, it would’ve bitten you.
Translation for anyone that doesn’t understand. Right under your nose. 😛
Not to appear contrary, but my family up north used that same phrase all the time. Sometimes we switched "snake" to "bear". But either one was used and not a single blood relative of mine ever lived in the south until my daughters and I moved down here. I do have a southern born granddaughter now so that should make me at least an honorary southerner. I love grits too. Collards, however, just seem to big to be edible.

The only thing that shocked me was shortly after I moved here I went out and tried to explore the area around Raleigh and on one trip I visited a store that specialized in Pork. It was as I was on my way to Goldsboro on Rte 70. There were signs along the way advertising The Nahunta Pork Center which reminded me of a primitive set of South of the Border signs. The made it sound like it was an amusement park. To get there you had to leave Rte 70 and drive for miles it seemed, in nothing but wide open uninhabited land. When I finally got there it turned out to be, as advertised on the building "the largest display of Pork in the state. Never having been to any other display of Pork I have to agree but the shocking thing at the time was you went into this store and it had a layout the resembled a queue line at Disney. As I turned the first corner the first display I saw was a large refrigerated case with at least dozen actual pig faces looking back at me. It was hard to get past that, but it made me wonder what they did with those faces. I know that headcheese is primarily made of that, but it never occurred to me that was something that you did at home. It was either that or I could imagine someone telling the family that tonight's dinner will be watching you. Sorry for the long story, but it sure was a different culture than I was used to seeing. I did purchase a huge bag of "Pig rinds" for my daughter because she loves them. I don't know for sure if she realized how they were made.
1696425912219.png

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Not to appear contrary, but my family up north used that same phrase all the time. Sometimes we switched "snake" to "bear". But either one was used and not a single blood relative of mine ever lived in the south until my daughters and I moved down here. I do have a southern born granddaughter now so that should make me at least an honorary southerner. I love grits too. Collards, however, just seem to big to be edible.

The only thing that shocked me was shortly after I moved here I went out and tried to explore the area around Raleigh and on one trip I visited a store the specialized in Pork. It was as I was on my way to Goldsboro on Rte 70. There were signs along the way advertising The Nahunta Pork Center which reminded me of a primitive set of South of the Border signs. The made it sound like it was an amusement park. To get there you had to leave Rte 70 and drive for miles it seemed, in nothing but wide open uninhabited land. When I finally got there it turned out to be, as advertised on the building "the largest display of Pork in the state. Never having been to any other display of Pork I have to agree but the shocking thing at the time was you went into this store and it had a layout the resembled a queue line at Disney. As I turn the first corner the first display I saw was a large refrigerated case with at least dozen actual pig faces looking back at me. It was hard to get past that, but it made me wonder what they did with those faces. I know that headcheese is primarily made of that, but it never occurred to me that was something that you did at home. It was either that or I could imagine someone telling the family that tonight's dinner will be watching you. Sorry for the long story, but it sure was a different culture than I was used to seeing. I did purchase a huge bag of "Pig rinds" for my daughter because she loves them. I don't know for sure if she realized how they were made.
View attachment 746730
We grew up in pork rinds. Don’t think I could stomach them nowdays. 🤮
I think my Mom has told me stories of when she was little that my Grandma would cook the whole pig and use all of it. They were poor so had to make do with what they had.
Pork is big on your side of NC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom