The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Good News/Bad News:

Many thanks to @Lucky for alerting me to the projected free dining dates.

Tammy's approved vacation time may be repealed, as her second-in-command just quit, and her usual summer student has been cut to part-time. She'll know, one way or another, by mid next week.

I dunno, considering the kids are going to do their own thing most days, it might be nice to have 10 days of Jen/Mike time.

donaldtoo

Got squeezed outta' the office a little early today 'cause of all the carpet fun...!!! :joyfull:
They were movin' furniture wherever it would fit into our outer offices from the center area to do that first. They finally came to me and said they had to shut me down. Myself, and a production guy were the only two left on our computers at that point. Place was a bloody disaster. :confused: Packed up all my personal stuff and stashed it in my car for the weekend.
They say it'll all be back together by Monday mornin'... :cautious: ;) :)

donaldtoo

Ours are pretty good.

When I was a kid, I remember them being awesome!
Bro #1 and I used to win the three-legged race every year. Tethered together, we could actually outrun just about any single runner, be it man, woman, or child.
All summer long leading up to the picnic, we would tie our legs together and practice in our backyard. We were like lightning.
The prize was candy. Good candy. We liked candy. :joyfull:

The picnics now are totally different, but when they were younger, my boys always enjoyed them.

Ours are fun, too! Games, food, live music, etc....! :)
But, we wait 'til Sept. and it's called "Fall Festival". People'd be passin' out all over the place during the heat of summer down here, although, sometimes Sept. isn't that much better. :confused:
Always fun, though! :)

donaldtoo

Slip-N-Slides!!! :joyfull: Those were fun, but it was also a case of play at your own risk. If there were any rocks on the ground underneath, you'd feel those; and of course, all lawns had rocks. The other thing was that I had more grass burns from flying off the end and abruptly stopping on the grass. I'd also get the occasional nicks and cuts.

BUT--bruises, cuts, and grass burns never stopped me or my little buddies from this idiotic, backyard water slide lunacy. It WAS A BLAST!!!! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Hahaaa...!!! Yep, I remember the first time I ever took a rrrrrrrippp down the ol' Slip-N-Slide...!!! :joyfull: :)
And yes, bruises, cuts, grass burns, etc., never stopped us from most anything else, either...we wore them all proudly...! :happy:
After 52+ years of life, I'm a bit scarred up, but, DWifey doesn't seem to mind...! :D :)

donaldtoo

Wow. Even just those two picks of the preliminary work--amazing. As a kid, I wasn't thrilled about going to school, and I think maybe part of that had to do with the institutional (prison) look of the place. I can't even imagine now, walking into a school that had bright, cheerful design elements. A welcoming environment like that, promotes a subliminal, positive effect upon your attitude.

Yes, although it's not your typical school, I totally agree. :)

http://www.riseschoolaustin.org/

donaldtoo

I've never been to a church picnic. My church doesn't have picnics.

What they do have once a year is the blessing of the animals. People bring their pets to the parking lot and the priest offers a general blessing. A few years ago, I brought Jack, because he's such a big sinner. :rolleyes: ;) Anyway, he was very disrespectful and barked at the priest during the blessing; and then he pulled out a bag of donuts (that were in an open, tote bag on the ground) from the woman standing next to us!!! :jawdrop:

I'm telling you, never again. There is no salvation for Jack! :eek:

Jack Attack...!!! :joyfull: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

My car got fixed today, which is good.

Ended up having to drive my mom's car for the first time today. She got a loaner from the dealer (I think I'm under the minimum age for being allowed to drive the loaner), but I had to go someplace, so I took her car and we swapped midday. A little unnerving to be driving a big car with no guidance at all, but the car and I escaped unscathed.

Now she says over the summer she'll teach me how to drive that car. I like my car better, but at least I'll be able to get familiar with her car. And I still miss my jackrabbit.

Cesar R M

seahawk7

Good News/Bad News:

Many thanks to @Lucky for alerting me to the projected free dining dates.

Tammy's approved vacation time may be repealed, as her second-in-command just quit, and her usual summer student has been cut to part-time. She'll know, one way or another, by mid next week.

I dunno, considering the kids are going to do their own thing most days, it might be nice to have 10 days of Jen/Mike time.
When are those free dining dates again? My daughter and a couple of her friends are interested.
Nevermind I just read further.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I skip any of the church "events" imho.
They have changed from fun for everyone with good food... to literal brainwashing, baiting and pull the classic "people are dying in X place.. donate now", and have the booth full of pictures of sad kids...
at least the food is still decent.

(ps, I have not experienced the "American" or "Canadian" version of church picnics.)

As I've said my kids are 5 years apart in age. By the time my 2nd, DD made her 1st communion they had gone to pretty intense tactics for tithes. During Holy Communion Mass where we had many guests that were not catholic they rolled out the projector to show a film on donating responsibilities right before these kids were to receive communion. My family was front row center. I was annoyed and embarased for having my guests sitting though this intense film. But the projector broke and they were going to fix it and it wasn't fixing. Priest was sitting right next to me and I actually liked him. He said excuse me to me and said I will be back after the film not to worry. :cyclops:o_O:cautious:

I lightly grabbed his sleeve and said No! You sit down right here. You chose to do this knowing the audience for this mass and I have guests from other religions here that must endure this so you need to show some respect to the children and guests by enduring this with us. He was shocked and he sat back down. He didn't know what to do. :happy: I said it all quietly and respectfully but the nerve of him. Then he gave it a few more minutes to try and fix the film and said lets skip the film and move onto communion. :oops: Amen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom