The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Wow, Cesar. I'm assuming you're o.k., as you've been online here. Looks like there's going to be some extensive clean-up, bridge and road repair, in your section of the country.
Yep I am fine, I'm luckily in a semi safe area that isnt that prone to floods.

But there is def going to have a lot of repairs since 2 bridges were heavily damaged, 1 destroyed, 1 will come down soon, a bunch of cultural buildings and stores in the center of the river (islands) were pretty much covered in water.
The river might get even bigger and flood nearby homes (its raining again)
And the main bridges between my town and Puerto Vallarta is most likely close as the water continues to rise.
The Vidanta complex (with its circle du Soleil construction area) is also covered in flood water (like they had warned them years ago.. but they went cheap with their barriers...)

What I really hope is that the damns do not burst or get damaged.. those are critical.. If they go down.. the flood waters might even reach me covering extensive land.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Yep I am fine, I'm luckily in a semi safe area that isnt that prone to floods.

But there is def going to have a lot of repairs since 2 bridges were heavily damages, 1 destroyed, 1 will come down soon, a bunch of cultural buildings and stores in the center of the river (islands) were pretty much covered in water.
The river might get even bigger and flood nearby homes (its raining again)

What I really hope is that the damns do not burst or get damaged.. those are critical.. If they go down.. the flood waters might even reach me covering extensive land.
Stay safe my friend

Cesar R M

Casually sitting outside on the porch watching the hurricane footage in New Orleans. All of that crap is coming our way wednesday @StarWarsGirl
Speaking of which, isnt it the anniversary of Katrina... and this hurricane just came right at that time?

Reminds me.. we had a very strong quake in Mexico city a few years ago.. on the SAME DAY as the devastating 85 quake.
The new one took buildings and quite a few of lives as well.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My House Elf duties are a bit behind schedule. I only got 20 quarts of hot peppers pickled
Marty Mcfly Jennifer GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

😉

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , have you been watching the new Bachelor in Paradise (Mondays, at 8 PM, Eastern). They had 2 episodes last week (Monday and Tuesday) to start off the new series. As usual, it does not disappoint -- lots of lame discussions, unusual characters (and some familiar faces from a few previous seasons of Paradise and/or Bachelorette or Bachelor). Can't wait for tonight's frolics! :joyfull:

Lilofan

Just a heads up about Melatonin -- it can raise blood pressure. So those who have elevated blood pressure should avoid it. (And there are specific BP meds that interact poorly with it, as well.)

Other than that, I've heard others do well with it. (I've never tried it.)
I take 5 mg. If one takes 10mg one would probably sleep through a hurricane. Currently the entire city of New Orleans is without power after a Cat 4 hurricane past them by. There is even melatonin for kids gummies bear style.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , have you been watching the new Bachelor in Paradise (Mondays, at 8 PM, Eastern). They had 2 episodes last week (Monday and Tuesday) to start off the new series. As usual, it does not disappoint -- lots of lame discussions, unusual characters (and some familiar faces from a few previous seasons of Paradise and/or Bachelorette or Bachelor). Can't wait for tonight's frolics! :joyfull:

yes we have been watching it. It is entertaining as usual. I thought I would like David Spade more as the guest host but I was a little disappointed in him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom