The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I know I would like a direct line to my pantry so Option A and B would be out for me šŸ˜‚

:hilarious:
We got the bids back from the guy doinā€™ the rebuild a few days ago. Option A was $153.00, B was $493.
C, D, and E were all over 5K, with C beinā€™ the highest at $5,323. I knew the new built-in pantry cabinet in the old laundry space would push that one above the others.
Anyhoo, Mom and Pop went with option A with the old wet bar space left open for furniture, etc.
But, since the old 2ā€™x2ā€™ pantry cabinet was where the new island is now gonnaā€™ go, we decided to do a similar sized full height pantry cabinet on the opposite wall on the end of the counter between the dining and the kitchen. This one will be a more modern pantry with rollout shelves/drawers. Theyā€™ll use the 5 shelves being installed in the old Murphy Bed closet to store larger stuff and stuff that is not used as often.
The new island will have much more counter space than what that area used to have, and the 2ā€™x2ā€™ area of counter space taken up by the new pantry will be negligible.
All problems solved, especially cost...!!!!! :greedy::hilarious:
Itā€™s funny though, ā€˜cause at the beginning Mom just wanted everything rebuilt as it was. Doinā€™ what I do for a livinā€™, youā€™d think Iā€™d be the one tryinā€™ to suggest all those changes, but, bedsides the island, it was my 2 younger broā€™s...!!! :hilarious:
One of my broā€™s even suggested putting the kitchen where the game/bonus room is now to make the dining room much larger. I nipped that in the bud (thanks Bernard P. Fife ;)), ā€˜cause that would take another room/flex space outtaā€™ the house, which would be a loser for resale someday, and the dining room doesnā€™t need to be nearly that large. Homebuyers are always looking for flexibility these days, and after I explained that to him, he got it.
The island idea was a no-brainer though, that even Mom liked from the beginning, and it was also suggested from the beginning to put a new pantry where itā€™s now goinā€™...funny how things sometimes go full circle like that...!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Going through life right now with the virus threat, life drama, political drama, YouTube drama, murder hornets, incoming hurricane, now a comet.....

giphy.gif

What a ride.

No worries...Elon Musk will just invent ā€œCometXā€...!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

The River Rats had it rough. They got slaughtered in their little patrol boats. It off all the jobs in Vietnam, that would be really low on my list of ones I'd want to be assigned to. I'm glad your friend made it home.

Yea, it was one of those moments when we all stopped and contemplated for a bit. But, he said ā€œScrew that!ā€ and ordered us all another round...!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Today June 6th is when D day occurred (WW II) and the beginning of the end of Hitler's rain of terror over Europe. I salute all those who gave their lives and those who survived with the memories of that day.

Yes, and out of all the beaches, Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno, and Sword, Omaha was by far and away the worst for any troops. But, I salute all, as the predicaments were never fully known before the allied invasion. The Nazis were sure we were gonnaā€™ invade at Calais, as it was the shortest route to the northern coast of France.
And the missed drops of the 82nd Airborne.
Also, DWifey and myself went to watch ā€œSaving Private Ryanā€ at one of the local theaters when it came out.
In the row in front of us were 3 elderly couples. We were all there well before the start of the movie. They started talking about the war. I asked if it was OK to join in and ask questions, because I knew a bit from just reading as a youth. They said it was fine.
2 of the 3 men had been in the European Theater during WWII, one in the Pacific theater. One of their wives were a WAC, one was in the WAVES, and the other was an Army Nurse.
We expressed our appreciation for their service and then watched the entire movie without speaking.
After the end, I asked them how they thought it was portrayed...they all said, that was the best movie portrayal theyā€™ve ever seen in their lives.
Letā€™s just say it was a very emotional night for us all.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom