That time of year: pop warner football

Fairybuzz

You admitted to doing it, admitted to be oblivious to your action's impact on others, and justified it as such.

While you may have acquiesced to a complaint - the very notion you were obviously to the consequence of your actions to start with kind of paints the picture of the core problem.

grr stop arguing me when I agree with you >:p it makes it really hard lol.

The chaperones never sat down with us before the trip and said anything about behavior, other than don't get lost/separated, and be back by whatever time it was.

But I am just really sick of the whole cheerleader=bimbo image the world has as if any girl who ever wants to be a cheerleader suddenly becomes a moron the moment she puts on her skirt.

WDWVolFan

What's the point of chanting really loud while in line?
Bragging rights to see who is the loudest? Or to claim the territory aka attraction?

Fairybuzz

What's the point of chanting really loud while in line?
Bragging rights to see who is the loudest? Or to claim the territory aka attraction?

With the one chant we did while on line it was because we made up a cheer while we were eating about zip a dee and the banjo music on line just reminded us of it and we just started and it just kinda happened. the other two times were us really just mocking the first time we did it. And the time at the entrance of the park was induced by our coach and no one wants to be left out of that.

*RAWR* AND SPLASH MOUNTAIN IS MINE *HISSSS*

WDWVolFan

With the one chant we did while on line it was because we made up a cheer while we were eating about zip a dee and the banjo music on line just reminded us of it and we just started and it just kinda happened. the other two times were us really just mocking the first time we did it. And the time at the entrance of the park was induced by our coach and no one wants to be left out of that.

*RAWR* AND SPLASH MOUNTAIN IS MINE *HISSSS*

LOL I can't imagine if this happened in July with the Brazilians...LOL

Tom 55

I was there last year during football and cheer week. I was at the bus stop at Down Town Disney when a cheer group came to the bus stop. The bus for their hotel had just pulled away and was making it way out of the loading area. You know how buses have to go around to get out. The woman leader walks out onto the road way in front of incoming buses to get over to were the out going bus was and tried to flag it down to stop out there so her group could get on. The bus driver would not stop and was motioning her to get back on the sidewalk. Were did she think she was New York city. I am sure if the driver stopped to pick them up out there he would have lost his job.

Fairybuzz

I was there last year during football and cheer week. I was at the bus stop at Down Town Disney when a cheer group came to the bus stop. The bus for their hotel had just pulled away and was making it way out of the loading area. You know how buses have to go around to get out. The woman leader walks out onto the road way in front of incoming buses to get over to were the out going bus was and tried to flag it down to stop out there so her group could get on. The bus driver would not stop and was motioning her to get back on the sidewalk. Were did she think she was New York city. I am sure if the driver stopped to pick them up out there he would have lost his job.
Well thats stupid. how very "adult" of her

Like I said bad chaperones

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think the point is, large groups from any country or organization are annoying when they intrude on everyones enjoyment. Nobody wants to hear an organized sing song while attempting to enjoy an attraction. There is a time and place for everything, and it would seem to be common sense when that is.

Soarin' Over Pgh

You've never seen a cheerleader get angry! :D Its not a pretty site. You may have the strength but I don't think you have the endurance!

http://turntherightcorner.files.wor...niversity-trailer-screenshot-pnk-sorority.jpg

Angry cheerleaders would be exactly what happens if a mom or dad asks them to please stop, when they're in a group. Followed by mocking of said family and more annoyances that aren't worth detailing.

Stop me where I'm wrong.

When was the last time you told a group of teens to stop doing some thing (swearing in front of your kids, mouthing off to cashier, on the damn phone in line at the gas station, etc) and they politely turned and said "oh I'm sorry sir/ma'am, I meant no offense" ?

This is why this behavior is allowed to begin with. There's no reasoning with teens and they're not your children. Fact is, they've been set free in the park with no one to tell them "no".

Fairybuzz

Angry cheerleaders would be exactly what happens if a mom or dad asks them to please stop, when they're in a group. Followed by mocking of said family and more annoyances that aren't worth detailing.

Stop me where I'm wrong.

When was the last time you told a group of teens to stop doing some thing (swearing in front of your kids, mouthing off to cashier, on the damn phone in line at the gas station, etc) and they politely turned and said "oh I'm sorry sir/ma'am, I meant no offense" ?

This is why this behavior is allowed to begin with. There's no reasoning with teens and they're not your children. Fact is, they've been set free in the park with no one to tell them "no".

I can't speak for everyone. I know I would stop. I can sleep at night. But I will say that if the biggest problem in your life is hearing cheerleaders chant.....I think you have it made, and I wish your life stays that way, may nothing worse ever happen

Fairybuzz

I think the point is, large groups from any country or organization are annoying when they intrude on everyones enjoyment. Nobody wants to hear an organized sing song while attempting to enjoy an attraction. There is a time and place for everything, and it would seem to be common sense when that is.
I liked your post because I was going to say its a lot of groups not just us. Every time I've ever seen a large group they've always done stuff like that. A group of punk rock looking guys (idk why they were there) burst into YMCA on line for the Great Bear at Hershey. A group of orthadox jews sang the ghostbusters theme song at the fireworks grandstand (that I ranted about being abandoned in my other favorite thread lol!) at great adventure, a group of teens started a fight at great adventure. that was far worse. Yes I agree its annoying, but its not the end of the world. Just go a different time.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I liked your post because I was going to say its a lot of groups not just us. Every time I've ever seen a large group they've always done stuff like that. A group of punk rock looking guys (idk why they were there) burst into YMCA on line for the Great Bear at Hershey. A group of orthadox jews sang the ghostbusters theme song at the fireworks grandstand (that I ranted about being abandoned in my other favorite thread lol!) at great adventure, a group of teens started a fight at great adventure. that was far worse. Yes I agree its annoying, but its not the end of the world. Just go a different time.

No. The world does not get to conform to you. Youre a kid - I get it, you're like 15 or something - you just haven't learned how the real world works.

Cousin Huet

Man, first world problems.......hilarious. Too many people in this country need to experience what real problems are like and then attempt to do anything but smile while waiting in line at Splash Mt......even if some Cheerleading, Brazilian Rabbi is chanting in your ear.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I'm 25 and your comments are not constructive their just trying to make me angry

*They're not their.

However to the point at hand, your comments are reinforcing the stereotypes of cheerleaders and reinforcing exactly why people don't like them.

People who spend thousands of dollars on a vacation cannot change their plans because you and your friends do not know what socially acceptable theme park behavior is.

Fairybuzz

Man, first world problems.......hilarious. Too many people in this country need to experience what real problems are like and then attempt to do anything but smile while waiting in line at Splash Mt......even if some Cheerleading, Brazilian Rabbi is chanting in your ear.

Well said. That's what I'm trying to say really. Its an inconvenience, not a catastrophe. like when I walk in nyc and some tourist stops in front of me to take a picture of a light post that has no significance. you put it in your list of pet peeves and you move on. People dying in the sudan would loooooove to switch places with the guy annoyed on splash mt.

When I posted my first comment on this thread I had no idea people would be so vicious and gang up on me. I was really just trying to get a smile or a laugh out of someone and maybe meet a fellow cheerleader to talk about fun times with and share cheerleading inside jokes.

I harbor no hatred of anyone here, btw.

*They're not their.

However to the point at hand, your comments are reinforcing the stereotypes of cheerleaders and reinforcing exactly why people don't like them.

People who spend thousands of dollars on a vacation cannot change their plans because you and your friends do not know what socially acceptable theme park behavior is.

I'm really not reinforcing stereotypes. I'm only saying when you're a kid sometimes you get a little out of hand, haven't you ever been a child before.

once again apologies for any spelling errors I have a really big problem keeping track of things like that especially when I'm typing fast. That shouldn't effect anyone's views of someone though, unless they're really really nit picky.

I don't know if you have a personal vendetta against cheerleaders, but I can tell you we're not all bimbos and *insert sexist term here* and TV depicts us in a way that makes it clear they're out of touch with real people. Are there cheerleaders who are like that? You bet there are but I don't think I am. The fact that I feel bad about annoying people seems to have escaped everyone too, and unless you can give me a time machine there's really not much I can do at this time except ceremoniously apologize to the people who probably aren't here at the moment who may or may not have been bugged by our one cheer.

I'm not saying now that we were right, we didn't realize what we were doing, when your a kid you live in a bubble. I'm just saying that on the grand scheme of things that people can have a problem with, this is nowhere near the top 1000 worst. Not even by a longshot. I apologize if you were there that day I did it and were annoyed (idk where you were/how old you were in 2002 or 3 or whenever it was)

I really don't want to hold a grudge with you, especially because you have pretty decent taste in music judging by your avatar. So lets agree to disagree and leave it at that shall we?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't know if you have a personal vendetta against cheerleaders, but I can tell you we're not all bimbos and *insert sexist term here* and TV depicts us in a way that makes it clear they're out of touch with real people

If you go back and read this thread - you will find you are the only one mentioning that.. over and over and over.

Know what people don't like about the cheer squads? The chanting/etc... no one has mentioned anything about dumb/bimbos/etc. You're trying to debunk something you want to think is out there.. instead of focusing on what people are actually commenting on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom