The Beginnings of My WDW Room...

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Ok, update time. The shelves underneath in the middle are still not finished, but since the sides and top shelves are complete, I went ahead and loaded them up with WDW goodies.

I've built a desk, as well, and as soon as I take pics of it, I'll post 'em. Next step ater that is getting the monorail running around the room near the ceiling with the mono hotels, and such........

Attachments

• DSC01927.jpg
    DSC01927.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01932.jpg
    DSC01932.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 47

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Ok, I have a couple of the desk. I built a light table into it for animation and other purposes. I have the park maps underneath glass for display as the top of the table.

Attachments

• desk 2.jpg
    desk 2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 56
  • desk 1.jpg
    desk 1.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 33

Main Street USA

Original Poster
The park map desk is a wonderful idea, and I'm assuming that it fairly easy to put together, no?
Yeah, I built it out of lumber that you can get at any Home Depot type store. It took a a little planning with the light desk part, and having to "sink" the top down about a 1/4 inch to allow for the glass to sit in, but it wasn't too bad at all..

maelstrom

I love your new Disney room. This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I have to get my own place first, though! I need a place to display all of my Disney stuff because I have a whole lot and right now most of it is just tucked away somewhere. I would do the walls in either a solid colour or with It's A Small World stuff like Erika did for her daughter's room. I've been wanting to make a table with a collage under it, similar to what you did with the park maps, but much more of a regular collage with smaller pieces. What is going in the big space in the middle of the bookcases?

Main Street USA

Original Poster
I love your new Disney room. This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I have to get my own place first, though! I need a place to display all of my Disney stuff because I have a whole lot and right now most of it is just tucked away somewhere. I would do the walls in either a solid colour or with It's A Small World stuff like Erika did for her daughter's room. I've been wanting to make a table with a collage under it, similar to what you did with the park maps, but much more of a regular collage with smaller pieces. What is going in the big space in the middle of the bookcases?
Thanks! I'll be adding smaller shelves to the middle bottom area to handle a lot of my artwork, papers, etc.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Here's a small and slightly significant update. The shelving in the middle is finished now, and I've got the light in the Disney sign in the middle working.

The other pic is of the start to the monorail system. It's on the floor now, but will eventually be hanging from the ceiling. It will be lit throughout, and will replace that hideous harsh bright light that's currently on the ceiling.

02-20-07_2017.jpg

02-20-07_2018.jpg

02-20-07_2019.jpg

Kwit35

Here's a small and slightly significant update. The shelving in the middle is finished now, and I've got the light in the Disney sign in the middle working.

The other pic is of the start to the monorail system. It's on the floor now, but will eventually be hanging from the ceiling. It will be lit throughout, and will replace that hideous harsh bright light that's currently on the ceiling.

02-20-07_2017.jpg

02-20-07_2018.jpg

02-20-07_2019.jpg

Would you mind terribly moving into my house to become my man slave? I am sure my husband wouldn't mind. :lookaroun
Seriously, you are one talented fellow.
Keep the pictures coming.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Been a while since I've updated on the room, and I've made some significant changes. All of the colors that were on the wall......well.........i got rid of 'em. I decided to go for a more classy feel than the crazy fun feel. So here's the pics. I like the changes. Sorry for the quality of the pics. It's the best I could muster at this hour. I'm feeling quite lazy.

Attachments

• DSC01968.jpg
    DSC01968.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01962.jpg
    DSC01962.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC01966.jpg
    DSC01966.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01967.jpg
    DSC01967.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 47

wdwmomof3

This is so cool!! I love what you have done with this room. Ty Pennington move over, I now have a new remodel hero!:) You are very creative!

I really like the change that you made to the paint color too. I liked it before but I love it now. I like the classic look much better. You have done a great job!!

So, Main Street USA, how is the room coming? I would love to see more pics of it. Did you get the monorail up yet. I jsut got mine and would love to see your layout. I love the last pics you posted, and im sure it looks awesome now that you finished it, at least i hope you finished it.
Looking foward to seeing your pics of your room!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Sadly, I've somewhat scrapped the whole monorail idea. It would've worked, but the permanent damage to the ceiling from hanging it would've been pretty bad. I AM going to put one around the edge near the ceiling, though, using a much simpler process. I've hung new lighting in there, inspired by the string globe lights hanging over the courtyard in the Mexico Pavillion. They give off such a nice warm glow, and seem to fit in really well. I'll get a few pics of those if I can, and post them soon. :)

New2WDW

Very cool indeed! Would the Monorail work if you anchored it into the side of the walls as opposed to the ceiling? Or is the track not long enough...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom