The Beginnings of My WDW Room...

Peaches Magee

WOW! I love the cutouts of each park's symbol on the walls!!
Oh you have inspired me, my friend!

Once I can get myself a studio... I am doing this.
Forgive me, in advance, for ganking your idea.
:lol:

Love it! I love how it is lit in the Mexico pavillion, such a subdued and romantic feel.
Post new pics of the lights when you can.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
WOW! I love the cutouts of each park's symbol on the walls!!
Oh you have inspired me, my friend!

Once I can get myself a studio... I am doing this.
Forgive me, in advance, for ganking your idea.
:lol:

Love it! I love how it is lit in the Mexico pavillion, such a subdued and romantic feel.
Post new pics of the lights when you can.

Thanks! No worries on "ganking" my ideas. I'd be willing to bet that once you start your own room your own ideas will come flooding out...but of course, you're still free to steal mine.

Very cool indeed! Would the Monorail work if you anchored it into the side of the walls as opposed to the ceiling? Or is the track not long enough...

Yeah, that's what I'm planning on doing. It won't do near as much damage to the walls, and it's a lot easier to fix if I have to move some day.

Peaches Magee

Thanks! No worries on "ganking" my ideas. I'd be willing to bet that once you start your own room your own ideas will come flooding out...but of course, you're still free to steal mine.

So true!

I used to have something like that in my old house in our guest room,
but it was all Superheroes.
One whole wall of life-sized characters I painted...
Ah man, I miss that.

Can't wait to move and have a spare room once again...
Someday... :rolleyes:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Ok, here ya go. Who needs sleep? My desk is a freakin' mess...I've been working tonight, and the on the camera exposure is hard to get decent without altering the photos. It's a sony pocket camera. Nice, but not the best for showing accurate lighting at night. The actual light in the room is more subdued, but anyway:

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

Peaches Magee

Gah...

Ok, I am officially envious!!
The lights are perfect. I have always wanted to drape some lights indoors, mostly because of Mexico... and Olive Garden...haha!

Some people think I am nuts,
but they look so nice and give a great feel, right?
I love it! What a great room!!

:sohappy:

Oh and I hear ya... my nocturnal state is ridiculous.
Glad someone else is up in the Disney realm :)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Gah...

Ok, I am officially envious!!
The lights are perfect. I have always wanted to drape some lights indoors, mostly because of Mexico... and Olive Garden...haha!

Some people think I am nuts,
but they look so nice and give a great feel, right?
I love it! What a great room!!

:sohappy:

Oh and I hear ya... my nocturnal state is ridiculous.
Glad someone else is up in the Disney realm :)
The globe string lights really can look good indoors. These particular ones are made of glass and easy to break, though...hence the one bulb that is out, and another that shattered while I was hanging them. Christmas lights look cheap, but give off pretty much the same glow.

Yeah, I'm pretty much an idiot for being up right now. I got off work around midnight, and have to be back at about...oh..6:30 am, which is about 4 hours from now. Bad. I seem to do it all the time, though.

Peaches Magee

The globe string lights really can look good indoors. These particular ones are made of glass and easy to break, though...hence the one bulb that is out, and another that shattered while I was hanging them. Christmas lights look cheap, but give off pretty much the same glow.

Yeah, I'm pretty much an idiot for being up right now. I got off work around midnight, and have to be back at about...oh..6:30 am, which is about 4 hours from now. Bad. I seem to do it all the time, though.

Did you actually paint the cutout design onto the wall or is it stuck on there somehow?
Yeah those globe ones are delicate... we used purple and orange ones at halloween on our patio before and broke a few easily, but they do look loads better than cheapo Christmas ones.

Eh, tell me about it... I have to be up at like 7:30am,
and I am an hour ahead of you I believe. Niiiiice, right?! hehe
Can't help it. either... :shrug:

mpaul32001

WHOW! I'm sorry to revive this thread, but HOW did you do that wallpaper?

If you don't mind I think i'll use your room as a model for mine! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom