The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hope it feels better soon. Sounds like the boys should kick their training into gear and let you rest.

Oh no!! Take it easy today!! Hugs!
THNX dh drove and James hauled at the farm market this morning:joyfull: We curbsided all the pantry items:joyfull: The boys are getting everything in then they're going to help dh conquer Mount Laundry
@ajrwdwgirl is your farm market still open?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
THNX dh drove and James hauled at the farm market this morning:joyfull: We curbsided all the pantry items:joyfull: The boys are getting everything in then they're going to help dh conquer Mount Laundry
@ajrwdwgirl is your farm market still open?

Yes it is still open. I might stop in today. I'm going to be in town but I'm taking my sister around to a couple of the local breweries near there so if the market is still open when we go to the brewery close to it I'll stop in. I have a few more tomatoes on my plants to harvest so it would be nice to get some stuff to do a small batch of salsa. I don't think the farmers market will close for the season until mid-October. Then in November they run an indoor market which is mostly breads and crafts but there is an indoor hydroponic farm that will sell some things, mostly greens.

93boomer

Premium Member
Yes it is still open. I might stop in today. I'm going to be in town but I'm taking my sister around to a couple of the local breweries near there so if the market is still open when we go to the brewery close to it I'll stop in. I have a few more tomatoes on my plants to harvest so it would be nice to get some stuff to do a small batch of salsa. I don't think the farmers market will close for the season until mid-October. Then in November they run an indoor market which is mostly breads and crafts but there is an indoor hydroponic farm that will sell some things, mostly greens.
What kind of tomatoes did you grow? I only grow the cherry or pear shaped little ones for salads.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
What kind of tomatoes did you grow? I only grow the cherry or pear shaped little ones for salads.

I grow a variety: cherry, grape, romas and then a few bigger ones. Some of the bigger ones are called Bradley and Big Boy. There was another one too. I also had some chocolate cheery tomatoes, they just tasted like regular cherry tomatoes but were black and then red on the bottom when ripe. It seems like the only thing besides herbs I can grow really well is tomatoes, so its a good thing I like them.

Goofyernmost

It's 60 degrees here and I am going out to Texas Roadhouse this evening. Damn, I'm going to have to wear long pants and probably a light jacket. I didn't retire to wear long pants. NC is getting hurricane and tornado warnings for the coast, but inland we are just getting a lot of cold rain and high wind gusts.

Lilofan

It's 60 degrees here and I am going out to Texas Roadhouse this evening. Damn, I'm going to have to wear long pants and probably a light jacket. I didn't retire to wear long pants. NC is getting hurricane and tornado warnings for the coast, but inland we are just getting a lot of cold rain and high wind gusts.
I've lived in inland NC, there are winters especially Boone where a number of folks from FL go to Boone to ski and snowboard.

93boomer

Premium Member
I grow a variety: cherry, grape, romas and then a few bigger ones. Some of the bigger ones are called Bradley and Big Boy. There was another one too. I also had some chocolate cheery tomatoes, they just tasted like regular cherry tomatoes but were black and then red on the bottom when ripe. It seems like the only thing besides herbs I can grow really well is tomatoes, so its a good thing I like them.
Nothing is better than a tomato off the vine!

Goofyernmost

I've lived in inland NC, there are winters especially Boone where a number of folks from FL go to Boone to ski and snowboard.
Yes, the mountains have snow. Which is exactly why I don't live in the mountains. Here in Raleigh in 2010, the day after Christmas, had 10 inches of snow on the ground, No more the rest of the winter. From 2011 to present this area has had no more than 5 inches accumulated total over the past 12 years. That, I can live with. I brought a winter Jacket when I moved here along with winter boots. I have never worn either of them since I moved here.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Nope dear. You go out and pick the tomato off the tomato plant. Then pop it in your mouth. 😉
Ice T No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom