The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
If some rough weather was coming my way I would be getting back home asap to secure my home and or ride it out in my residence. Been there done that in a number of hurricanes.
With a few exceptions storms up here are different as usually we only get extended power outages and minimal damage. In general it's easier just to stay where you are not to mention if getting home the day before a storm hits going home to empty grocery store shelves due to panic buying. At least by staying put they will know if they should extend further if there is no power in their area or if there are problems with their local roads.

Lilofan

With a few exceptions storms up here are different as usually we only get extended power outages and minimal damage. In general it's easier just to stay where you are not to mention if getting home the day before a storm hits going home to empty grocery store shelves due to panic buying. At least by staying put they will know if they should extend further if there is no power in their area or if there are problems with their local roads.
Yes and I've seen from previous reports a number of roads impassable due to many trees down blocking roads and some trees crashing on homes. The tree cutting companies will have a booming business post storm. I'd be a nervous wreck if I'm away and a storm is coming near my residence and want to know what the damage was in the affected area.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

If some rough weather was coming my way I would be getting back home asap to secure my home and or ride it out in my residence. Been there done that in a number of hurricanes.
We don't stay in our house during tropical weather. We have too many tall trees around. Our next door neighbors on one side had a tree fall on their house a while back. Out of their house for a year. So if we'd have gone home, we literally would have turned around and checked into a hotel back home.

We have neighbors/friends who secure our property. We had this happen back when I was in high school and our neighbors went and took care of securing the property.

Goofyernmost

Yes, the real maple syrup is a treat! :hungry: Considering I seldom have waffles or pancakes, a medium jar of maple syrup will last me at least half a year or more; so I feel I can indulge, despite the price! :)

Tree snot, I've never heard Maple Syrup called that before. 😅
1695427314059.png

This was a real promotional design back a just a few years ago. I guess no one noticed it before thousands were spent on signs and syrup containers. So I guess I could have called it something different then "tree snot". :eek::D:angelic:

StarWarsGirl

I remember the first year it was open and the cannons would actually move back.and forth. Now they are perma-frozen. I'm sure that won't happen with Kylo on the bridge but there's a part of me that worries 😬😬
I read a while back that the cannons moving caused the entire ride to crash. I have seen Kylo move this trip, so hopefully they'll get him straightened out.

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo (or any others interested), just an fyi that Mecum Dallas is this weekend. Link below. MotorTrend will broadcast live from 1 PM - 7 PM (EASTERN), today and tomorrow. I'll glance a bit later this afternoon, but Saturdays are usually a better day (for me) for viewing. Also, I think (some) of the better collections are on Saturday.

Thanks, Minnie…!!! :)
Ooops, forgot to watch today, but, will definitely watch tomorrow…!!!!! 🤪:hilarious:

Lilofan

The new stove will be here next Friday at the latest.
One lesson years ago our family learned and never again we will make that mistake. We were baking something in our oven during a storm. Our area lost power. When the power came back on the oven stopped working when we tried to turn it back on , checking breaker switches too. After an electrician came by he advised our oven short circuited when we lost power. We had to purchase a new oven and never again will we use kitchen appliances during bad weather.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks, Minnie…!!! :)
Ooops, forgot to watch today, but, will definitely watch tomorrow…!!!!! 🤪:hilarious:
Watched it off and on yesterday. A few favs: 2004 Rolls Royce Phantom, dark grey, light beige interior and WOOL carpeting . . . $80,000; 1963 Chevy vette, split window coupe, silver blue, dark blue interior . . . $160,000; 1968 Camaro Edition, official Indianapolis Pace Car, white, orange stripes . . . $77,000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom