the Biggest Moments in Disney World

imagineer boy

Was the Stitch castle like that for just one day? It's kinda funny but I'd be made if that was my only day at MK and I had to get pictures taken with TP all over the castle. Why is Stitch all over MK anyway? Was the movie really that popular?

The movie was popular and Stitch merhandice was popular for a while, but management treated him like he was some sort of national sensation or somthing.

Matt and Kelly

I'll quickly throw my 2 cents in about the OP comments, mainly regarding Fastpass. I really like the fastpass system. I can certainly be difficult to grab a decent fastpass for rides like Toy Story or Soarin on really busy days but I like it a lot better than the VIP passes at Universal.

bellhop13

Original Poster
For what it's worth, I think the layout of DHS as a whole isn't great. There certainly is no real sense of a theme from one area to another. It's the one park where I think they can get away with just putting something in the easiest place and hoping for the best.
agreed!
The backstory works perfectly.
It does, I just think the attraction looks way out of place.

I like it a lot better than the VIP passes at Universal.
agreed, Universal is desperately searching for more ways to make a buck!

raven

Wonders of Life pavilion is in no way "rotting." It's very upkept but just isn't being used all of the time. Walls are freshly painted, carpet cleaned and small construction projects are done all the time in that pavilion between festivals. It's in better shape than some open pavilions. The Seas is in the worst condition actually with major structure issues.

As far as Fast Pass return times go, it's difficult to stick to the exact return time with unpredictable Florida weather. Example: If your FP for Big Thunder Mountain was between 2PM and 3PM and it was raining, either you'd complain about having to do so or you'd want to be able to come back later.

NewfieFan

Stitch jokes are so 2009! :rolleyes:

Just b/c he has one bad attraction and a bad show (that doesn't exist anymore) doesn't make him a bad character. Disney just needs to figure out how to use him properly.

NewfieFan

Heck, I don't even mind the attraction that much. :lol:

I think the ride is horrible... but then I have young children so I'm sure that is affecting my opinion!

Stitch can be a cute character... I don't know why Disney hasn't focused on that aspect more!?! I never really saw the appeal of Stitch until my kids got into it. I didn't hate the character but I didn't love him either!

For my kids sake I wish Disney would do something fun with Stitch (and not just a couple M&Gs in AK and Epcot).

mousebymarriage

mk_castle_cake.jpg

NUFF SAID...
I think I said the first time I saw this pink nightmare as I was walking up main street!:eek:

EPCOT Explorer

I think the ride is horrible... but then I have young children so I'm sure that is affecting my opinion!

Stitch can be a cute character... I don't know why Disney hasn't focused on that aspect more!?! I never really saw the appeal of Stitch until my kids got into it. I didn't hate the character but I didn't love him either!

For my kids sake I wish Disney would do something fun with Stitch (and not just a couple M&Gs in AK and Epcot).

I had never done the ride until this past year, went in with VERY low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised. It just suffers from a bad script, IMHO. That, and it replaced something very unique.

Stitch is fine...in moderation. If he was only seen in TL, I would be fine with him. But he's EVERYWHERE. :lol:

Disneykidder

I might be in the minority here but I liked the pepto pink castle cake. I thought it was a unique idea to celebrate the 25th anniversary.

What I didn't like is that they kept it up so long. I saw it on multiple visits and wanted to see the castle back to its original splendor.

SirGoofy

I like Dinosaur better than Indiana Jones :D

How?

No seriously... How?

Anyway, mine are just the great leaps of logic in rides or just odd stuff.

Dinosaur:

So we know when the time of the dinosaurs ended, and we know there were iguanadons waaaay before that. So why the hell does the idiot send us back right before the end. (Yes I realize that the other wouldn't be an exciting ride, but I'm just thinking logically:lol:).

Imagination:

Ever notice how much older/younger Dr. Channing gets when you go from JII to HISTA?

bellhop13

Original Poster
Dinosaur:

So we know when the time of the dinosaurs ended, and we know there were iguanadons waaaay before that. So why the hell does the idiot send us back right before the end. (Yes I realize that the other wouldn't be an exciting ride, but I'm just thinking logically:lol:).

good point! :ROFLOL:

I think BTMR and EE have some of the best stories but are least known to most guests

EvilQueen-T

i think i'm a little older than most of you or just lived in orlando at a young enough age to have been going there since it was a just under a year old and we called mk "disney" cause that's all there was but i do remember mr. toads wild ride and it was a lot better than winnie the pooh... but if you have no clue who mr toad is then you might not like the ride. yes i was there during the pink castle... didn't like it either. i loved the original poc ride and miss them playing the song all the way through and miss the irate warning you as you go in but the ride was getting closer and closer to the chopping block list as even at the busiest times of year there was max a 5 minute wait time... until the movies hit and they added johnny to the ride. at least they didn't wipe it clean and start over so there is really more of the old ride than anything new anyway. epcot needs to update their christmas equip... was there early december 09 and it was sparse to begin with and areas worked sporadically.

EvilQueen-T

i think i'm a little older than most of you or just lived in orlando at a young enough age to have been going there since it was a just under a year old and we called mk "disney" cause that's all there was but i do remember mr. toads wild ride and it was a lot better than winnie the pooh... but if you have no clue who mr toad is then you might not like the ride. yes i was there during the pink castle... didn't like it either. i loved the original poc ride and miss them playing the song all the way through and miss the irate warning you as you go in but the ride was getting closer and closer to the chopping block list as even at the busiest times of year there was max a 5 minute wait time... until the movies hit and they added johnny to the ride. at least they didn't wipe it clean and start over so there is really more of the old ride than anything new anyway. epcot needs to update their christmas equip... was there early december 09 and it was sparse to begin with and areas worked sporadically.

_Scar

I'm going to agree with you on this one. IMO, this was atrocious and it stinks to go when you're a kid and see this instead of the 'real' castle like I did.

Isn't that TDO's exact logic about not refurbing because it ruins vacations and holiday overlays?

tsssk tsssk

I like TDO taking risks like with the caslte TP'd (which was pretty hilarious imo) and the beauty of the castle cake.

How?

No seriously... How?

Goofy, some people like Dinos a bit more interesting than Indy. I know I do, but ride-wise I'll reserve my judgement.

Dinos > Middle-aged archaeologist afraid of snakes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom