The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

This guy, too! My vaca was supposed to end Sunday. I quietly kept quiet 😆 on Monday, and mostly nobody bothered me. I stayed home, still did a little work.

And what’s Tuesday? My regular day off, of course. 😀

:hilarious:
And, I’ve got another inadvertent day off, too…
Apparently, 2 negative Covid home tests aren’t good enough to go back to the office, so I had to schedule a test at a medical facility.
The first place I called was a drive up that I used before our Texas coast trip…early afternoon appt., and had results by 5p same day.
When I called this morning, they said the wait for results is now 2 days…!!! :bored:
The earliest I could get in at another place was 3p-ish, but, they’ll have results in 15 mins.
Luckily, I have a buncha’ vacation days built up, ‘cause there’s no way I’m gonna’ be able to make up all those hours…!!!!! :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

I like Word but I'm not paying monthly for the small times I need it. Have LibraOffice instead.
I picked up a perpetual 2016 Office license before I graduated from college. It was $25. My dad and brother both use it. I have Office 365 on my personal devices. For a while I was just using work licenses (work doesn't care) but since I'm back in school, I switched to using the free one I get through school.

donaldtoo

I didn't watch a whole lot of cartoons. They came on pretty early on Saturday morning and I was usually still sleeping. I'd get so mad at my brother, who was addicted to cartoons, because he'd come banging on my door and running into my room "Cartoons are on!!!" Like, I don't care! Why are you waking me up for some stupid cartoon?? If Loony Tunes were on I'd watch them, or smurfs, but I wasn't into a whole lot of TV. I did like Kids Incorporated and the Mickey Mouse club....those came on after school, and my brother would make fun of me for watching little kid shows, while he watched GI Joe and He-man, which weren't. :rolleyes: Yeah....He-man is the height of sophistication and maturity in TV.

I never watched G.I. Joe, He-man, or any other “serious” cartoons (if there is such a thing :hilarious:), but, I did love, and still do love, the silly ones.
Also, that was pretty much a mere fraction of our daily lives. We were out in the front yard playin’ “base tag”, or out in the street playin’ “tennis baseball”, or ridin’ our bikes into the foothills, etc.
TV, back then, for us anyway, was just filler between our outdoor adventures…!!! :)

93boomer

Premium Member
I never watched G.I. Joe, He-man, or any other “serious” cartoons (if there is such a thing :hilarious:), but, I did love, and still do love, the silly ones.
Also, that was pretty much a mere fraction of our daily lives. We were out in the front yard playin’ “base tag”, or out in the street playin’ “tennis baseball”, or ridin’ our bikes into the foothills, etc.
TV, back then, for us anyway, was just filler between our outdoor adventures…!!! :)
Yep for us too. We built tents out of sheets, made “mud” pies, rode bikes, etc. We lived outside in the summer. And of course had to help with the vegetable garden.
We watched tv Sat morning for the cartoons. Not too much at night but a few shows. I remember Lawrence Welk, Bonanza, Hee Haw, shows like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom