The Best Animatronic in all of Disney...your call!

CoffeeJedi

Best animatronic???

There can be only ONE...

DAK-29.JPG
of course!
The bird at the top of Everest! Such a marvel of Imagineering....
:hammer:

MeTa

While on the subject of AA's has anyone seen the Einstein AA head and that new japanese girl AA that was on the today show. They just keep getting more realistic, I wonder if Disney will ever use any of that in thier upcoming AA's?

Pippa

He might mot be the best but I love Yakoose at the AC, especially when his movements and audio get out of sync!!!!!

rileyspaw

Although it's probably NOT one of DISNEY's best examples, I always liked the dog in CAROUSEL of PROGRESS! Everything around him is changing but he always remains basically the same!! Somehow I like that concept!

Chape19714

I belive that those were Asmio's with "skin". The biggest concern for Disney is that even though it may be realistic, would it hold up to non-stop preforming, 365 days a year, 12+ hours a day. That is a HUGE factor is all aspects of Disney's Designing.

RobotWolf

The Wicked Witch (GMR)
The Auctioneer (POTC) (http://www.sarcos.com/ent_videos.html under "hydraulic humanoid robot")
S.I.R.
Abe Lincoln
Time Keeper
Andrew Jackson (HOP)
Clint Eastwood (GMR)
Centaur (WOM)
Viking blowing horn (Maelstrom)
Everyone in the "Two Brothers" scene (AA)

I love when new, high-tech animatronics come out. But it is worth saying that in many occasions, the simpler AAs (when properly staged and executed) can be just as effective in perpetuating a story or theme as their newer "cutting-edge" siblings.

Animatronics which I've come to love thru video and photos as opposed to personal experience:

The Yeti (EE)
The Magma Monster (JTTCOE)
The entire cast of Sinbad's Seven Voyages - Wow! Have you seen these??
The organ player in the Ballroom at Phantom Manor - Simple yet very effective in the "creepy" department. Easily the best among his counterparts in the other Mansions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom