The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

That picture reminded me of a real head shaker on I-81 around Scranton. I noticed that up ahead a lot of brake lights were coming on, traffic slowing to a crawl. When I got up to the spot there was a guy riding a bicycle in the middle of one of the lanes of traffic. It wasn't a slow moving area either, people were coming up on him at over 70 miles per hour. It was beyond stupid. He was taking up a whole lane when there was full lane sized shoulder on the road that would have been much safer, but not overly bright, just safer. I wouldn't think it would be legal to ride a bike on an interstate highway.

As you can imagine, we have a ton of cyclists around here, and too many of them seem to think they own the roads.
The 2 situations that make me SMH the most are the ones that ride (on the shoulder) on a busy highway…seems to me like, at the very least, any health benefit they’re gettin’ from the bike riding is being cancelled out by all the exhaust fumes they’re deep-breathing in.
The other is the clowns that ride their bikes down the old country back road I like to drive…shoulderless, hilly, blind curve, 2-lane road.
There is other idiocy, of course, but, what a buncha’ Bozos.

Goofyernmost

As you can imagine, we have a ton of cyclists around here, and too many of them seem to think they own the roads.
The 2 situations that make me SMH the most are the ones that ride (on the shoulder) on a busy highway…seems to me like, at the very least, any health benefit they’re gettin’ from the bike riding is being cancelled out by all the exhaust fumes they’re deep-breathing in.
The other is the clowns that ride their bikes down the old country back road I like to drive…shoulderless, hilly, blind curve, 2-lane road.
There is other idiocy, of course, but, what a buncha’ Bozos.
I've driven for 59 years (got my license in 1964). During all that time interstate highways have existed and this was the very first time that I have seen someone riding a bicycle on one. Just being there was bad enough but to be riding in the middle of a lane instead of the shoulder shocked me, and I don't shock easily anymore. He didn't look like he was riding a bike for health reasons, death wish perhaps, but man it takes a very limited number of brain cells to do where the speed limit is 70mph. That's carrying "right of way" a tad over the top. When I passed by him I had to check in my rear view mirror because my brain couldn't accept that I just saw that, but unfortunately I did. I really hope that all of the traffic coming up behind me were paying attention.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Was it the frying pan or Shady Pines that made him come to his senses?
That crazy man wanted to go home tonight BEFORE the storm. We were all like, um, no. For a snowstorm, I could understand it. Not for a named tropical storm.

It took endless badgering from all three of us to convince him to make the correct decision
Oh, and so we booked Contemporary for one night on a pass holder rate, right? I'm sitting there waiting for him to book it when he decides "I should read the terms and conditions." 🤦‍♀️

donaldtoo

I've driven for 59 years (got my license in 1964). During all that time interstate highways have existed and this was the very first time that I have seen someone riding a bicycle on one. Just being there was bad enough but to be riding in the middle of a lane instead of the shoulder shocked me, and I don't shock easily anymore. He didn't look like he was riding a bike for health reasons, death wish perhaps, but man it takes a very limited number of brain cells to do where the speed limit is 70mph. That's carrying "right of way" a tad over the top. When I passed by him I had to check in my rear view mirror because my brain couldn't accept that I just saw that, but unfortunately I did. I really hope that all of the traffic coming up behind me were paying attention.

Yep, and as I’ve posted before, my Pop has always said “Having the right of way doesn’t make you any less dead.”

Cesar R M

I was a bit worried it would break right before I got on, but thankfully it ran pretty smoothly. There was a broken Kylo Ren who was just frozen there on the bridge of the ship, which is like the third time I've seen him broken this trip. That was the only thing that was broken, other than the canons which can't move anymore without breaking the entire ride.
Ironically, for me it always broke in the "force push" scene.
I only had a single time working in A mode, the rest all the AAs and effects worked, except the force push kylo scene.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I was a bit worried it would break right before I got on, but thankfully it ran pretty smoothly. There was a broken Kylo Ren who was just frozen there on the bridge of the ship, which is like the third time I've seen him broken this trip. That was the only thing that was broken, other than the canons which can't move anymore without breaking the entire ride.
Kylo Ren was frozen on the bridge when I was there 2 weeks ago. Rode several times over the week and it was frozen Kylo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom