the Biggest Moments in Disney World

Skip

mk_castle_cake.jpg

NUFF SAID...

Going off of the "genius" castle rethemes... who remembers the day Cinderella's Castle was gloriously TP'd by your friendly neighborhood Stitch to "celebrate" the opening of his "spectacular" attraction?

A true , indeed.

bellhop13

Original Poster
I am not impressed with ROE and only watched it on my last trip because of the Holiday tag.
I can see where your coming from. My girlfriend didn't care for it either. I enjoy it mostly because the music is fantastic!

disneyliv85

Was the Stitch castle like that for just one day? It's kinda funny but I'd be made if that was my only day at MK and I had to get pictures taken with TP all over the castle. Why is Stitch all over MK anyway? Was the movie really that popular?

In other news - I did not like Timekeeper. Is the laugh floor what replaced it? I personally enjoyed the laugh floor. My whole family did. To each his own I suppose. You can't please everyone!

jeffk410

Didn't know we weren't allowed to have any negative opinions, now I know.

Then why did you post?

Well if you stay on these threads a bit longer you will realize half of these peoples opinions are negative? So why keep making threads bashing Disney when we are here to talk about the magic of it.
So I hope you now know. :ROFLOL::wave:

bellhop13

Original Poster
Well if you stay on these threads a bit longer you will realize half of these peoples opinions are negative? So why keep making threads bashing Disney when we are here to talk about the magic of it.
So I hope you now know. :ROFLOL::wave:
I understand some people come on here just to start trouble but I don't think anyone in this thread is intentionally doing that. And everyone is entitled to their opinion... God Bless the USA!

kev24135

[/QUOTE]We don't have to like everything Disney throws at us. Are we not allowed to voice our objections?[/QUOTE]

yes you can but another example is we were used to the old TTA narration, but now we hate the new one because it takes away what we liked but if TTA had started off with its current narration noone would hate it and if it changed to the Mr. tom morrow narration we would all hate that one because we were used to the old one.
:shrug:

bellhop13

Original Poster
yes you can but another example is we were used to the old TTA narration, but now we hate the new one because it takes away what we liked but if TTA had started off with its current narration noone would hate it and if it changed to the Mr. tom morrow narration we would all hate that one because we were used to the old one.
:shrug:
That is a good point. To me there just doesn't seem to be a point to the new narration. Before, the TTA felt like a separate attraction with it's own unique storyline that fit in with the overall theme of Tomorrowland. Now we hear about what attraction we're passing by. Oh well.

I'd be ok if Disney released the old narration to buy, kind of what they did for the old peoplemover.

_Scar

I'm not here to bash Disney. I'm interested in what others think about some of the decisions Disney has made in the past. I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm new to the site. Here's what I think:

25. Johnny Depp of the Caribbean I disagree. I think it brought the ride into the 21st century
24. Closing Pleasure Island If there really were drunk people problems, I can see why they did this, otherwise I call BS. :/
23. Testing new queue system at Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster it was just testing? The first of its kind- they need to perfect it still
22. No Beastly Kingdom for Animal Kingdom This is my number 1 every year since 1998
21. Placing Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster on Sunset Blvd instead of Streets of America Really? Sunset Blvd can't have a recording studio? SoA is part of the backlot of Hollywood btw. RnRC wouldn't really work.
20. New 2009 narration for the TTA Out of all the WDW mess ups, this makes the list over no BK? It's just a spiel!!
19. Underestimating the ride capacity on Soarin’ Agree, but I think they had full intention of the capacity
18. Nemo and friends move into the Living Seas This is a great and welcomed addition IMO. Kids love Nemo- kids like Epcot- Epcot gains a demographic. win/win?
17. American Idol Never seen show, but I can't imagine this being a bad edition
16. Giving us Dinosaur instead of Indiana Jones Adventure DAK needed another opening E and Dinosaur was a perfect fit. DHS just got 2 e-tickets and MK just got Splash.
15. The Sorcerer Hat in front of Great Movie Ride This would be my number 2!
14. Removal of Jim Henson’s name from Muppet Vision :( I never even noticed they did this! How sad!
13. Wonders of Life pavilion rotting away Agree, we're on a row here! :)
12. Bringing Stitch into Tomorrowland, so long Alien Encounter It had to end sometime... I think AE had to leave to give MK the 100% family friendly status- although Stitch may not be the best, it's still better than the overly scary attraction in a family environment
11. The giant wand over Spaceship Earth Agreed
10. Removing Jeremy Irons from Spaceship Earth Indifferent, I like Judy Dench's voice but never experienced pre-Judy SSE- I'll still leave it green so if you're not reading this you'll think I agree with you
9. Current state of Tomorrowland Our TLand is awesome- or at least most of it! I don't get why this is on the list.
8. Giving Figment and Dreamfinder the boot for Eric Idle Agree.
7. Cinderella’s Castle turning into a giant birthday cake Aww, this seems cool, not bad! Once again, how is this worse than the wand or no BK or SGE?
6. Turning 20,000 Leagues into a parking lot One could say that if that never happened then this expansion would of never happened, but I'm gonna go half/half just to confuse everyone
5. Changing the name of EPCOT Center to Epcot Agree. EPCOT Center sounds more epic.
4. FastPass… it’s only nice when you have one Utilize FP, don't whine about it. ;p
3. Destruction of Horizons for a spinning Porta-Jon Meh.
2. Monorail collision in July so sad ):
1. Raising the price of a One Day ticket to $80 wasn't a big hike from where it already was

I'll add a few in no order-

1. DHS losing Hunchback Show that was very popular and leaving it empty
  2. Yeti that can't get straight A's. (but at least he's an honors student)
  3. Some random blue prints wound up here one day and a month later they become true and everyone flips. A truly awesome moment.

Philo

@Philo

There really is no logic for placing RNR on sunset blvd. A well designed park would evenly distribute their E-Ticket attractions throughout the park, not lump them on one side.

The ride doesn't fit in with the themeing at all. Hollywood 1933 and Aerosmith, hmmmm. The story is that it cost Disney $5million less to place it on Sunset, the original spot was Streets of America. Anything to save a buck I guess.

Ah, I see. From an E-Ticket perspective it is more than a little silly. To be honest, Aerosmith wouldn't really fit in anywhere but I kind of see what they were getting at with the music theme (although rock music isn't really the right place).

For what it's worth, I think the layout of DHS as a whole isn't great. There certainly is no real sense of a theme from one area to another. It's the one park where I think they can get away with just putting something in the easiest place and hoping for the best. Should Disney be doing this? No, it's the kind of thing I would expect from other parks but not Disney.

Fido

I'm going to agree with you on this one. IMO, this was atrocious and it stinks to go when you're a kid and see this instead of the 'real' castle like I did.

Yes, this was a horrible idea. They should never cover up this beautiful icon, no matter the occasion. We only go every few years, and the one time we went during this period the 'cake' was only halfway assembled, and the rest of your view was graced by a big ugly crane.

Can you imagine what it was like for the families that were there for their ONLY visit to WDW? The two worst ever trips for me were that and one other time when it was a torrential downpour for the entire week we were there. Oh not to mention I was in MGM the morning of the 9/11 hijackings.

We don't go in September anymore, suffice it to say. :mad:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@Philo

There really is no logic for placing RNR on sunset blvd. A well designed park would evenly distribute their E-Ticket attractions throughout the park, not lump them on one side.

The ride doesn't fit in with the themeing at all. Hollywood 1933 and Aerosmith, hmmmm. The story is that it cost Disney $5million less to place it on Sunset, the original spot was Streets of America. Anything to save a buck I guess.
The logic is G-Force records, not Aerosmith.

G-Force held their private parties in the Tip Top Club; indeed one was happening the night of October 31st 1939. Once people stopped coming to the HTH the record company lost the glitzy image and went downhill; from jazz to 60's rock n roll. It was only when the Tower reopened in 1994 did G-Force sign a new contract with a modern rock band and saw its fortunes reversed.

The backstory works perfectly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom