The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo , have a wonderful family vacation at WDW. (I was reminded while reading another thread, that you'll be flying out Tuesday morning.)

View attachment 746177

Thanks, Minnie…!!! :)
We have an early direct flight from ABIA to MCO tomorrow morning. We also have a Raglan Road ADR for tomorrow evening.
We actually only have 2 Park days, Wednesday (MK) and Saturday (Epcot), but, we’re staying at Jambo House all 5 nights, so the other 3 days are for exploring the resort, Disney Springs, and, hopefully, some pool time.
We also have another cruise coming up in December…!!! :)
Emmy and Audrey can’t stop talking about WDW…!!!!!!! :inlove::happy:

Cesar R M

My friends have well water. During a power outage , they were out of luck. No power , and toilets , sinks, showers not working due to electricity or lack off powering the pump. My electricity was out but I could flush toilets , take showers, use sink water due to not being on well water.
no way to manually churn?

Cesar R M

We very rarely have power outages, and when we do, they're usually very short, maybe for a couple of hours. The longest one we had in recent memory was mostly overnight. We had it by the next morning. Some people didn't have it for days; we were really fortunate.

You can still flush toilets once or twice with the water in the pipes, so we just save it for, ummm, when it's very necessary. Other than that, we have bottled water and hand sanitizer, and if we really need showers, there's always the gym.

The benefit is no water bill. You can take baths and long showers and not have to worry about a water bill. I don't recall a time in recent memory where we've had to worry about running the well dry either.
I assume your home has reservoirs?
in my home state we were used to have at least one long outage of water per year.
So almost every houses have an "Tinaco" which is pretty much an elevated water tank in each house.
Some more well $$$ homes, had also buried water tanks below the house for additional storage.

Lilofan

no way to manually churn?
I'm not sure but I'm happy like I would say 100% of homes in my immediate area that do not rely on well water. Well water residences do have benefits like water more pure tasting and no water bill but the serious drawbacks is why I'm glad I don't have well water. When the power goes out and you are on well water , the toilets do not flush, no water from the sink , bathtub and shower water stops working.

93boomer

Premium Member
We very rarely have power outages, and when we do, they're usually very short, maybe for a couple of hours. The longest one we had in recent memory was mostly overnight. We had it by the next morning. Some people didn't have it for days; we were really fortunate.

You can still flush toilets once or twice with the water in the pipes, so we just save it for, ummm, when it's very necessary. Other than that, we have bottled water and hand sanitizer, and if we really need showers, there's always the gym.

The benefit is no water bill. You can take baths and long showers and not have to worry about a water bill. I don't recall a time in recent memory where we've had to worry about running the well dry either.
We stock up on gallon jugs of water to use in the toilet when power to well goes out. You just have to fill the tank to keep using it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom