The 10/27/2009 Diningpocalypse

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
October 27th 2009 looks to be the day of the Walt Disney World Diningpocalypse.

For those of you that do not know dining reservations at Walt Disney World will revert back to 180 days tomorrow. Instead of doing some type of staggered approach to this change Disney has decided to do this all at once. What this means is that instead of the usual 10 days worth of reservations coming online per day we will have 100 days opening up all at once. We all know how difficult it can be to get through on the phones and how frequently the online dining system crashes on the first day of ADR availability on a regular day. We can only guess what will happen to the dining system when it receives up to 10 times the traffic of a normal day.

This thread will serve two purposes....

First it is for those of us that will have to endure this day to have a place to vent their frustrations.

Secondly it will be for those of us who do not have to deal with this day to either offer support for the ADR downtrodden or just sit back and watch part of the Disney empire get sucked into a virtual black hole.

Enjoy!

WDWFigment

popcorn.gif

DisneyMusician2

I know I'll be one of the many on the phone and on the web tomorrow, and I am dreading every second approaching it.

I'm not even sure if the web site or the phones are a better approach for tomorrow. Perhaps a combination? At the very least, I'm sure I'll be venting my frustrations on this site like many others.

You would have thought a gradual extension would have been a better approach than a sudden increase of twice the previous period.

One would hope that Disney had planned and was ready for this turn of events, but somehow I think that they will be "surprised" by the volume as President's Week, Easter Week, and other high-attendance days suddenly become open all at once.

lumpydj

I'll be online in the morning -but if I can't get anywhere at 6am, I have to rely on DH to call at 7am :eek:. I have a seminar I have to go to and I need to leave the house around 7am and I don't get very good cell phone reception in my area - so I can't do it on a cell phone. I emailed instructions and a spreadsheet to DH (very detailed - what time to start calling, phone number, ressie number, what to say through the prompts so he doesn't have to wait for the question, and the order of ADRs to make, etc.). His response to me was "What?". Lord help me!!! :hammer: At least now he'll be able to appreciate what I go through to plan our trips...:rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow that needs to call! :wave:

NewfieFan

I love the thread title! I too have to make ADRs tomorrow... but I'm not stressing out too much. The next trip is going to be somewhat of a different one. We do not have the DDP... so whatever ADRs I get, I get! I'll eat CS for the rest of the trip!

hpyhnt 1000

I'll be online in the morning -but if I can't get anywhere at 6am, I have to rely on DH to call at 7am :eek:. I have a seminar I have to go to and I need to leave the house around 7am and I don't get very good cell phone reception in my area - so I can't do it on a cell phone. I emailed instructions and a spreadsheet to DH (very detailed - what time to start calling, phone number, ressie number, what to say through the prompts so he doesn't have to wait for the question, and the order of ADRs to make, etc.). His response to me was "What?". Lord help me!!! :hammer: At least now he'll be able to appreciate what I go through to plan our trips...:rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow that needs to call! :wave:

Oh, my! Should be an interesting morning tomorrow. :ROFLOL:

djpoore94

We'll be attempting to make some ADRs online as well, but if we can't get them done we won't be heartbroken, we'll just wait and take what we can get in a few days!

DisneyPrincess5

Good luck to everyone booking ADRs tomorrow :wave:(Including my mother, who is booking for her February trip and almost having an anxiety attack over the situation)

captain marvel1

alright alright fine. im heading down there soon on nov 8 when you want the reservations post it here and ill try and let them know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom