The 10/27/2009 Diningpocalypse

jakeman

Yet another example of poor management/planning. Dining at WDW is more of a chore than a delight, in all honesty.
You really do have to work at it, but you can find some exceptional restaurants that are never busy, that are off the beaten path. Kona, Captain's Grille, Sanaa to name a few.

EpcotServo

Master Yoda: Great thread name, but I think it could be more effective:

ADRMAGEDDON !
Countdown to the fire roasted Diningpocalypse of 2009!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Master Yoda: Great thread name, but I think it could be more effective:

ADRMAGEDDON !
Countdown to the fire roasted Diningpocalypse of 2009!

Ehh not my style. I am not much for sensationalism. I am more of a fact based kind of guy. This might be an attempt at a "rip the band aid off quick" kind of philosophy that they are trying with this. A philosophy I would like to see brought to other areas of WDW (ie E:E) I guess we shall know how it worked by this time tomorrow.

lpet11984

I too will be among the masses making dining reservations tomorrow...I'll be making them as early as I possibly can. Our Feb trip is an all girls/bachelorette trip and I've been patiently waiting to make sure I can get in a ressie for O'hana on Valentine's Day to take all the girls out for a great dinner...

I somehow have visions of a mad rush of people stampeding in a similar fashion as to what I imagine Best Buy must look like on Black Friday...hopefully there are no casualties from the Disney diningpocalypse '09!

wendysue

I am totally a disney fanatic, but geez, stop being so obsessed with FOOD. Just go and have a great time and if you can work in a meal or two, thats great. Otherwise, save hundreds of dollars by not paying the ridiculously high prices of the restaurants. (Sorry, I'm just a more "spur of the moment" kinda girl.)

Lisalyn

popcorn.gif

lmao!!! :roflol:

sweetpee_1993

This incredible hurdle in the planning process is one of the varied reasons we all decided to suck it up and change our vacation back to January. If the truant officers haul us off to jail, so be it. :lol:

That said, I'll be with the masses hitting the system 1st thing in the a.m. trying to grab ADR's for friends of the family. Their daughter (who used to babysit my kiddos) will be honeymooning at AKL the 2nd week of March. How can I not do this for her? Here's a girl who's final make-it-or-break-it test for her now fiance was seeing if he "got it" at WDW last spring. If he didn't love it the way she did she said he woulda been history. :lol:

Anywhoo, I fully expect the system to crash in a major way. I think the transition is causing some major panic. It should be interesting to see how this plays out... :cool:

SirGoofy

You really do have to work at it, but you can find some exceptional restaurants that are never busy, that are off the beaten path. Kona, Captain's Grille, Sanaa to name a few.

I agree, but the fact is if you have a restaurant that you've loved for years, as my family does, it's almost impossible to get ressies at such places now.

scpergj

We just got back last night from a long weekend, and interestingly while the crowds were pretty big (Saturday night at MK was about as crowded as I've ever seen), there were still seatings available for two places at MK (I can't remember which they were...just that there were two :brick::brick:). We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, and noticed that Whispering Canyon was more than half empty Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings.

Cosmo

I'm confused....someone please 'splain to me...

what's the big deal? So the reservations are going out to 180 days...so? what are they now? it still just means that eventually one day of reservations will become open at a time, right?

I'm not trying to be a smart-"donkey" but i don't get it?

Besides, 180 days is a long time...i have no idea what i'll want for dinner in April! :)

techiegsy

Is it just me that LIKED 90 day ADRs (if you can in fact like ADRs) because it gave you more planning time, 180 days is a bit excessive?

hpyhnt 1000

what's the big deal? So the reservations are going out to 180 days...so? what are they now? it still just means that eventually one day of reservations will become open at a time, right?

Besides, 180 days is a long time...i have no idea what i'll want for dinner in April! :)

Thank the proliferation of the Disney Dining Plan for the chaos that now ensues. There are just so many people going for a limited number of seats that calling early is the only way one can attempt to ensure they eat where and when they want to.

sweetpee_1993

Eventually, yes. But tomorrow when the transition from 90 days to 180 days happens all at once the system is going from 1 new day to book to 90 new days to book. Not everyone that calls will be calling for the same day so that's a good thing. But for those who have special must-do's it will be incredibly stressful. :animwink:

lumpydj

Yup - the website is hosed! I was all logged in, ready to go. Now, when I try to retrieve my reservation, it brings me to the top of the webpage. Then, I try to put in a date, and the calendar won't open. When I try to type in the date and check availability, it asks me if I want to save or open some file. :fork: UGH!!!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Sorry, our system is currently experiencing high volume and we were unable to process your request. Please try again. If you receive this response several times, please try returning at a later time.

Oh Disney, how I love thee. :hammer::hammer::brick::brick:

DisneyMusician2

I had a Le Cellier ressie all entered in my cart, and it cleared after I got the high volume error ON THE LAST STEP. NOT HAPPY.

Way to go Disney! You overestimated your system capacity AGAIN, and have created a stupid situation for your paying customers!

EXCELLENT!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom