The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Saline spray or netipot can help with your congestion. Drink lots of warm liquids like tea with honey to help your cough. My Mom swears by saltwater gargles to help with dry/scratchy throats from coughing. Get well soon.
You'll love this one -- from my grandmother. :D Ready? She insisted that a sore throat could be cured by whiskey. Remember sugar cubes? She'd pour whiskey in a small (like a shot glass), and then put in a sugar cube, to make it sweeter to drink. She tried that with me once (I was about 8 at the time), and I spit it out. :hilarious: Said I'd "live" with the sore throat instead.

93boomer

Premium Member
You'll love this one -- from my grandmother. :D Ready? She insisted that a sore throat could be cured by whiskey. Remember sugar cubes? She'd pour whiskey in a small (like a shot glass), and then put in a sugar cube, to make it sweeter to drink. She tried that with me once (I was about 8 at the time), and I spit it out. :hilarious: Said I'd "live" with the sore throat instead.
Strangely enough, I have heard of that. Yeah I bet it was awful at that age. Yuck.
Hubby's Grandmother had a stash of blackberry wine that she "used for medicinal purposes". Yeah, right, Grandma. :joyfull:

Figgy1

Saline spray or netipot can help with your congestion. Drink lots of warm liquids like tea with honey to help your cough. My Mom swears by saltwater gargles to help with dry/scratchy throats from coughing. Get well soon.
Saline or netipot is a good suggestion but a combo of lemon juice, garlic and honey is excellent for a sore throat/cold symptoms. if nothing else lemon has vitamin C, honey is antimicrobial and garlic goes with almost anything

Figgy1

She should have used good brandy;)

Figgy1

What…?!?!?! :eek:
Disney was behind on a money-grubbing trend…?!?!?!?! o_O:hilarious::D:hilarious:
YUP. Actually they always tend to run behind the trends. Cupcakes, cronuts, spirit jerseys...................... . Then they milk it for everything they're worth and over do it. It didn't used to be that way. They were never uber current but it's gotten worse the past decade or so

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom