The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
We go out to Planet Watch (or whatever it is called these days) at Animal Kingdom just so we can ride a train!
tumblr_mz9cszuaQN1rn4qwao1_250.gif

Goofyernmost

Thank you -- first decent storm of the season so far!!! :joyfull:

(Oh, storm is now supposed to start around midnight, and continue snowing through tomorrow at midnight! :p )

I was out driving around this morning in local city, and nearby towns. Couldn't help but notice all the (white stripes) pre-treatment of all the miles and miles of main roads, ahead of the storm. Pre-treatment looks like this image below -- stripes on roads from brine mixture. Wasn't sure if you ever see this method done on Guernsey. So, here's a (general stock photo / any state) below, to show how all the roads around here looked this morning --

View attachment 617110

P.S.: Want a job driving one of the larger snowplow trucks for one of the biggest cities here? Heard last night on the news that (some) of the larger cities here will pay UP TO $200 -- AN HOUR!! :jawdrop: (Rates are running $100 - $200 in some locations. Gotta say, this is the first year I've heard about such a driver shortage. Yikes.)
I'd like to meet the guy who sold that crap to places like it actually does anything at all. They spread it around well before the storm. It dries and cars blow it off the road or it rains first and washes it off the roads. But, it does make it look like the communities are trying to get ahead of it, but they aren't. I spent enough winters in the ice and snow to understand the psycology of the whole thing it is the physical part of it that is the farce.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Then you won't enjoy the all u can eat non meat buffett , Sweet Tomatoes. There were several locations in FL, one near DAK. It is unfortunate all the locations of the company closed up during Covid , and never opened back up again.
All of ours closed down long before Covid. Soup Plantation first.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'd like to meet the guy who sold that crap to places like it actually does anything at all. They spread it around well before the storm. It dries and cars blow it off the road or it rains first and washes it off the roads. But, it does make it look like the communities are trying to get ahead of it, but they aren't. I spent enough winters in the ice and snow to understand the psycology of the whole thing it is the physical part of it that is the farce.
Take it up with all the DPW and transportation depts. in the cities and towns in the state then. With the amount of money they spend on this procedure, I sincerely doubt it's useless. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom