The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sounds good but in areas where my family and friends live that get snow, huge snow accumulations like that could cause power outages in town when trees fall over power lines . Keep warm and safe!
Power outages are always a possibility, and it's really random. For example, a tree limb could come down streets away, and yet knock out power to a larger area. Been through that before. Power crews are stationed all over the place, so hopefully, power will be restored relatively within a reasonable time, if it does go out. All depends on the winds, too. (And if the temps stay lower, the snow will be a lighter, dryer snow that is not as damaging to tree limbs and overhead power wires.)

That said, I have plenty of cookies at home. Will be o.k. :hungry:

Goofyernmost

My aunt brings in her eggs and doesn't wash them right away. They usually are fine. If one of the chickens has laid someplace nasty (because her chickens don't actually lay in their coop) then she'll wash it and refrigerate it right away, but most of her eggs are unwashed and you can barely tell.
I'm sure your Aunt is functioning in a manner that she was taught, but so far no exact reason for the difference or need to react one way or the other (to wash or not to wash) has been forth coming. Admitting that my scientific egg storage knowledge is as limited as that of my knowledge of quantum physics (zero, if you're wondering) it makes no sense to me unless the shell has a crack but that is usually obvious. So, what we have heard so far is that if you wash them refrigerate them, if they aren't then you leave them out. My question is the following. What exactly will happen to the egg if it is refrigerated when compared to one the isn't? I really don't know. I come from a family that going back two generation, proceeding me, one of which was a farming family that always refrigerated them washed, as a usual procedure. No answer that only involves what ones aunt, uncle, 4th cousin twice removed or a friend of a friend habitually does will be accepted as valid. If we go by that collateral then I am just as right saying that nothing different happens than anyone else saying something non-specific does.

This, my friends, has just been a session of brain farts that to me is just as helpful in retaining sanity as Wordle will ever be. 🤔🤓🙃

Last edited:

Figgy1

Weather bulletin update for @Mr Ferret 88 (and everyone else who is following this exciting news) --

As of late yesterday, the weather guys have increased the snowfall numbers for my area -- we're now expecting up to 2 FEET !!! :D Storm starts late this evening and is supposed to be snowing all day Saturday. :joyfull:

View attachment 617031

This is one weather station. Finally some snow. Funny how we used to have snow like this all the time and now it's every few years.
I think I finally have the blowers set correctly. We should get next to nothing

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Our grocery stores just have them on a regular shelf. I've never had a problem with it. I keep them in the fridge once I buy them, but they are unrefrigerated until I get them home.
I did some research, and it has to do with salmonella. In the EU and UK, chickens are vaccinated for salmonella, so eggs don't have to be washed, and the thinking is that if you keep them cold, they could develop condensation which could then be a breeding ground for bacteria.

The USDA requires eggs to be washed because of salmonella and then kept cold (because then no more bacteria can grow). Several other countries, including Australia and Japan, also require this.

Both methods appear to work.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Just me but it seems Disney is also going back to dragging their feet, spreading costs out and such. AKA the bob treatment
Trust me, it's the supply chain. Especially if there's anything electronic or coming from China, it's the supply chain. I don't even like talking about the supply chain right now. The supply chain is also why I got team member of the quarter and am getting a raise, but the supply chain...I can't with the supply chain.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Trust me, it's the supply chain. Especially if there's anything electronic or coming from China, it's the supply chain. I don't even like talking about the supply chain right now. The supply chain is also why I got team member of the quarter and am getting a raise, but the supply chain...I can't with the supply chain.
Just to elaborate more...
I went through my reports for fun. I'd say about 50% of the stuff I'm looking at goes on backorder. Of that, most of it takes between 2-3 months between the point of sale and shipping. One of our most popular items is on a six month backorder. I saw we just fulfilled a couple of orders in January that were booked in June. And I can't even see some of the other backorder reports.

It's just plain nuts. I'm not shocked that Disney prioritized Guardians because Epcot desperately needs more rides and MK is okay the way it is, but I can completely understand delays due to supply chain issues.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
season 1 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

What's wrong with the tomato?

season 1 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls
Love avocado. Tomato? Not so much.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Weather bulletin update for @Mr Ferret 88 (and everyone else who is following this exciting news) --

As of late yesterday, the weather guys have increased the snowfall numbers for my area -- we're now expecting up to 2 FEET !!! :D Storm starts late this evening and is supposed to be snowing all day Saturday. :joyfull:

View attachment 617031
Well Done Good Job GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom