The Best Animatronic in all of Disney...your call!

Pongo

I will concur with others and say that Stitch is the best animatronic as of yet.

He really does look like someone in a suit. Amazing stuff.

Brooke

I like the Stitch AA a lot.

The pirates in POTC are all great. I've always thought the guy who dangles his feet over you is very realistic.

I really don't like the Hall of Presidents but they have good AA's too!

And the Wicked Witch in The Great Movie Ride is pretty good.

Halfling418

stitchlvr said:
I have not seen Stitch or Lucky yet, but the one that impressed me the most (technically) is Hopper, from Its Tough to be a Bug.

Yesssss! I haven't been on in awhile, and when I saw the title for this thread I almost yelled out loud "Hopper!! HOPPER!!!" His motions are so fluid, I thought that surely it must be a real person...my mouth was hanging open...definately had the most impact on me...

A very close second would probably be the Wicked Witch of the West, and also the dinos on Dinosaur.

Tom

Beta Return
As for an AA that I was in awe of, I'd say the host/narrator of CoP (I forget his name, if he has one). When I was young, he seemed so realistic and it was hard to believe that he was a robot up there on stage. Back when AAs were still developing and very impressive.

As for current favorites, I think I'd have to go with Hopper, the Wicked Witch, and pretty much all of HoP and AA - classics, with classic Animatronic tricks.

OmegaKnight

The Stitch AA in SGE is absolutely amazing. It moves so fluidly and the way it interacts with the cannons is really cool. Too bad the rest of the show doesn't match up to the AA's quality.

dmmgp2000

Here's another one I just thought of. I've alwalys really enjoyed the Statler and Waldorf AA's in Muppetvision. They are always entertaining. As many times as I've seen that show, those two AAs have me laughing. Maybe not the best technology wise, but they are very well-done and believable.

Halfling418

dmmgp2000 said:
Here's another one I just thought of. I've alwalys really enjoyed the Statler and Waldorf AA's in Muppetvision. They are always entertaining. As many times as I've seen that show, those two AAs have me laughing. Maybe not the best technology wise, but they are very well-done and believable.

Good call.

Yay! Muppets make me smile.

DisneyFreak529

Well POTC is my favorite ride, the AA are great in there!! I think that the Great Movie rides ones are a bit better. Very nicely done and very realist.
I love the AA's in Splash Mt. very cute! It's hard to pick the best of the best, they are all so nicely done and so real. I even like it when the music stops and you can still here the noses of them moving!!

Snoballego

Wow..tough call...

Runner Up...

Sonny Eclipse (from the planet zork) and his angelic voice. He delivers his jokes with such command.

Really Random...Snoballego's Best Animatronic Award

The Penguin Orchestra in thr Muppets! I dare you to view the show again and just watch the constant movements and reactions of the penguins during everything. It is absolutely histerical. It is what makes Disney/Disney (extreme attention to detail) and the Muppets/Muppets (completely random). I love how they move and nod while watching the screen and of course the cannon!

dolbyman

Good though it is, Simba in FOLK is a puppet not an animatronic.

it is ? .. thought the body is much too tight for a person inside moving mouth head eyes and stuff .. hmm but somehow the movement were too fluid to be from servos .. ok .. greetings to the midget pupeteer :p

GoofyMagic

For some reason, Liver Lips (CBJ) has always been my favorite of the CBJ characters, however...

-I always found the little robot sidekick in Timekeeper very impressive (mind blank on the name)

-The AE Alien, for sure was wonderful, and how it disappeared and the lighting was PERFECT for that, until it changed........

meryll83

Well I'm yet to see it in person but from a video I've seen and friends reports the Captain Jack Sparrow / Johnny Depp AA is amazing, I can't wait to see him!
My friends said it look liked someone had kidnapped Johnny Depp and stapled him to the seat!
From the video I've seen his actions do look fantastic, the campy twirly hand movements and all!

~Tinkerbell~

Well I'm yet to see it in person but from a video I've seen and friends reports the Captain Jack Sparrow / Johnny Depp AA is amazing, I can't wait to see him!
My friends said it look liked someone had kidnapped Johnny Depp and stapled him to the seat!

Yep! The Jack Sparrow AA is very amazing! It is so realistic - the movements are exactly right and the face is perfect. It's definately my favourite AA. :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The animatronic that made the most impact on me when I first saw it was the Wicked Witch in the Great Movie Ride. I was right at the back of the last car and thought it was a live actor.
Same here. Even close up she looks fantastic. The first A-100 I believe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom