The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey, @Figgy1 -- here are all the deets that your son needs to know about the 2022 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, on July 4th!! :joyfull:

(There's a guy from MA that I'll be watching -- Geoffrey Esper. He said his goal would be to at least come in second, to Joey Chestnut! :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey, @Figgy1 -- here are all the deets that your son needs to know about the 2022 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, on July 4th!! :joyfull:

(There's a guy from MA that I'll be watching -- Geoffrey Esper. He said his goal would be to at least come in second, to Joey Chestnut! :hilarious:

THNX the boys already have that time clocked off:cautious:

donaldtoo

Also, interesting fact…
The pic below shows railings for steps down to the beach at the top of the sea wall along Seawall Blvd. in Galveston. Construction was started on the wall shortly after the Great Storm of 1900 (coincidentally, the year my grandfather on my Pops side was born).
The storm, essentially, destroyed the entire city of 38,000+, and an estimated 8,000 lives were lost. And, the remnants of the storm wreaked havoc into the midwestern and northeastern parts of the US, as well as far into Canada, before it finally dissipated in the North Atlantic somewhere around Iceland.
At the time of the storm, the highest point on Galveston Island was 8.7ft. above sea level. The highest estimated storm surges were 15ft.
After the storm, along with the sea wall being built as high as 17ft. above sea level in some places, the rest of the city was raised by pumping sand into and under it. Pretty crazy stuff, for the time.
The initial phase of the wall spanned 3 miles, but, now spans 10 miles.
I could go on, but, Wiki has an article if anyone is interested…

6497696E-BA03-4334-A0B3-261416B37002.jpeg

Last edited:

Lilofan

There is a place in RI called Oneyville NY System that has the best anytime, late night hot weiners. It is glorious hot dogs with meat sauce celery salt chopped onions and a lot of love. The place has been featured on different food channel programs. I'd enter a hot weiner contest there if there was one.

Tony the Tigger

Oh, well. He didn’t pass. By two points again!

So other than reinforcing some knowledge, this whole last semester was a waste of time and tuition.

To his credit, he already made a plan and implemented it. Some people might have given up or spent some time moping.

After so many people failed last semester, some switched schools for their final credits. The coursework is different, more importantly (to me) the school is accredited for nursing, and his former classmates seem to have done well. He has already enrolled. He can do the first 6 tests at his own (accelerated) pace, and then the class finishes up with a few weeks of prep for the state exam. He would graduate in late August just before our cruise.

In the meantime, he’s working and gaining experience in the field, so everything will be fine. It’s just taking six months longer than we’d hoped LOL.

Figgy1

Premium Member

So other than reinforcing some knowledge, this whole last semester was a waste of time and tuition.

To his credit, he already made a plan and implemented it. Some people might have given up or spent some time moping.

After so many people failed last semester, some switched schools for their final credits. The coursework is different, more importantly (to me) the school is accredited for nursing, and his former classmates seem to have done well. He has already enrolled. He can do the first 6 tests at his own (accelerated) pace, and then the class finishes up with a few weeks of prep for the state exam. He would graduate in late August just before our cruise.

In the meantime, he’s working and gaining experience in the field, so everything will be fine. It’s just taking six months longer than we’d hoped LOL.
Good on him for being able to come up with a plan under such adverse circumstances. Pixie dust xoxo

MinnieM123

Premium Member

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's to always try to have a Plan "B". Thank goodness, he had his plan "B" in place, if he didn't pass the test. Glad he's switching to a different school to finish up his credits & retake the exam. I wish him success. As you also mentioned, he's getting in some good on-the-job experience in the interim.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Bummer about him not passing again. I hope the new program goes better for him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom