The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
For any car enthusiasts -- the Barrett-Jackson event is going on in Las Vegas at the convention center, from June 30-July 2.

Last night, I watched some of this (on the FYI channel, DirecTV). Although I know very little about the amazing cars they auction, it was fascinating to see the specific details of these cars (some very rare models -- all in mint condition). I like the various nuances -- such as a Mustang Cobra -- from 1980s I think. That car might have been some sort of special edition, but what made it extra cool was that it had two signatures on (the engine or some other part) from the workers or engineers? that put the car together, back in the day. :cool:

The other part of the show that's fun is listening to the auctioneer rapid fire off the price bids, from some (wealthy) people in the audience. He spoke so fast in some sort of wild auctioneer language, that I didn't have a clue what he was saying! :hilarious:

Lilofan

Me either, a short time ago I renewed my passport even though I have no plans to leave the country. Most of my "travel" days are behind me, but considering the condition of this country right now, I might want to make a quick get-away.
A getaway to Canada specifically Toronto and Vancouver is wonderful. Both cities have many options of diverse food with both cities being a huge melting pot of cultures. That's one aspect of Canada that I love.

FutureCEO

Across that side of the pond, very necessary.

Here...not so much. I don't have one. Can still travel a good bit within the country.

Technically, if you wanted to, you could get on a plane, go to Honolulu, then get on another plane, go to Guam, for a total of at least 16 hours if you're on the east coast...and still never need a passport.

Is there anything in Guam besides the Navy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom