The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Oh I'm not saying they were right or wrong to do layoffs. I have no idea about all that. I was just answering the question of are they having difficulties with staffing, and it appears they are. A lot of people moved on and got other jobs or started their own businesses using their skills that they used to use for Disney, and others were upset about the way it went down and don't want to go back to Disney. Now that more and more things are opening up again, they have to replace all the people they laid off, and that's a HUGE undertaking...you don't hire tens of thousands of people overnight, and you certainly don't train them that quickly. So staffing is going to be an issue for a while until they can get people trained and settled in their positions. I've read of several people in the Trip Reports who have mentioned that their experience with CMs is less than magical right now with new CMs who haven't been completely trained, and/or don't have the magical touch yet, not to mention that some restaurants are understaffed, so wait times are longer, service isn't as fast, etc. Whether it was right or wrong, it's taking its toll on guest experience, for sure.
I do this often without thinking about it. I am responding to the thought that this may be a Disney regret. It won't be. I just quoted you because that is where I was reading it at the time. My mistake. What you said was correct. That I wasn't disputing at all. Sorry. It will be and is a huge undertaking that the boiling spot that Florida is at the moment will not help at all. But, at the time they did it they didn't have anyway of knowing that here, a year and a half later, we would be dealing with a new variant that might not have meant anything if people would only have listened the medical scientists and not wanna be media stars. It boggles my mind why anyone would have listened to those fools. Our countries educational system is requiring a very severe curriculum rebuild.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Well I don't know what kind of Chinese food you can get at home, so it's hard to say whether you're right or wrong. I know for me, I can't get great Chinese food here and we at at 9 dragons on our honeymoon and it was fantastic. BUT, that was 20 years ago. I've wanted to go back since then, but A won't touch Chinese food and he wouldn't sit through a meal there, so I haven't. But, that being said, there's nothing that says you have to join them for every ADR....you're a big girl. Make your own reservation somewhere else, or just do counter service where you want to go. You don't get charged for the people who don't show up. Only if the entire party is a no show. So maybe go your own way if you think it's a waste of your time.
That's what my mom said... unfortunately the last time I tried that, I was guilt tripped into eating with them ("I suppose you don't love your father who takes you on vacation" "Well, why do I bother bringing you here if you don't want to eat with us?"). One time I went to Pandora to eat instead of going to the QS Yak and Yeti location because I've had a bad allergy experience there, and my mom had to talk my dad down. 🙄 If I can't talk him into swapping it to another day when I'm not there, I will probably end up just getting soup and eating Food and Wine stuff before and after.

Cesar R M

It looks like they might be. They had to lay off so many people, and now that they are reopening restaurants and resorts all the time, they have to rehire staff, some of whom have moved on. Someone mentioned in a Trip Report that there seemed to be a lot of new CMs "earning their ears" and that a lot of the restaurants seemed to be short-staffed. There was just an article on Disney Food Blog last week or the week before about whether Disney furloughs and layoffs would be their biggest regret. It mentions Disney having a lot of openings and offering signing bonuses to get the positions filled.
oh look.. another knee jerk action from Disney that ended bitting them in the butt.. who could have tough of that.. lmao XD

Cesar R M

Well I don't know what kind of Chinese food you can get at home, so it's hard to say whether you're right or wrong. I know for me, I can't get great Chinese food here and we at at 9 dragons on our honeymoon and it was fantastic. BUT, that was 20 years ago. I've wanted to go back since then, but A won't touch Chinese food and he wouldn't sit through a meal there, so I haven't. But, that being said, there's nothing that says you have to join them for every ADR....you're a big girl. Make your own reservation somewhere else, or just do counter service where you want to go. You don't get charged for the people who don't show up. Only if the entire party is a no show. So maybe go your own way if you think it's a waste of your time.
if I remember correctly, they have the default kids menu as well. burgers, nuggets..etc..

Cesar R M

Also.. local news.. While we at the northern side of the bay we had no strong effects of the hurricane. Puerto Vallarta got hit hard.
Mostly because the rain of the northern wall of the hurricane dumped all its water on the mountains. There are reports of all the nearby damns going past its overspill barriers and dumping insane amount of water.

3 buildings collapsed because the river power and speed eroded the walls of the river.
Cars were sept and bridges were torn down.

1630264136745.png

Songbird76

I do this often without thinking about it. I am responding to the thought that this may be a Disney regret. It won't be. I just quoted you because that is where I was reading it at the time. My mistake. What you said was correct. That I wasn't disputing at all. Sorry. It will be and is a huge undertaking that the boiling spot that Florida is at the moment will not help at all. But, at the time they did it they didn't have anyway of knowing that here, a year and a half later, we would be dealing with a new variant that might not have meant anything if people would only have listened the medical scientists and not wanna be media stars. It boggles my mind why anyone would have listened to those fools. Our countries educational system is requiring a very severe curriculum rebuild.
No need to apologize. You weren't rude about it at all, even if you had been responding to my post in that way. I wasn't offended or anything.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's just in the US that scientists were ignored. I know our initial response in the Netherlands was good and we were in pretty good shape with the first wave. It was the 2nd and 3rd waves where the ball was dropped and we're still getting it rolling again. Some countries handled it really well. Germany did a really good job and they've managed to avoid extended lockdowns. France was really quick to react, too, though it really raced through there and they had really large waves, but they actually did something about it. We didn't, it spread like wildfire here in the 2nd wave. We're not welcome even in most other European countries.

Songbird76

That's what my mom said... unfortunately the last time I tried that, I was guilt tripped into eating with them ("I suppose you don't love your father who takes you on vacation" "Well, why do I bother bringing you here if you don't want to eat with us?"). One time I went to Pandora to eat instead of going to the QS Yak and Yeti location because I've had a bad allergy experience there, and my mom had to talk my dad down. 🙄 If I can't talk him into swapping it to another day when I'm not there, I will probably end up just getting soup and eating Food and Wine stuff before and after.
Yeah, I remember when you went to Pandora and he was throwing a fit. Hopefully you can talk him into doing that one when you aren't there. Will your mom intervene on your behalf? Or can you negotiate? Tell him you'll do 9 dragons when he takes B on some ride he hates?

Songbird76

if I remember correctly, they have the default kids menu as well. burgers, nuggets..etc..
They might, but even the default kids menu has nothing my son will eat. He won't eat Disney pizza, chicken nuggets, he won't eat mac n' cheese at all, he's not keen on hotdogs, he won't eat spaghetti, he won't eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....there's really nothing for him. He will eat fries, IF they are not thick cut or homemade. He won't eat steak fries or anything like that. He primarily lived off of Joffrey's giant donuts and QS fries on our last trip.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Also.. local news.. While we at the northern side of the bay we had no strong effects of the hurricane. Puerto Vallarta got hit hard.
Mostly because the rain of the northern wall of the hurricane dumped all its water on the mountains. There are reports of all the nearby damns going past its overspill barriers and dumping insane amount of water.

3 buildings collapsed because the river power and speed eroded the walls of the river.
Cars were sept and bridges were torn down.

View attachment 583224
Wow, Cesar. I'm assuming you're o.k., as you've been online here. Looks like there's going to be some extensive clean-up, bridge and road repair, in your section of the country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom