the Biggest Moments in Disney World

bellhop13

Original Poster
i loved the original poc ride and miss them playing the song all the way through and miss the irate warning you as you go in but the ride was getting closer and closer to the chopping block list as even at the busiest times of year there was max a 5 minute wait time... until the movies hit and they added johnny to the ride. at least they didn't wipe it clean and start over so there is really more of the old ride than anything new anyway.
you make a really good point, I never thought of it that way.

I remember hearing about when the pink castle showed up couples were canceling their weddings in front of the castle because they didn't want that thing in the background of their photos!

Victor

The abandonment of Discovery Island and River Country should be high on the list. I understand closing them down, but do something with them. At the very least tear down the remnants of River Country, it's just sitting there rotting.

bellhop13

Original Poster
The abandonment of Discovery Island and River Country should be high on the list. I understand closing them down, but do something with them. At the very least tear down the remnants of River Country, it's just sitting there rotting.
I think somebody here posted pics of the current state of river country and it's pretty disturbing. Nothing is as bad as the 20k subs though...

20kafter_update01_245_sized.jpg

20kafter_update01_243_sized.jpg

I would love one of these for my backyard!

SirGoofy

Goofy, some people like Dinos a bit more interesting than Indy. I know I do, but ride-wise I'll reserve my judgement.

Dinos > Middle-aged archaeologist afraid of snakes

Doesn't change the fact that Dino has a whole helluva lot less to see on it's ride than Indy, and TotFE has one of, if not the, best queues of al time.. Just like Everest, Dino's a lot of blank space. I could care less about what the rides about, just as long as it's quality.

puntagordabob

Prolly not one of the biggest moments but I preferred the 'ol Tiki Room show instead of the new one. :cool:

I agree...

I would type that at a font size of a million if I could figure out how! :) Seriously...they should definitely bring the Disneyland show to WDW....its been 12 years and under new management is just not as good. Add to the list that Walt Disney loved that show and had a habit of sneaking into the show (disneyland of course) and watch it with the guests who were usually amazed to suddenly see Walt sitting there with them after the show.

_Scar

Doesn't change the fact that Dino has a whole helluva lot less to see on it's ride than Indy, and TotFE has one of, if not the, best queues of al time.. Just like Everest, Dino's a lot of blank space. I could care less about what the rides about, just as long as it's quality.

That's your opinion though. Some people like Dinos a lot more than Indy- and what blank space do you speak of in Dinosaur?

Walt Disney1955

Personally I don't mind Johnny Depp in Pirates. He looks so realistic in it. He's only in it 2-3 times if memory serves me correct. It isn't as if they got rid of the other things.

I remember the pink nightmare of Cinderella's Castle. It was like that for long time in celebrating the 25th anniversary. From October 1996 to December 1997. I was there in March of 1997. Probably went a few months longer than it should have though.

By the way in the spirit of making fun of Stitch when we had pictures taken with many of the characters and the only one I did "bunny ears" behind was Stitch. The photographer told me not to do that and I complied. I don't know I just don't like that thing, it's ugly.

I think Mr. Toad turning into Winnie the Pooh was a little bit of a shock. But Pooh's alright, it's just a terribly boarded ride much like Peter Pan, it takes forever.

SirGoofy

That's your opinion though. Some people like Dinos a lot more than Indy-

And where in my post did I refute that? It's not an opinion that Indy's queue is better than Dino's(unless you really want to call switchbacks near a skeleton better than a fully themed temple), nor is it opinion that there's a lot more blank space in Dino.

and what blank space do you speak of in Dinosaur?

After Pterodactyl before charging carno, after charging carno before last carno. Almost all black space.

bellhop13

Original Poster
Turning the World of Motion into the World of General Motors. The very experience we have driving to Walt Disney World is the one GM was confident would make for an excellent thrill ride... :dazzle:

World of Motion had 188 animatronic figures and I think 24 different sets... WDI at its finest!

EPCOT Explorer

Turning the World of Motion into the World of General Motors. The very experience we have driving to Walt Disney World is the one GM was confident would make for an excellent thrill ride... :dazzle:

World of Motion had 188 animatronic figures and I think 24 different sets... WDI at its finest!

And there were 3 others just like it in the same park!

How many are there now?

One.

:(

hack2112

And where in my post did I refute that? It's not an opinion that Indy's queue is better than Dino's(unless you really want to call switchbacks near a skeleton better than a fully themed temple), nor is it opinion that there's a lot more blank space in Dino.
While these statements are true (and IJ's queue is honestly incredible) I still prefer CTX. Now whether this is because of nostalgia and love for DAK (most likely not) or because I feel that CTX offers more thrill, than IJ is completely my opinion. (I happen to think CTX is more adult than IJ and makes my heart race just that much more) However, Indy is still an absolutely amazing attraction and the "random" ride sequences add immensely to the reality of the situation.

sublimesting

i loved the original poc ride and miss them playing the song all the way through and miss the irate warning you as you go in but the ride was getting closer and closer to the chopping block list as even at the busiest times of year there was max a 5 minute wait time... until the movies hit and they added johnny to the ride. at least they didn't wipe it clean and start over so there is really more of the old ride than anything new anyway. epcot needs to update their christmas equip... was there early december 09 and it was sparse to begin with and areas worked sporadically.

They were really considering getting rid of POC?!?! The ride is a classic. The lines are still never longer than 5 minutes (which baffles me...actually HM is pretty short too). I just can't see that POC would have been on the chopping block.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
i loved the original poc ride and miss them playing the song all the way through and miss the irate warning you as you go in but the ride was getting closer and closer to the chopping block list as even at the busiest times of year there was max a 5 minute wait time... until the movies hit and they added johnny to the ride. at least they didn't wipe it clean and start over so there is really more of the old ride than anything new anyway.

Thats odd. I dont ever recall reading, seeing, or hearing about POTC being considered to be shuttered. What is your source on that?

_Scar

I found it, and I even bolded it. I haven't rode IJA, but the queue being better is still your opinion- and it isn't right or wrong and neither is whoever else's that disagrees with you.

After Pterodactyl before charging carno, after charging carno before last carno. Almost all black space.

Is that when they go "right, left, right..."? If so, I remember blankness too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom