The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

If you are a calorie counter they have a menu for lower caloric sandwiches. I used them for a while when I was counting calories. Not every meal, but some of my lunches. I counted calories up until I finally realized that I was eating to my calorie limit. If I had just gone with my appetite, I was actually eating less. I stopped and immediately started to lose weight again. Moderation my friends, that is the key to it. I still might grab a Subway Club off the special menu because I know what the calorie level is, but, I don't write it down anyplace.

My daughter is upset with me because I stopped. She had set it up on my phone to track calories and even linked to my walking app. that automatically reduced my caloric intake based on calories burnt exercising. So what ever I managed to get rid of by exercise, I made up for in the evening by eating up to them.

In case there is any interest... A Five Guys Little Cheeseburger has about the same calories as one of those Subway sandwiches according to my fitness program. If I have to choose... Five Guys will win every time.:)
Just remember what @JenniferS said about eating Five Guys: don't eat too many or you will have the weight of five guys. ;)

seahawk7

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.... Blue cheese is a product of the devil and his PR group. Somehow he has convinced the public that eating cheese that has gone bad is a delicious thing to do. I have tried it, once! Never again until I am relegated to eating out of dumpsters at the end of my retirement.:in pain::hungover:

Of course, that is just my opinion, but, in this case it is correct.;)
But, but penicillin and everything.

seahawk7

Oh Dear. :( And you work in the medical field, I'm surprised you do that. Stop that please! :cyclops:
Well I haven't done that since I was a kid but I do have fond memories of the taste. But if it's wrong then I don't want to be right. ;) Plus I've never been in a medical emergency where we are resuscitating someone because they drank out of a hose or water gun. But then again, the night is young.

seahawk7

Have you seen the DL version? No Pocahontas part in that one. Instead, it's Peter Pan on a pirate ship. They don't have a mountain for the Pocahontas scene (also, I've been to Jamestown, and there are no mountains around there. Or cliffs :rolleyes:). There's also a Jungle Book section and no Jafar. And better Dragon.

I made my dad watch it the last time we were in DL. He complained about having to stand. But then it was funny because two months later, we were at the WDW version, and that's when the dragon failed to appear.

Location is better at WDW as far as the amitheater goes IMO. I got annoyed trying to walk through New Orleans Square during the show. It basically blocks the POTC entrance (for any who are unfamiliar with DL's layout, there is a land called New Orleans square instead of Liberty Square. It's where they show Fantasmic, and POTC and HM are right next to each other. And then Splash Mountain is next to HM in Critter Country and nowhere near BTMRR).

Yes I actually grew up going to DL and saw Fantasmic when it premiered. I like it but I love the one at HS better. There are parts of the DL version I like such as the dragon and Pinnochio but, like you said, it is so darn crowded. For me, when Mickey overcomes and the fireworks, well I just am so darn happy. Good stuff.

seahawk7

Yep, we hit up Cooks for breakfast a few times because we love Tonga Toast and it is a bargain over Kona. Their comfort food for lunch and dinner is very good. Your kids would likely enjoy, you might want to check the All Ears menu lists to see if there is anything you would like to eat with your eating habits.
Yes Allears is so helpful. I was checking out the vegetarian options chart they have. Sometimes when I want some food I check out their menu pictures.

seahawk7

CDJ2aNMWIAEll2V.jpg:large
These look like zebra domes from Boma and the Mara at AKL.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They've stopped production in all plants even though not all have had ice cream test positive for listeria. I would think this is a wise decision and the best decision just to be safe. However, I'm sure there are companies that would only do the minimum. That's my understanding from the article I read but It's possible I misunderstood it.

I seem to recall (maybe 2 years ago) that one of the Chobani yogurt plants had a problem with some sort of bacteria (I forget the exact name). Anyway, Chobani shut that one down (until it could receive a clean bill of health before reopening), but was able to keep the other ones open (that did not have issues) during this time.

My guess is that each situation is unique. From what I read, I guess the Chobani issue was traced fairly quickly to one place only; and maybe with the Blue Bell problem, they weren't sure if the issue affected only one location. Perhaps that's why Blue Bell shut down all their operations until they were positive the issue was resolved.

seahawk7

I use to have a bookcase headboard to my bed years ago. When we would watch my MIL cat when they were out of town sometimes I'd wake to her glaring at me from the top of the headboard directly into my face. It was unnerving.

The first time I watched her here, she came loaded and I mean loaded with fleas. I put her in the furnace room and took her to be de-fleaed the next day while I bombed the furnace room. I put her back in the room but left the door open. One night I was walking to the kitchen in the dark and she was atop our piano unbeknownst to me and as I passed she lightly whacked me. Like hey lady pay attention to me, I now feel better being debugged.
That's a little creepy of that cat.

Cesar R M

That reminds me of one time when my home Internet wasn't working and I called the company who I get my service from. They were no help but I did a couple of things and it started working. But the gal was still on the phone and said to me before I got off the phone with her that next time my Internet goes down I can reach them online. :banghead:
dont forget how some of them force you do the stupid "have you turned it on and off?" or "is it plugged in?"
worse, I once mentioned my computer specs (obviously WAY above the minimum) and they said my computer "was too fast for our service" and I was facepalming so hard.. I kinda crooked my nose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom