The Best Animatronic in all of Disney...your call!

PhilharMagician

For some reason, Liver Lips (CBJ) has always been my favorite of the CBJ characters, however...

-I always found the little robot sidekick in Timekeeper very impressive (mind blank on the name)

-The AE Alien, for sure was wonderful, and how it disappeared and the lighting was PERFECT for that, until it changed........

Timekeepers robot sidekick was "Nine Eye". One eye for each of the video screens in the 360 theater

DisneyMusician2

I think the presidents are easily the best. All of them exhibit the same motions and ticks the actual presidents used to, and there was nothing more spectacular when I was a kid than seeingan AA actually STAND UP out of his chair to give a speech, and not in a weird, contrived robot way. They actuaaly look real from farther back.

MeTa

Obviously the newer they are the more technologically advanced they are so I think Jack Sparrow takes the cake, although If I were to pick a personal favorite I would have to go with the COP cast.

DWGIRL

The AAs in American Adventure impressed me the most when I first saw them. I could not believe when they actually looked like they were smoking and really walking up stairs.

DolFan

This is just my opinion, I don't think that it is the best working animatronic. My favorite is the pirate in PoTC who is sitting on the bridge with his hairly leg hanging down. Even though it seems like everytime I go on the ride he has a different head, he is still my favorite. Can a favorite also be an animatronic who has only been in the park for a few months, like Jack Sparrow. That animatronic is so real looking!!!

Tramp

The animatronic that made the most impact on me when I first saw it was the Wicked Witch in the Great Movie Ride. I was right at the back of the last car and thought it was a live actor.

I agree wholeheartedly! I had to take a second look when I first saw the wicked witch in the GMR and I was in the car that stopped directly in front of her. She was a huge leap forward in realistic-animatronic technology.

I really like the American Adventure animatronics. Something has to be said for the fact that Franklin and Twain are actively on stage for extended periods of time and, therefore, are subjected to scrutiny far more than many other animatronics. I think most of us, at certain times during the presentation, have a tendency to forget we are watching and listening to a robot and that speaks volumes about the quality of the animatronic.

The SIR animatronic in the Stitch attraction seems to move even more fluently than all the others and, if I recall, has very human-like expressions. Technologically, this animatronic seems superior but has the advantage of not having to look human-like. In my opinion, the human-type animatronics have to meet a much higher threshold for us humans to be impressed.

If I had to rate them based on realism, I'd put them all within a few hundredths of a point of each other:
1.. Ben Franklin and Mark Twain, American Adventure
2.. Wicked Witch, Great Movie Ride
3.. Sir, Alien Encounter

I like the Johnny Depp animatronic in POC but he doesn't move nearly as much as the ones mentioned above.

CoffeeJedi

Humans: The Wicked Witch of the West, Jack Sparrow, the auctioneer in Disneyland's PotC, step walkin' Ben Franklin

Non Humans: the cave creature from "Journey to the Center of the Earth" at Tokyo Disneysea, the yeti, Lucky, the carnotaurus, Hopper

Robots: SIR, Timekeeper, Alec Tronic
Although they're impressive, Tramp is right, they can cheat a little because they're robots.

hokielutz

I'll definitely have to say my favorites are Jack Sparrow... even though he is a newcomer and the Wicked Witch of the west. Awesome fluid movements created with their 'compliance' technology.

I assume that most everyone here has seen the discovery channel specials about the creation of the Yetti AA?

MeTa

The AAs in American Adventure impressed me the most when I first saw them. I could not believe when they actually looked like they were smoking and really walking up stairs.

I forgot about those, I change my previous statment about the COP being my fav. now its the amrican adventure AAs

Dragonrider1227

I can think of a few
JACK SPARROW: (The one at the end of the ride) Even if you don't like the change, you've got to admit, Jack is one major upgrade to the animatronic technology. He's incredible
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: I was actuall kinda creeped out first time I saw him at WDW. He moves so fluidly and I just happen to like Buzz
LUCKY THE DINOSAUR: How can you NOT think this is the best animatronic? The darn thing walks around the park and interacts. Disney's frighteningly close to building an android here

Tim G

Best animatronic???

There can be only ONE...

DAK-29.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom