The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good News/Bad News:

Many thanks to @Lucky for alerting me to the projected free dining dates.

Tammy's approved vacation time may be repealed, as her second-in-command just quit, and her usual summer student has been cut to part-time. She'll know, one way or another, by mid next week.

I dunno, considering the kids are going to do their own thing most days, it might be nice to have 10 days of Jen/Mike time.

Will the 3 boys and gal hang together without killing each other?

MOXOMUMD

I have no idea what you could mean? :hungry:

thumb_600.jpg
Yes please without the cherry. :happy:

Gabe1

I wish I had more color in the hallways at my work. Our school district administrator believes that white makes everything look fresh and clean and that posters add clutter. So all the hallways are bright white and very, very little decoration in the halls. It is so boring walking down the hallways, it reminds me of a prison or something. Our art teacher has asked to paint murals but is always told no. :(

@Gabe1, and @MinnieM123, here are some more pics of The Rise School of Austin lobby tile mosaic by Chicago-based artist Tracy Van Duinen... :)

View attachment 90770
View attachment 90771
View attachment 90772
View attachment 90773

ETA: Sorry, should be mosaicS. The one of the sun is still in the lobby, but, obviously along the stairway...! :oops: :)

Everytime I see these photos they make me so happy.

Quoted poor little Ms White School Walls so she could see what great administrators allow to happen. :inlove:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Will the 3 boys and gal hang together without killing each other?
As it stands, I booked Son #2 & GF in one room; Hubby, Tammy and me in another.

Son #1 is staying home, house-sitting. (Non-drinker, non-partyer, non-smoker, non-druggie - oh wait, maybe that's why he's a miserable SOB.)
Adopted Son will probably have moved into his own place by then.

So, our party of five maybe become two parties of two.

MOXOMUMD

Slip-N-Slides!!! :joyfull: Those were fun, but it was also a case of play at your own risk. If there were any rocks on the ground underneath, you'd feel those; and of course, all lawns had rocks. The other thing was that I had more grass burns from flying off the end and abruptly stopping on the grass. I'd also get the occasional nicks and cuts.

BUT--bruises, cuts, and grass burns never stopped me or my little buddies from this idiotic, backyard water slide lunacy. It WAS A BLAST!!!! :hilarious: :hilarious:
Slip and Slides were never long enough. :)

Gabe1

My car got fixed today, which is good.

Ended up having to drive my mom's car for the first time today. She got a loaner from the dealer (I think I'm under the minimum age for being allowed to drive the loaner), but I had to go someplace, so I took her car and we swapped midday. A little unnerving to be driving a big car with no guidance at all, but the car and I escaped unscathed.

Now she says over the summer she'll teach me how to drive that car. I like my car better, but at least I'll be able to get familiar with her car. And I still miss my jackrabbit.

I'm like that whenever I behind the wheel of a new to me car, doesn't matter if it is a rental, new car or one of my folks car. Being familiar with it will only help. I never got comfortable driving the Towncar. Freak'n Boat.

Yep, I miss my Mustang, still. :(

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
At the time my high school was built in the mid-60's it cost more per sq ft than any other school in the country. The people who designed it built schools and prisons. The building was visually all glass with little bits of brick around doorways and such. The hallways wrapped around the glass walls and that was the only daylight. No classrooms or offices had windows as they were all on the interior of the hallways. The school was and still is very pretty but they certainly made the classrooms feel like gigantic prison cells. Everything was white too.

Our Primary building here was white walls and army green lockers. It was depressing. We got a new principal and the lockers were painted red, yellow, blue green, purple and orange. On the larger white walls above the tile were kid type murals painted by a local artist. It helped. Our middle school principal believed decorations were a distraction to the learning process and would not allow. He grew up in East Germany.

I am glad that I have a window at least in my classroom, I like having at least a little natural light.

MOXOMUMD

I've never been to a church picnic. My church doesn't have picnics.

What they do have once a year is the blessing of the animals. People bring their pets to the parking lot and the priest offers a general blessing. A few years ago, I brought Jack, because he's such a big sinner. :rolleyes: ;) Anyway, he was very disrespectful and barked at the priest during the blessing; and then he pulled out a bag of donuts (that were in an open, tote bag on the ground) from the woman standing next to us!!! :jawdrop:

I'm telling you, never again. There is no salvation for Jack! :eek:
We don't have picnics either. During the summer we have an ice cream social and everyone in town is invited.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom