The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
My kids would have loved this playground when they were little. I would have loved playing on it with them.
CDJ1sjtW0AEx52Q.jpg

Inside the Magic photo
Grandchildren. Just wait.

(That's the only reason I haven't yet killed Beavis and Butt-head.)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
If you are a calorie counter they have a menu for lower caloric sandwiches. I used them for a while when I was counting calories. Not every meal, but some of my lunches. I counted calories up until I finally realized that I was eating to my calorie limit. If I had just gone with my appetite, I was actually eating less. I stopped and immediately started to lose weight again. Moderation my friends, that is the key to it. I still might grab a Subway Club off the special menu because I know what the calorie level is, but, I don't write it down anyplace.

My daughter is upset with me because I stopped. She had set it up on my phone to track calories and even linked to my walking app. that automatically reduced my caloric intake based on calories burnt exercising. So what ever I managed to get rid of by exercise, I made up for in the evening by eating up to them.

In case there is any interest... A Five Guys Little Cheeseburger has about the same calories as one of those Subway sandwiches according to my fitness program. If I have to choose... Five Guys will win every time.:)
That's good to know. I don't count calories, but I think it's good to know how many calories are in things so that you're aware. I was counting calories when I was in high school for a while (with an app like your daughters were having you do), but I felt really bad while I was doing it, and I am very mildly hypoglycemic (my grandmother is as well...I cannot win in the genetics department), and normally, I'll only have an episode a few times a year, but I was having them a lot while I was counting calories. I think I should have been counting up to 2,000 because I'm young and muscular, but for my height it told me 1,500-1,800 was good. Should have listened to my body.

When I go to Subway, my standard order is over roasted chicken on flatbread with cheddar cheese and chipotle sauce. I don't go there a lot because I either bring my own meals or I'm at the older campus, which has better food for some odd reason.

As far as Five Guys goes, it's a bit further of a walk for me, so that's kind of the reason I don't go there (I already have to walk down a really steep hill to get to Subway or the pizza place. Or take the car if it's raining or I'm feeling extremely lazy). Then I found out about the amount of peanuts in there, and just decided I'm not comfortable eating there. I have enough burgers at home and at baseball games, so I'm good.:)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
There as so many reasons beyond snow (although important) to not live in Canada. For one thing they are far to passive aggressively polite. Plus they spell words funny and say things like "eh" and "aboat". And according to @JenniferS, they all live in Million Dollar Igloos!
I've been suspicious about Canada since we started doing this Canadian song for chorus, and my director, and my director said, "Now this song is meant to sound more and more drunk as you go along..."o_O

Lyrics

The bold parts are just...:eek:

Oh, there's lots of fish in Bonavist' harbour,
Lots of fish right in around here'
Boys and girls are fishin' together'
Forty-five from Carbonear.

cho: Oh, catch-a-hold this one, catch-a-hold that one
Swing around this one, swing around she;
Dance around this one, dance around that one
Diddle-dum this one, diddle-dum dee.

Oh, Sally is the pride of Cat Harbour,
Ain't been swung since last year,
Drinkin' rum and wine and cassis
What the boys brought home from St Pierre.

Oh, Sally goes to church every Sunday
Not for to sing nor for to hear,
But to see the feller from Fortune
What was down here fishin' the year .

Oh, Sally's got a bouncin' new baby,
Father said that he didn't care,
'Cause she got that from the feller from Fortune
What was down here fishin' the year.

Oh, Uncle George got up in the mornin',
He got up in an 'ell of a tear
And he ripped the ar se right out of his britches
Now he's got ne'er pair to wear.

Oh, there's lots of fish in Bonavist' Harbour,
Lots of fishermen in around here;
Swing your partner, Jimmy Joe Jacobs,
I'II be home in the spring of the year.

http://www.smartlyrics.com/Song503247-Unknown-Feller-From-Fortune-lyrics.aspx

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Your body was telling you something and true not unusual for most college students though my DD was an early riser. How late do you stay up?
Between midnight and 1 am. After 11 pm, I'm completely useless. I try not to stay up any later than 1 am.

I'm not feeling great, so that's probably why I slept so late this morning. Plus, I get up at 7:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Usually on Tuesdays I go to religious meetings after school and don't get home until 10. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and my asthma was not good, so I came home. Thursdays I go to school, have a tutee from 6-7, and then go home. But that's exhausting because I start out at main campus, move to old campus, go to school #2, go back to old campus, and then go home. I tell my student "If I look exhausted on Thursdays, it's because I am."

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I still haven't booked any.

I've never come close to the 180 day mark, some of which is due to the later years booking trip sometimes days before I leave. When we went over Christmas vacation time I did book the biggie holidays though.

My one regret one year was booking I did book Christmas Eve and Christmas day and not booking anything for New Years Eve. Big mistake. Trying to get into any, even the worst quick service was not possible. We ate off cart kiosks. Wish I had booked a couple table service for NYE, did for the Millennium a few years later.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I agree. Just think all the sleep we would get. And our self esteem would be so healthy.
And in the case of my cat, you get cuddles on demand, are constantly on top of your owner's face, and get lots of exercise because you run around the house for absolutely no good reason. And then when you've worn yourself out, you go to sleep as close to your owner's face as possible

Gabe1

What if they end up being like me and decide never to marry or have kids and get a bunch of cats for company for the rest of their lives?

Wait, no one is like me, nevermind...

I serious believe my DS might never have kids. My DD isn't too keen on them either. I have good friends that neither of them wanted kids. One of which her brother isn't having either, believing in some blood lines are meant to end. Unlike you they have 3 rescue dogs, but same principle.

Gabe1

That's good to know. I don't count calories, but I think it's good to know how many calories are in things so that you're aware. I was counting calories when I was in high school for a while (with an app like your daughters were having you do), but I felt really bad while I was doing it, and I am very mildly hypoglycemic (my grandmother is as well...I cannot win in the genetics department), and normally, I'll only have an episode a few times a year, but I was having them a lot while I was counting calories. I think I should have been counting up to 2,000 because I'm young and muscular, but for my height it told me 1,500-1,800 was good. Should have listened to my body.

When I go to Subway, my standard order is over roasted chicken on flatbread with cheddar cheese and chipotle sauce. I don't go there a lot because I either bring my own meals or I'm at the older campus, which has better food for some odd reason.

As far as Five Guys goes, it's a bit further of a walk for me, so that's kind of the reason I don't go there (I already have to walk down a really steep hill to get to Subway or the pizza place. Or take the car if it's raining or I'm feeling extremely lazy). Then I found out about the amount of peanuts in there, and just decided I'm not comfortable eating there. I have enough burgers at home and at baseball games, so I'm good.:)

Do you sometimes wonder with the 'possible' listed that they are just covering their tushies. I've noticed more and more in the last 5 years or so it seems they list out everything under the sun so they are covered. I found it originally a good resource and now more catch all listings so they are legally covered defeating the helpfulness to us altogether. Kinda like a sign that says slippery when wet.

Gabe1

And in the case of my cat, you get cuddles on demand, are constantly on top of your owner's face, and get lots of exercise because you run around the house for absolutely no good reason. And then when you've worn yourself out, you go to sleep as close to your owner's face as possible

I use to have a bookcase headboard to my bed years ago. When we would watch my MIL cat when they were out of town sometimes I'd wake to her glaring at me from the top of the headboard directly into my face. It was unnerving.

The first time I watched her here, she came loaded and I mean loaded with fleas. I put her in the furnace room and took her to be de-fleaed the next day while I bombed the furnace room. I put her back in the room but left the door open. One night I was walking to the kitchen in the dark and she was atop our piano unbeknownst to me and as I passed she lightly whacked me. Like hey lady pay attention to me, I now feel better being debugged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom