The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well I haven't done that since I was a kid but I do have fond memories of the taste. But if it's wrong then I don't want to be right. ;) Plus I've never been in a medical emergency where we are resuscitating someone because they drank out of a hose or water gun. But then again, the night is young.

Well, I suppose anything is possible; I, too, had not heard about any issues drinking out of a hose or water gun. My only thought would be to run the water a bit to clear out any stagnant water in the hose before drinking any water.

Maybe because as a kid, I did all kinds of things like that--drinking out of hoses, and public bubblers (water fountains, some people call them). Both of the above could have been at home, at a park, or at the schools. As a kid, I never gave any of that a second thought: if I was thirsty, I'd go get a sip of water. I even recall going to restrooms (if there wasn't a bubbler around), turning on the faucet in the sink, and sort of cupping my hands underneath the water and drinking water that way. Wow. I just now realized how uncouth I was! :hilarious: (Although, I was never thirsty with my class-less ways! :p) But you know what? In all honesty, I don't ever recall any problems resulting from any of it. I wouldn't do any of the above now, but can't recall any detrimental effects from years ago.

seahawk7

dont forget how some of them force you do the stupid "have you turned it on and off?" or "is it plugged in?"
worse, I once mentioned my computer specs (obviously WAY above the minimum) and they said my computer "was too fast for our service" and I was facepalming so hard.. I kinda crooked my nose.
grumpy-cat-stupid-people.jpg

This would be appropriate no?

seahawk7

Well, I suppose anything is possible; I, too, had not heard about any issues drinking out of a hose or water gun. My only thought would be to run the water a bit to clear out any stagnant water in the hose before drinking any water.

Maybe because as a kid, I did all kinds of things like that--drinking out of hoses, and public bubblers (water fountains, some people call them). Both of the above could have been at home, at a park, or at the schools. As a kid, I never gave any of that a second thought: if I was thirsty, I'd go get a sip of water. I even recall going to restrooms (if there wasn't a bubbler around), turning on the faucet in the sink, and sort of cupping my hands underneath the water and drinking water that way. Wow. I just now realized how uncouth I was! :hilarious: (Although, I was never thirsty with my class-less ways! :p) But you know what? In all honesty, I don't ever recall any problems resulting from any of it. I wouldn't do any of the above now, but can't recall any detrimental effects from years ago.
What she said.

StarWarsGirl

The first time I watched her here, she came loaded and I mean loaded with fleas. I put her in the furnace room and took her to be de-fleaed the next day while I bombed the furnace room. I put her back in the room but left the door open. One night I was walking to the kitchen in the dark and she was atop our piano unbeknownst to me and as I passed she lightly whacked me. Like hey lady pay attention to me, I now feel better being debugged.
So glad you did that for the poor cat. Not healthy for anyone, and certainly not good for the cat.

About two months after we got Belle, I was holding her, and my brother, who was much shorter than me at the time, came over and petted her. I said to her, "Why don't you give him a whap?" As he was walking away, she whacked him with her paw. :cyclops::hilarious: It was then I realized that my cat is very smart.

Now, she'll sit on the chairs in the kitchen and sneak attack my arm as I walk by.

Goofyernmost

As far as Five Guys goes, it's a bit further of a walk for me, so that's kind of the reason I don't go there (I already have to walk down a really steep hill to get to Subway or the pizza place. Or take the car if it's raining or I'm feeling extremely lazy).
Another thing that I became conscious of during my calorie counting days was that if the walk is far enough it practically cancels out most of what you eat. Walking there counts as exercise or burning of calories and therefore allows one to eat more or the same amount as usual without doing a whole lot of collateral damage.

Goofyernmost

Just remember what @JenniferS said about eating Five Guys: don't eat too many or you will have the weight of five guys. ;)
I already have almost the weight of five guys, therefore the need to count calories. I really don't trust those calorie measurements completely but they do hit in the ballpark I would guess. So I have one Little Cheeseburger, no fries and a handful of peanuts washed down with a glass of unsweetened tea and it is as good as eating a cartload of celery and arms and legs above it in satisfaction.:hungry::)

Goofyernmost

If I had a dollar for every time I drank out of a hose that had been sitting in the sun for hours or from a water fountain (bubbler in your case) I would be rich. That said, if back in my day we looked at the standards that we consider absolutely necessary for survival today, I would be writing this from the grave. How have I ever lived this long and remained this healthy. It is a mystery.

MOXOMUMD

Thank you to the person who PMed me to make me feel better and offer why I got upset since they read it the same as I did. The quotes around "make fake trip reports" with the ;) next to it leads one to see an inuendo that wink, wink fake trip report. This is how I read it. Without the quotes and ;) it takes on a different context.

Thank you to the person who PMed me to say when something on here causes one to stop believing in yourself, that's their problem not yours, keep doing what you're doing. So true, so true, and I will.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Thank you to the person who PMed me to make me feel better and offer why I got upset since they read it the same as I did. The quotes around "make fake trip reports" with the ;) next to it leads one to see an inuendo that wink, wink fake trip report. This is how I read it. Without the quotes and ;) it takes on a different context.

Thank you to the person who PMed me to say when something on here causes one to stop believing in yourself, that's their problem not yours, keep doing what you're doing. So true, so true, and I will.
Just remember, English is a second language. I can't begin to tell you how many mistakes I have made using my second language! :)

seahawk7

If I had a dollar for every time I drank out of a hose that had been sitting in the sun for hours or from a water fountain (bubbler in your case) I would be rich. That said, if back in my day we looked at the standards that we consider absolutely necessary for survival today, I would be writing this from the grave. How have I ever lived this long and remained this healthy. It is a mystery.
You toughened up your immune system and probably have a positive outlook or live and let live outlook on life.

StarWarsGirl

Just remember, English is a second language. I can't begin to tell you how many mistakes I have made using my second language! :)
Mmhmm. I don't think there was any way that that he meant she didn't go; he just meant, "Let's make up one and continue the fun!" Hard to know how to phrase things for a second language. And English is a really difficult second language to learn. Heck, it's a difficult first language to learn

StarWarsGirl

Because my first class was cancelled
1. I got 2 extra hours of sleep
2. I no longer have to lug my laptop to school
3. Or a textbook
4. Or a backpack. I'm putting my notebooks and tablet in a purse and going with that.
5. I'm only between two campuses instead of 3.
6. I will spend 45 minutes less commuting
7. I start at 12:15 instead of 9:25.

I am one happy camper. :happy:

Goofyernmost

Well I haven't done that since I was a kid but I do have fond memories of the taste. But if it's wrong then I don't want to be right. ;) Plus I've never been in a medical emergency where we are resuscitating someone because they drank out of a hose or water gun. But then again, the night is young.
Ah, yes. Nothing like the taste of water from the inside of a rubber hose. I'm being serious. I still remember it fondly, but, not enough to necessarily do it again for the sake of nostalgia.:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom