The Best Thing I Ever Ate....Disney

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
JustInTime; Adventureland: Dole Whip All exclusive to Disney and all I crave constantly.[/QUOTE said:
I've had the Dole Whip at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii and at the Dole stand at the Minnesota State Fair.

SeaCastle

Mickey's Premium Bar...oh wait we're talking about real food here? :lol:

This is a struggle...Via Napoli's and Mama Melrose's pizzas can't be beat (until you cross the Mason-Dixon line and into New Jersey). It's not anything fancy, but the deluxe cheeseburger at Pecos Bill's.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Breakfast: Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe (like I needed to state that)
Breakfast runner-up: Baked French Toast, Main St. Bakery (no longer makes it though)

Sweets: School Bread at kringla bakeri og cafe, Norway

Sushi/Sashimi: Tuna 3 ways at Cali Grill

Crunchy: Hot Candied almonds in MK

Obsession: Lefse, Kringla Bakeri og cafe, Norway

Indulgent: No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream (with extra peanut butter)

MSU Jafar

The best thing I ever ate at Disney has to be the Filet with the teriyaki bbq sauce at The California Grill!! Great thread Pineapple Princess!

TinkersBell

And do you live anywhere close to Long Island by any chance? (please say yes, please say yes) Do they make the floats too? That's MY favorite Disney food. :slurp:

I'm in NY, but WAY upstate. The ice cream shop is Lindy's in Norwich, NY. I don't think they make floats, but you could easily dump it in some pineapple juice!;)

Phonedave

Marcho Farms Veal Cheek and Golden Beet "lasagna" from Vistoria & Alberts.

One of those unexpected dishes that just hits you between the eyes. The just crisp texture of the beets coupled the with utter tenderness of the cheek meat along with the sugary sweetness of beets played against the delicacy of the veal. Just a wonderfull dish all around. It was not a veal dish and it was not a beet dish, it was a veal and beet dish.

However. Another thing that just suprised me last week was the coffee dessert at Artist's Pallette. Not that the deserts were anything earth shattering (good, but not pushing the envelope) but there was a serving of a coffee granita (which in and of itself was pedestrain) but under that was a mixture of coarse grained sugar mixed with coarsley ground coffee beans. THAT mixed with the granita was a whole new experience (at least for me)

And yes Blackthdot - pictures are soon to come :)

-dave

Marcho Farms Veal is on the Menu at Per Se tonight!

Who's going with me? :D

HERB ROASTED TENDERLOIN OF MARCHO FARMS ’ VEAL​
Chanterelle Mushrooms, "Pot Roast" Carrots​
and Parsley Shoots with Aged Madeira

-dave

jakeman

Marcho Farms Veal is on the Menu at Per Se tonight!

Who's going with me? :D

HERB ROASTED TENDERLOIN OF MARCHO FARMS ’ VEAL​
Chanterelle Mushrooms, "Pot Roast" Carrots​
and Parsley Shoots with Aged Madeira

-dave
I'm with you Dave. I didn't have the veal cheek the same way you did (I honestly can't remember how it was prepared), but it was outstanding.

It is really hard to think of something that is the "best of" at Disney because they encompass so many types of food.

Just a couple of random categories:

Breakfast: Steak and eggs with a pot of Kona coffee at Kona Cafe. Runner up is the breakfast buffet at Trail's End.

QS: Salmon and mashed potatos at Sunshine Season in the Land. A close second are the ribs at Flame Tree. They aren't quite the value they once were so they lost out.

Buffet: We were really impressed with Crystal Palace last time we went. However, Tusker's wins based on uniqueness.

TS: This was a really hard one. I think I'm going to have to go with Sanaa. It was just so unique and exceptional.

Signature dinning: Filet and mac and cheese at Jiko. You could cut it with a fork. In fact our waiter refused to bring a steak knife. She told us that if we needed a knife it was cooked wrong and would be replaced.

JillC LI

I'm in NY, but WAY upstate. The ice cream shop is Lindy's in Norwich, NY. I don't think they make floats, but you could easily dump it in some pineapple juice!;)

Bummer, that's a little far. But if I'm ever heading in that direction, you'd better believe, I'm making a detour! :)

fredtom

For me it's the Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta @ California Grill.
WDWJuly2010290.jpg

I would have to say... this is one of my long time favorites too.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
How does the Tonga Toast at Captian Cooke's compare? We've never tried Tonga Toast but were hoping to duck into Cooke's and try some rather than go for a full meal at Kona.

They are the same, however you do not get the strawberry compote at Capt Cooks. They will give you the strawberries that come with the Mickey Waffles if you ask for it. The Strawberry compote is far superior and def worth the trip to Kona Cafe.

French Quarter

They are the same, however you do not get the strawberry compote at Capt Cooks. They will give you the strawberries that come with the Mickey Waffles if you ask for it. The Strawberry compote is far superior and def worth the trip to Kona Cafe.

I will give the ones at Cooke's a try but I will note the difference. Thanks for letting me know.

Mansion Butler

Good topic. I reserve the right to change my vote later, but I'm going with the turkey sandwich in the Seasons, of all places. I've eaten at almost every counter service spot and a lot of the table services, but that sandwich has never been topped. I don't like it as much since they've changed the recipe, but it use to be amazing.

Succulent roasted turkey, smoked gouda, crisp fresh greens, perfectly seasoned foccaccia and delicious chipotle mayo. It was just about perfect.

The first competition that comes to mind is the lobster bisque at Le Chefs or the sushi at Tokyo Dining.

French Quarter

Oh, Mansion Butler! That sounds delightful. I'll have to remember the turkey sandwich as we visit Sunshine Seasons at least once every trip. May I also recommend the All-American from Earl of Sandwich in DTD? It is the best turkey sandwich that I have ever eaten. I'll have to try the one you recommend and compare.

Mansion Butler

Oh, Mansion Butler! That sounds delightful. I'll have to remember the turkey sandwich as we visit Sunshine Seasons at least once every trip. May I also recommend the All-American from Earl of Sandwich in DTD? It is the best turkey sandwich that I have ever eaten. I'll have to try the one you recommend and compare.
I've had the All-American, but The Original is so absolutely perfect I can't get myself to try anything else often. I'm a huge, huge, huge horseradish fan.

The Seasons sandwich has changed. I think it has like a green chili relish now that I just don't like that much.

French Quarter

I have the same problem at Earl of Sandwich. The first one I tried was the All-American and I haven't been able to convince myself to order anything else ever since, even though I would love to try some of the others. I have tried the ham and cheese one as that's what my DH always gets. I think you've convinced me to give the Original a try though because I love horseradish too!

Mansion Butler

I have the same problem at Earl of Sandwich. The first one I tried was the All-American and I haven't been able to convince myself to order anything else ever since, even though I would love to try some of the others. I have tried the ham and cheese one as that's what my DH always gets. I think you've convinced me to give the Original a try though because I love horseradish too!
Ask for extra!

They also have amazing cream of tomato soup, too.

ann0d

Chocolate Bell cake from the riverboat at DTD. I forget what the boat was called but this cake was to die for. I have been looking for the recipe and no one can find it. If you find it, I'll make it and give you half! LOL

Phonedave

I've had the All-American, but The Original is so absolutely perfect I can't get myself to try anything else often. I'm a huge, huge, huge horseradish fan.

The Seasons sandwich has changed. I think it has like a green chili relish now that I just don't like that much.

It's still chipolte mayo.

look in the food pic thread, I put a picture of one up just yesterday

Here it is - notice it is no longer a smoked gouda though.

Turkey and Monterey Jack on Focaccia with Chipotle Mayonnaise

232323232%7Ffp63269%3Enu%3D6898%3E%3A6%3B%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B7479288348nu0mrj

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom