The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

My goodness! A fractured wrist, too?! :jawdrop: Please let him know that we're all thinking of him ❤️ , and are sending pixie dust to help speed his FULL recovery. (Sorry to hear that he's still in a bit of pain in his ribs.)

Wonderful news that he's finished his 3rd semester (already). Time flies. Good for him, for his continued positive career plan.

Glad to hear that Kylie is a bit better. At that age, all you can do is attempt to manage symptoms, and just let her go about her daily routines. She's probably very happy, and may not even notice that she's slowed down a bit. I think dogs handle stuff like that better than people. ;) They just go with the flow.

That's great about your stores still going strong! That's promising to hear overall, as it's also a reflection of the economy (at least in part). :)

Also very glad to hear @Tony the Tigger ’s stores are doin’ so well...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
We’re still doin’ OT, and have been for months, and our business is just insanely good down here still...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Gotta’ pack away those acorns though, ‘cause ya’ just never know when fortunes will turn again...!!!!! :hilarious:

C30C6CCF-852A-4855-978D-8703EFFD2E4D.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
?? I think you misunderstood my response. I was well aware of the mess with the new system (it's a huge story here in my state), so that's why I responded -- but I was just agreeing with how you also noticed it as well. Guess my wording might not have been clear. Absolutely no harm intended toward your post from my end.
Thank you. ❤️

Gabe1

Hi all. Been dealing with minute by minute melt down of 85 year old Mom insisting I HELP her get vaccinated By appointment. It isn’t going smoothlyly anywhere but OMG it is lost on my 85 year old a mom and it is my fault for not getting her an appointment. She needs it. 🤪 Aging parents are at times beyond stressful.

Gabe1

Wow, that’s a whole new level of passive aggressive there.

I would tip my hat to you had it not been directed toward one of the kindest, sweetest forum members.

Two thumbs down. 👎👎
Wow!

Like @MinnieM123 and I agree it was a misunderstanding and perhaps poor wording of a post directed at me not you. This was not necessary. We are not a thread of yesteryear Saget. We genuinely care about each other.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Bai GIF

Songbird76

Actually this is a good look. Dress, pearls and heals to vacuum. Does anyone remember the original Carousel of Progress where John is talking about his wife doing laundry and ironing and she makes a comment about how much work she has to do and he just tells her to "just iron my shirts". I wonder why that isn't still in the show.

John: That's my wife Sarah.

Sarah: But with my new wash day marvel, it takes only five hours to do the wash. Imagine!

John: That's right folks. Now Mother has time for recreations like-

Sarah: Like canning and polishing the stove?

John: (Laughs.) Ok Mother! You just iron the wrinkles out of my shirts.

Sarah: Yes, dear.
I am not sure about the line about ironing the shirts, but the rest of that scene is still there. Or it was in 2019 when we went.

Songbird76

2021 is being so good (note the sarcasm).

To resume...
Brother called us that we need to meet up to talk. He was not very specific.
My mother was worried his medical tests were worse than expected.
When he came he dropped a damn bombshell.
My aunt, the youngest sister of my mother.. passed away yesterday and only today they found her.
Of course my mother exploded crying. As she was the "fighter" of the family and pretty much carried most of the weight of my mom's family and a lot of other things.
I'm sorry for your loss. You said the youngest sister...was she younger than your mother, then? It must be so hard for your mother, losing her sister right now when it's already hard to get to see family and to not get to say goodbye. Did she have children?

FutureCEO

I kind of cheated and went to an article about Wandavision. But technically, I have no idea because the 'news' online nowadays is full of tweets and social media crap. I hope there is a season 2.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

To resume...
My aunt, the youngest sister of my mother.. passed away yesterday and only today they found her.
Of course my mother exploded crying. As she was the "fighter" of the family and pretty much carried most of the weight of my mom's family and a lot of other things.

Cesar, so sorry to hear about the passing of your aunt. At this difficult time for you, maybe think about the good times you both had during her life, and perhaps that might help to give you some peace. Prayers to your family.

Tony the Tigger

Vaccines booked for Monday morning at Publix! I believe it’s Moderna, which is the one I wanted.

This was a lot like when I book our Disney FP’s 😂😂 and as usual, Brian is not involved lol.

Second appointment is one month from today.

Now, in the middle of my busy work Friday, I have to get our primary doctor to sign our high risk papers asap!

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi all. Been dealing with minute by minute melt down of 85 year old Mom insisting I HELP her get vaccinated By appointment. It isn’t going smoothlyly anywhere but OMG it is lost on my 85 year old a mom and it is my fault for not getting her an appointment. She needs it. 🤪 Aging parents are at times beyond stressful.
Totally understand that! Hugs!

Goofyernmost

It's intentional. Most of us can hardly wait to get aged so we can inflict some of the frustration that our kids inflicted on us for 20 years (and beyond). In short, it is payback time. There are only two rewards with aging, one is AARP discounts and the second is messing with the minds of our children. Otherwise none of us would want to get old. It is looked at as a reward.

93boomer

Premium Member
It's intentional. Most of us can hardly wait to get aged so we can inflict some of the frustration that our kids inflicted on us for 20 years (and beyond). In short, it is payback time. There are only two rewards with aging, one is AARP discounts and the second is messing with the minds of our children. Otherwise none of us would want to get old. It is looked at as a reward.
I believe you are right.🤣 Some parents are worse than others at this.

MouseDreaming

To resume...
I am so sorry for your family's loss.

MouseDreaming

Sorry to hear that.
Still no issues, so far. I was told my second shingles vac would probably give me some issues, as, apparently, it does for most. I didn’t have issue one with it, but, DWifey ran a fever for half a day and had severe arm pain for several days afterwards.
Fingers crossed for second Moderna dose... 🤞
Pfizer first dose, a little pain in the arm, gone after a day. Second dose St. Patrick's Day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
{{HUGS}} my friend

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom