The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Asking price? Or sold price?

Asking price doesn’t tell us very much. People can and do ask anything for anything on ebay. Click on “completed listings” for more information.

Bottom line: it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it at the moment you want to sell it. You could get $1. You could get $50.

I don’t think we need to get too deep into it in this case, but condition also comes into play. Accurate description of condition is very important selling online.

If there is any sentimental value, hold onto it.

If not, maybe take a chance on Craigslist, OfferUp, etc. If that doesn’t work out, a donation to a Goodwill type place is an option as well rather than throwing it away.
No sentimental value according to my mother. No goodwills around here.

wdwfan4ver

History and TRs have shown it's @Mr Ferret 88 that is responsible for cars going missing;)
At least its not the raccoon driving the Delorean. The raccoons are driving this:

5c1c38f51634bd6eea9619e1f2dc137e.jpg

and driving this:
front_1_d9b5f5d7-4365-497a-beea-b8aa5b40b62f_1024x1024@2x.jpg

StarWarsGirl

The flaw with that is that the farmers wash them before they ever put then in the carton. I used to go out in the morning and gather the eggs from the nest and believe me you don't want to have to look at them at that point. In my 73 years I have never heard of that no wash/wash situation. I'm thinking old wives tail on that one. The ones you buy from a farmer direct are washed as well. The stuff you find on a chicken egg is worse then whatever the food borne debris might be.
My aunt brings in her eggs and doesn't wash them right away. They usually are fine. If one of the chickens has laid someplace nasty (because her chickens don't actually lay in their coop) then she'll wash it and refrigerate it right away, but most of her eggs are unwashed and you can barely tell.

Songbird76

Okay, so according to my aunt who has chickens...

Unwashed eggs don't go into the fridge. Just leave em out, you can keep them good for a very long time.

Once you wash an egg, you have to refrigerate it or eat it because then you risk food-bourne illness if you don't. The kinds you buy in the grocery store are washed, so those should be refrigerated.

Don't kill the messenger.
Our grocery stores just have them on a regular shelf. I've never had a problem with it. I keep them in the fridge once I buy them, but they are unrefrigerated until I get them home.

Songbird76

Oh look, I found my people.

I got this bowl thingy from Panera yesterday because my stomach was all upset and Panera's the only thing that will calm it sometimes (don't ask me why). My mom was like, why are you picking out the tomatoes.

Because, tomatoes belong cooked on something. In a quesadilla, on pizza, in a sauce (and even then, I don't like chunks of tomato). They don't belong randomly hanging out in something.

If it's on a sandwich, I won't pick it off, but I also don't go out of my way to put it on either.
season 1 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

What's wrong with the tomato?

season 1 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

FutureCEO

Weather bulletin update for @Mr Ferret 88 (and everyone else who is following this exciting news) --

As of late yesterday, the weather guys have increased the snowfall numbers for my area -- we're now expecting up to 2 FEET !!! :D Storm starts late this evening and is supposed to be snowing all day Saturday. :joyfull:

View attachment 617031

This is one weather station. Finally some snow. Funny how we used to have snow like this all the time and now it's every few years.

Attachments

• SNE-Wide-Snow-2-2.png
    SNE-Wide-Snow-2-2.png
    844.8 KB · Views: 5

Lilofan

Weather bulletin update for @Mr Ferret 88 (and everyone else who is following this exciting news) --

As of late yesterday, the weather guys have increased the snowfall numbers for my area -- we're now expecting up to 2 FEET !!! :D Storm starts late this evening and is supposed to be snowing all day Saturday. :joyfull:

View attachment 617031
Sounds good but in areas where my family and friends live that get snow, huge snow accumulations like that could cause power outages in town when trees fall over power lines . Keep warm and safe!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom