The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Who Dis Sutton Foster GIF by YoungerTV

I already told the phone to bring back the home buttons

Cesar R M

I am showing my age some with him. I was not alive when he was a head coach, but I heard of him for a very long time.

I first remembered him on my tv screen for NFL games on CBS. I grew up playing the John Madden video game series on the Sega Genesis back in the 1990s. I remembered him doing tv commercials also.
Same, my only interaction with John Madden was his games.. I started playing them with the SNES.

Lilofan

I am showing my age some with him. I was not alive when he was a head coach, but I heard of him for a very long time.

I first remembered him on my tv screen for NFL games on CBS. I grew up playing the John Madden video game series on the Sega Genesis back in the 1990s. I remembered him doing tv commercials also.
Those were the days with John Madden and Pat Summerall broadcasting games in the 1970s and 80s.

donaldtoo

Those were the days with John Madden and Pat Summerall broadcasting games in the 1970s and 80s.

I was just shy of 8 years old when the first broadcast of Monday Night Football aired…Sept. 21, 1970. We watched it all the time, no matter who was playing, but, especially the Dallas Cowboys, coached by Tom Landry, and the Oakland Raiders, coached by John Madden. We are originally from Texas, but, for the 8 years we lived in No Cal (from ‘68-‘76) the Raiders also became a favorite team…!!! :)
The original MNF broadcast team of “Dandy” Don Meredith, Frank Gifford, and Howard Cosell we’re a total hoot…they were so plowed so much of the time, that it made for some of the most memorable sports broadcasts ever…!!!!! :hilarious:
And, Madden also made for some memorable broadcasts, as well as being a huge asset to the NFL overall, and just a good guy. He already was, and will now continue to be, greatly missed.
RIP, John Madden.

donaldtoo

I remember it... that was when the only thing that troubled us what the upcoming Y2K apocalypse. Seems pretty minor now.

We did not one single thing to “prepare” for that 2000 “ARMAGEDDON!!!!!!!!!!!”…!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:o_O:hilarious:;)
Didn’t believe any of it for even 1/10th of a second.
We figured the “machines”, no matter how many “Terminator” movies you watched, and how many times you watched ‘em, didn’t mean squat to real life, and they wouldn’t have a meltdown…then again, maybe, they are smarter than us…!!! 🤔:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom