The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

He is under scrutiny for both his diet pill endorsements and having many followers believing it was a miracle drug. It appears it is not what it was promoted to be or so say the senators calling for his licence.

Then he had some 10 step rapid diet for mega weight loss too this year. You don't have to go hungry or skip meals.

He is really coming under fire for these weight loss endorsements basically.
I wonder if this will be his downfall, like how similar things affected. "Dr. Phil".

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I do not make pierogi very often (it's been more than a year), but darn, they were delish.
(And by "make", I mean lightly pan fry store bought pierogi.)

Sadly, there were no onions available to fry up. :(
View attachment 90683

With milk, of course. :hilarious:

View attachment 90684

This reminds me that I have pierogis in my freezer. Maybe I should make them for dinner tomorrow. They are good, I haven't put onions on mine though. I will have to try that.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I am SO impressed with your offices. :joyfull: They are very attractive with nice colors, and I like how the pictures are arranged on the walls. The floor looks great, too. It's hard to believe those are offices, compared to where I work where everything is minimally designed for aesthetics. it's a hospital; clean and functional, but boring . . .

I wish I had more color in the hallways at my work. Our school district administrator believes that white makes everything look fresh and clean and that posters add clutter. So all the hallways are bright white and very, very little decoration in the halls. It is so boring walking down the hallways, it reminds me of a prison or something. Our art teacher has asked to paint murals but is always told no. :(

StarWarsGirl

I like the DL one better even though I saw WDW's first. I like the Peter Pan scene on the Columbia at DL, that is what makes it my favorite. I do agree that DL's is so crowded. A couple of years ago hubby and I did the dessert seating at DL and that was so nice because I had a guaranteed spot and a chair. It made Fantasmic relaxing, it was a little expensive but I thought it was worth the price. Now DL has different F! and dinning options, I don't know if it will change any of the crowds but I guess I will see in August.
My advice to the WDW version applies at DL's too...see the later show. You try to see the earlier one and you'll contend with the extreme fans who camp out hours and hours before the show for a spot (literally, like picnic blankets and dinner camping out...starting at around 3 pmo_O).

My dad and I saw it, and we found a spot for the later show that wasn't too bad after watching fireworks. We saved our spot and alternated getting food for about 30 minutes until the show started. My mom and my brother didn't watch it. They went and rode Matterhorn and then went back to the room. We stayed, watched it, and did some other stuff. Tell ya the truth, I was just as glad not to ride Matterhorn. I'm getting too old for it at almost 20:rolleyes:. Seriously, it hurts my back worse than the wooden roller coasters at Hershey.:in pain:

StarWarsGirl

I wish I had more color in the hallways at my work. Our school district administrator believes that white makes everything look fresh and clean and that posters add clutter. So all the hallways are bright white and very, very little decoration in the halls. It is so boring walking down the hallways, it reminds me of a prison or something. Our art teacher has asked to paint murals but is always told no. :(
In our school of Business, we aren't allowed to have posters on the walls. You can put them in other buildings, but not in the school of business. Apparently, the dean thinks it looks more professional.:rolleyes:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My advice to the WDW version applies at DL's too...see the later show. You try to see the earlier one and you'll contend with the extreme fans who camp out hours and hours before the show for a spot (literally, like picnic blankets and dinner camping out...starting at around 3 pmo_O).

My dad and I saw it, and we found a spot for the later show that wasn't too bad after watching fireworks. We saved our spot and alternated getting food for about 30 minutes until the show started. My mom and my brother didn't watch it. They went and rode Matterhorn and then went back to the room. We stayed, watched it, and did some other stuff. Tell ya the truth, I was just as glad not to ride Matterhorn. I'm getting too old for it at almost 20:rolleyes:. Seriously, it hurts my back worse than the wooden roller coasters at Hershey.:in pain:

I like the later show too. I think I read somewhere that with the new fastpass system for Fantasmic that camping out and putting down blankets isn't going to be allowed anymore. If this is true it would might help a little. I think we will try the Blue Bayou dining package and get a guaranteed fast pass for that dining section. I like how the dining packages work for World of Color, it might be a touch expensive but it gets rid of some of the stress of getting a spot.

donaldtoo

Yeah, we all drank out of rubber hoses as kids too.

The best summer fun, prior to getting a pool, involved hoses and sprinklers.
Nothing was more fun than kinking the hose to stop the flow, putting your mouth/face right on the sprinkler, and then unkinking the hose. Face blast off!

I also remember my parents hosing down my filthy brothers, and then making them strip down to their undies before being allowed in the house.

When Hubby and I do our evening walk in the summer, we've been known to deliberately run through the sprinklers along the way. The boys have often asked us if it was raining out. :p

If you don't know how to have fun, you're going to get old, real fast. I may be pushing 50, but that's no reason to totally give up on being a carefree kid!

Yep, it probably goes without saying, since I've ever only lived in Texas, Alabama, and California, that I've spent more than my share of time in water, and drinkin' from garden hoses. ;)
Garden hoses, Sprinklers, Slip-N-Slides, Pools, etc., most of the year...!!! :joyfull:
Great memories! :)

On a side note about drinking water...
When I used to go backpacking in the mountains, we got water from the closest creek and put iodine purification tabs in it to kill any unwanted organisms. It made the water look rusty, and have that iodine taste, but, it was darn sure tasty when you were thirsty on the trail, and you knew it was now safe. :hungry:
The other thing we used to have to use to clean our dishes with cold water was Tetrox. It came in cakes, and if you didn't thoroughly rinse it out, you would end up with what we called "The Tetrox Trots"...It would clean you out... :in pain: ;) :)
Again, great memories...! :D

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Celery is actually one of those foods whereby you burn more calories chewing it than it's actual calorie content.
I can see "The Celery Workout!" DVD's now...!!! :joyfull:
But, yes, I too would choose "The Cheeseburger Workout!"...! :hungry: :)
Yeah, I should think every teenaged girl has heard of or done the Celery Diet.
You lose weight alright. 'Cause you got a great big old belly ache from all that raw celery, and don't care to eat for the rest of the day! :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

I like the later show too. I think I read somewhere that with the new fastpass system for Fantasmic that camping out and putting down blankets isn't going to be allowed anymore. If this is true it would might help a little. I think we will try the Blue Bayou dining package and get a guaranteed fast pass for that dining section. I like how the dining packages work for World of Color, it might be a touch expensive but it gets rid of some of the stress of getting a spot.
We ended up getting the World of Color package free when we went. We ate at Carthay Circle theater, and the service was so slow that without us asking or anything, they came back and asked us if we planned on seeing World of Color. We had been, and they said that they realized that the service was poor and wanted to give us a reserved viewing spot to make up for it. Worked out great. I think they also took one of the entrees off the bill. We were going to say something, but didn't have to.

donaldtoo

I was never allowed to play with the hose or with sprinklers. "You'll create mud in the backyard" "You'll run the well dry" "If you want to play with a hose, wash the cars.":bored: My dad was absolutely no fun. He never understood why someone would want to play in water. When I was young (4ish) I had a pair of rubber boots. After a storm, puddles would form in the driveway and I would go splash in them and come back in and change. My dad used to complain to my mother that she would let me do it. My mother's response: "Why not? It's not a huge deal. Let it go."

I used to go over to friends' houses to play in the sprinklers and hoses. My mom had no problem with me doing it at other people's houses provided their parents were okay with it. Just not in her yard. My dad never wanted me to do it period. But in that case, my mother overrode him.:rolleyes:

Good grief.
Sympathy "like".

seahawk7

I'm older than you and that makes a difference. 45ish is a learning curve for many women who use to be able to burn food and no longer can then pack on pounds. I smooshed a foot at that age, combine that with inactivity-all of a sudden I needed a new size of jeans. :oops: I never got really heavy but I was surprised at the things that were a tad more difficult to do going up a bit in weight.

I pulled it off sticking to an Atkins type food group but never really followed any diet, stopped drinking soda as often as I did too. I drink lots of water and coffee/hot tea. I lean to one bigger or full meal a day and 2 small ones. I was never a big sweet eater but those salty crunchy things are my weakness. Love savory. If I splurge one day I try and be a bit more conscious of the meals I pick for the next day or so. It seems to work.
Yeah I go to the doctor tomorrow I will let you guys know if I lost any weight. Fingers crossed because I've been really trying on nutrition and increased exercise.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Those all look good. I really like the little Mickey with the chef hat, too!

As a side note here, I was recently reading in Spirit's thread that WDW is looking to get $15, on average, now for QS meals. That made me cringe. QS, in my opinion, is supposed to be decent food served quickly, and at a reasonable price. Many people, especially those with families, need to have less expensive options.

Anyway, I used to budget $10-$12 (at the very most) for QS (entree and milk). Hypothetically, let's say a family of 5 spent $12 for each person ($60) for lunch. Now, let's push that up to $15 (family of 5 = $75). You can see how just a few more dollars really adds up when multiplied by the number of guests in your party. Then multiply that times the number of days the family stays at WDW. More money is spent for food; less money for Minnie souvenirs . . . :(

I agree. As I said before we spent at least 2 weeks a year in WDW with our kids over 15 years or so. We first budgeted for 4 of us (my kids are 5 years apart in age) $100 a day for snacks, 3 meals, water, Coke and a few adult beverages. That lasted many years and we ramped it up to $125 then to $150. We would do apx. 5-6 table service meals over 2 weeks, mostly when I craved drinking out of a real coffee mug. We never spent all of the budget, we didn't come home with much but it was more than enough. Tickets, resort rooms and food have outpaced inflation be leaps. After the Presidents focus on Foreign travelers to Orlando, I am curious how or if this shifts given Brazil's imploding economy and UK struggling to make small increments in their economy recovery. It is the foreign visitors that are credited with the growth up 7% to the Orlando area.

StarWarsGirl

Good grief.
Sympathy "like".
Thanks. I definitely wasn't deprived as a child, but...I think I would make a different decision if I have kids. Also think if they had let me play in water when I was a kid I would have spent more time outdoors on hot days. My dad can just be strange about some things. He doesn't even like it when my mom and I wash the cars and we squirt each other.:rolleyes:

I used to be friends with the girl next door, and I used to go over there to play in the water with her. They had a sprinkler and did not care if we ran through it. Or sprayed each other with the hose. As long as we dried off before coming in.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Coming to a store near you by summer!

150422125647-gs-oven-thin-mint-custom-1.jpg
\
s043994306.jpg

7546383_G.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom