The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Dinner tonight is comfort food.
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, Mac n cheese, and green beans. Any takers? 😉😊
I got you beat by a few hours anyway. Decided to cook meatloaf today, because (just in case) power goes out tomorrow, the meatloaf will be already cooked and in the frig -- and cold meatloaf sandwiches are also yummy -- just in case we can't heat up the meatloaf tomorrow. :hungry:

(P.S.: I already snuck a piece of meatloaf at lunch today, and melted some cheddar with it, on top of a slice of bread in the microwave. :p ) There's still plenty of meatloaf left for tomorrow. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well Done Good Job GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
Thank you -- first decent storm of the season so far!!! :joyfull:

(Oh, storm is now supposed to start around midnight, and continue snowing through tomorrow at midnight! :p )

I was out driving around this morning in local city, and nearby towns. Couldn't help but notice all the (white stripes) pre-treatment of all the miles and miles of main roads, ahead of the storm. Pre-treatment looks like this image below -- stripes on roads from brine mixture. Wasn't sure if you ever see this method done on Guernsey. So, here's a (general stock photo / any state) below, to show how all the roads around here looked this morning --

1643401631314.png

P.S.: Want a job driving one of the larger snowplow trucks for one of the biggest cities here? Heard last night on the news that (some) of the larger cities here will pay UP TO $200 -- AN HOUR!! :jawdrop: (Rates are running $100 - $200 in some locations. Gotta say, this is the first year I've heard about such a driver shortage. Yikes.)

93boomer

I got you beat by a few hours anyway. Decided to cook meatloaf today, because (just in case) power goes out tomorrow, the meatloaf will be already cooked and in the frig -- and cold meatloaf sandwiches are also yummy -- just in case we can't heat up the meatloaf tomorrow. :hungry:

(P.S.: I already snuck a piece of meatloaf at lunch today, and melted some cheddar with it, on top of a slice of bread in the microwave. :p ) There's still plenty of meatloaf left for tomorrow. ;)
I love cold meatloaf sandwiches!! I was originally cooking it tomorrow but we are painting the basement all day. I won’t feel like cooking a big meal tomorrow. So leftovers! 🤣 Plus, our winds are really bad tomorrow so hoping we don’t lose power either.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I love cold meatloaf sandwiches!! I was originally cooking it tomorrow but we are painting the basement all day. I won’t feel like cooking a big meal tomorrow. So leftovers! 🤣 Plus, our winds are really bad tomorrow so hoping we don’t lose power either.
So if you have time to paint the basement that means you have finished the jigsaw ?
observing northern lights GIF by LEGO

93boomer

Thank you -- first decent storm of the season so far!!! :joyfull:

(Oh, storm is now supposed to start around midnight, and continue snowing through tomorrow at midnight! :p )

I was out driving around this morning in local city, and nearby towns. Couldn't help but notice all the (white stripes) pre-treatment of all the miles and miles of main roads, ahead of the storm. Pre-treatment looks like this image below -- stripes on roads from brine mixture. Wasn't sure if you ever see this method done on Guernsey. So, here's a (general stock photo / any state) below, to show how all the roads around here looked this morning --

View attachment 617110

P.S.: Want a job driving one of the larger snowplow trucks for one of the biggest cities here? Heard last night on the news that (some) of the larger cities here will pay UP TO $200 -- AN HOUR!! :jawdrop: (Rates are running $100 - $200 in some locations. Gotta say, this is the first year I've heard about such a driver shortage. Yikes.)
Oh we had that shortage during our big snow. They only had 3 available due to everyone was out with covid. So they had to bring in outside DOT trucks to treat and scrap ours!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom