The Beginnings of My WDW Room...

seabee1

[quoteFYI for anyone wanting to do something like this, an easy way is to use a LCD projector. I used a projector to do a train mural in my 4 yr old son's room. I projected the image on the wall and traced the image. You can make it any size you want with most projectors. Then I just painted in the drawing, almost like a paint by number. It turned out awesome.[/quote]

I am using a projector to make our "Epcot" room. It is what our kids call the "book room". It is kind of like a office/spare room. Each wall is going to have something from around the world showcase. Hopefully it comes out nice.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
That's amazing! Did you paint that or is it Stencils? Please post more pics when you get more work done!!!
Thanks!

I actually just took a pencil to the white wall, stood there, and started drawing. Just looked at an older WDW postcard that has the logos on it, and roughly copied them, just changing bits and pieces to fit each wall the best. Once I had them up there in pencil, I painted, painted, and painted some more.

Thanks!

I actually just took a pencil to the white wall, stood there, and started drawing. Just looked at an older WDW postcard that has the logos on it, and roughly copied them, just changing bits and pieces to fit each wall the best. Once I had them up there in pencil, I painted, painted, and painted some more.

Wow you must be quite the artist! I can't even draw a stick figure.:lol: Great job!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Thanks, Tramp!

I'll have a few more pics up tonight. Not really anything extra Disney in there, just an update on the built in shelves that will house all of the WDW collectibles. I made sure I made room for my old tray from the Sunshine Seasons Food fair before the Land was redone. Anyone else get one of these? I miss that food court down there.

New2WDW

Looks great! I can not really see the one image with the window, I assume it is the AK logo. I did my youngest girls room late last year but still have to finish her nameon the opposite wall. Keep up the good work, It may have just inspired me to finish my girls Princess room!:sohappy:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Quick little update on the progress since last night.... :)

Attachments

• 02-08-07_1943.jpg
    02-08-07_1943.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 6
  • 02-08-07_1944.jpg
    02-08-07_1944.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 8

DanStat

I only WISH I could come close to your level of creativity and artistry. I can hardly find matching shoes in the morning. Very nice job! :sohappy:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
You all are too nice! Here's a couple more, updated from tonight...all that's left is sanding and staining for the shelves, then they get stocked with WDW memories! I also installed some lights under each shelf to add a little something extra..........

Attachments

• 02-09-07_1916.jpg
    02-09-07_1916.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 02-09-07_1917.jpg
    02-09-07_1917.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 14

Kwit35

OMG, that is toooooo cool! What an artist. And carpenter. The lighting under the shelves looks very sharp. I would have never thought to angle the logos like that. Very cool. My step daughter is moving out soon and that room is becoming a guest room. Hmmm?!?! Me thinks it is time to break out the brushes. :)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Thanks again for all of the nice comments, everyone! I took yesterday off, but got back at it today. I finished sanding, and then started staining. It's a mess, with a lot of clean-up work, but it should come out ok in the end. Here's two more pics of the first color of stain. The shelves will be a lighter stain than these middle pieces.

EDIT: I guess the right one came out a bit blurry. Sorry 'bout that.

Attachments

• 02-11-07_1539.jpg
    02-11-07_1539.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 10
  • 02-11-07_1540.jpg
    02-11-07_1540.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom