The Best Thing I Ever Ate....Disney

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
I love this show on Food Network! For those of you who have never seen it, they interview famous chefs/hosts about the best thing they ever ate. The theme is different for every show. For example it might be The Best thing I ever ate...."meat", or "comfort foods". You get the idea.
Anyways, I thought it would be fun to do The Best Thing I Ever Ate...Disney.
I know it will be difficult to choose just one, but think about the item you order time and time again.
For me it's the Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta @ California Grill.
WDWJuly2010290.jpg

Tomi-Rocket

me too!

I also love The Best Thing I Ever Ate! I think I've seen every episode. My favorites are the dessert ones. Yummy. Now I don't have a photo but

The best thing I ever ate at Disney was the Sticky Toffee Pudding at the Rose & Crown Pub at Epcot. A moist, spicy cake with a toffee and vanilla sauce. Omg, it was beyond amazing. I'm usually a chocoholic but on our trip last year I decided to try other things and I'm so glad I did because I was in heaven! :slurp:

DisGal

One of mine is the Spicy Kazan Roll at California Grill. My DH and I still talk about how good it was (had it almost a year ago) and can't wait to have it again in 3 weeks.

cornandacobb

I've yet to come across a Cobb salad as good as the one I had at the Brown Derby.
Whether that was the best item I've eaten at Disney is debatable however. I have to think about it.

HopLow

Pork medallions at Citrico's. I think they came with polenta. I don't even like pork all that much, but the rest of it sounded good, so I thought I'd go for it. Oh. My. It was glorious! :slurp:

MillerPoppins

I also love The Best Thing I Ever Ate! I think I've seen every episode. My favorites are the dessert ones. Yummy. Now I don't have a photo but

The best thing I ever ate at Disney was the Sticky Toffee Pudding at the Rose & Crown Pub at Epcot. A moist, spicy cake with a toffee and vanilla sauce. Omg, it was beyond amazing. I'm usually a chocoholic but on our trip last year I decided to try other things and I'm so glad I did because I was in heaven! :slurp:

I call that show my support group because it makes me feel better about myself. I'm happy to know there is other people out there who get that excited about food like I do.

Anywho, I have to concur on the Sticky Toffee Pudding. It is pretty darn amazing. While I am not a sweet tooth either, my complete and total Disney Food obsession is the huge cookies that are sold at Goofy's Candy Company. THEY ARE INCREDIBLE. They are also sold in little bags around property under Minnie's Bake Shop. I eat about 5 of them while I am down there and bring about 4 home each trip. It's ridiculous and pitiful. :lookaroun

PixyDust

Ohana's peanut sauce on ANYTHING, but more specifically on the dumplings and turkey. Do they even have the turkey anymore? My kids don't like Ohana's so we haven't been in a while.

NewfieFan

Ohana's peanut sauce on ANYTHING, but more specifically on the dumplings and turkey. Do they even have the turkey anymore? My kids don't like Ohana's so we haven't been in a while.

I think the turkey was changed to chicken... but I'm not sure about that!?!

And we've never tried the peanut sauce b/c of my son's allergy... we don't even bother getting it brought to the table!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Best Thing I ever ate was the Monte Cristo sandwiches they used to serve at the Columbia Harbour House.

As for current offerings...the chocolate mousse cake from the Kringla in Norway.

mpoppins217

I love this show and most everything on Food Network (I like to torture myself with the food I can't afford as a poor grad student :p).

Best thing I ever ate at Disney main dish/food wise is really hard to say. It would probably have to be a tie between the cheddar cheese soup from Le Cellier and the veggie sandwich from The Plaza.

Desert wise it is without a doubt the creme brulee from The Brown Derby. One of the best creme brulees I have ever eaten.

wolf359

The beef filet with tamarind barbecue sauce at the California Grill is an easy standout, though sadly no longer offered.

The cheese danish French toast at Cindarella's Royal Table is another memorable dish.

Sadly, when I think of most of the best meals or dishes I've had at Disney World, they usually fall into the "no longer available" category, like the strip steak with three ale sauces at Brown Derby, the queso appitizer at San Angel Inn, or even the older version of the chicken Caesar salad served at the various counter service restaurants.

While my most recent trip had some great meals, I didn't find nearly as many truly outstanding foods.

French Quarter

If I really think about it, I might change my mind but off the top of my head, the best thing I ever ate at WDW was the sushi at California Grill. I don't know if Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table counts or not but most of my choices would come from that meal.

EvilQueen-T

the sho yu cream sauce on the macadamia nut crusted chicken from wolfgang pucks (which...yeah...i know how to make thanks to these boards:slurp:) or the grilled swordfish with a blood orange margarita from flying fish.

JustInTime

Crystal palace: Bread Budding.
CRT: the lobster bisque. Had a Mickey drawn in ranch and it was amazing.
Yak and Yeti: Mango Pie
Adventureland: Dole Whip

All exclusive to Disney and all I crave constantly.

LisaG23

Thats a tough one........meal wise I absolutely LOVE the fried chicken at 50's Prime time....ITS SOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!! as for sweets it is a tie between a Dole whip float and the homemade ice cream cookie sandwich..both are super yummy...............cant wait to have them all Dec 10-16 during my daughters 4th bday/first trip!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

zurgandfriend

Overall it would be the meal at Victoria and Albert's

For individual items I would say

The cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier

The lamb loin chops at Shula's

the bread pudding at Ohana

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom