That time of year: pop warner football

luv

If you go back and read this thread - you will find you are the only one mentioning that.. over and over and over.

Know what people don't like about the cheer squads? The chanting/etc... no one has mentioned anything about dumb/bimbos/etc. You're trying to debunk something you want to think is out there.. instead of focusing on what people are actually commenting on.
Amen.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Man, first world problems.......hilarious. Too many people in this country need to experience what real problems are like and then attempt to do anything but smile while waiting in line at Splash Mt......even if some Cheerleading, Brazilian Rabbi is chanting in your ear.

Bluck.

Just being able to express that thought of yours with a First World tech device, on a First World website, about a First World Vacation destination, demonstrates how hypocritical that post is and how much you enjoy the First Worlds right of free speech to post such useless content. Maybe you should take your advice, go live in a 3rd world country permanently or a country that sensor comments like that. Far more hilarious in my imagination.

Fairybuzz

I didn't know Dave's avatar was a music thing. I thought it was art. Too bad he can't take pretty pictures like me and put a pic in his avatar. Dave, if you ever want to take a pic, I can lend you my phone! :D

Yeah Rancid is a light punk rock and ska-blend band featuring the great Tim Armstrong on vocals.

They were big around the time of one of my favorite bands Bad religion.

If you go back and read this thread - you will find you are the only one mentioning that.. over and over and over.

Know what people don't like about the cheer squads? The chanting/etc... no one has mentioned anything about dumb/bimbos/etc. You're trying to debunk something you want to think is out there.. instead of focusing on what people are actually commenting on.

I'm sorry about that I have a bad habit of anticipating sexism. I've faced it so many times in my life I just kind of brace for impact. Its a bad habit I know.

Fairybuzz

Bluck.

Just being able to express that thought of yours with a First World tech device, on a First World website, about a First World Vacation destination, demonstrates how hypocritical that post is and how much you enjoy the First Worlds right of free speech to post such useless content. Maybe you should take your advice, go live in a 3rd world country permanently or a country that sensor comments like that. Far more hilarious in my imagination.

I don't think he's saying that he hates the first world. He's just more implying (I think) that its such a little insignificant thing to complain about.
I'd call it something else... but you'd do yourself a huge favor if you'd go back and actually read the comments objectively instead of projecting what you want to disprove.
what would you call it?

I am reading the comments correct me if I'm wrong but they're along the lines of
1. Its rude to chant at parks
My response: I didn't think about it before but now that you mention it I can see your point.

2. My grammar/spelling is bad
My response: I get the picture already. I'll try to do better but no guarantees.

3. That there aren't enough good chaperones
My response: I agree fully no argument needed.

Verdict: I was 14 when It happened. So ok, its annoying for other people, not me personally but I do respect everyone around me and concede that I was wrong in doing it. Perhaps we could have saved it for during the competition, but its done and over and it was almost 10 years ago. I won't actively try to stop others from doing it because It doesn't bother me, but if you want to then go ahead no one's stopping you. So what's happening is I'm agreeing with you but adding that it shouldn't color your image of cheerleaders in general. That's really my point. I never expected this to be such a sensitive hot button issue, or I'd have never posted in the first place.

I'll add: Are there people who would react badly to being shushed? Certainly. Is it still worth a try? you bet! I would have stopped and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would have probably felt only bad for disturbing someone else but it really takes a lot to get me angry. Even now I'm not at all angry, emotion is lost over the internet as I've stated, but I would be speaking in a rational civil tone right now.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Well said. That's what I'm trying to say really. Its an inconvenience, not a catastrophe. like when I walk in nyc and some tourist stops in front of me to take a picture of a light post that has no significance. you put it in your list of pet peeves and you move on. People dying in the sudan would loooooove to switch places with the guy annoyed on splash mt.

When I posted my first comment on this thread I had no idea people would be so vicious and gang up on me. I was really just trying to get a smile or a laugh out of someone and maybe meet a fellow cheerleader to talk about fun times with and share cheerleading inside jokes.

I harbor no hatred of anyone here, btw.

I'm really not reinforcing stereotypes. I'm only saying when you're a kid sometimes you get a little out of hand, haven't you ever been a child before.

once again apologies for any spelling errors I have a really big problem keeping track of things like that especially when I'm typing fast. That shouldn't effect anyone's views of someone though, unless they're really really nit picky.

I don't know if you have a personal vendetta against cheerleaders, but I can tell you we're not all bimbos and *insert sexist term here* and TV depicts us in a way that makes it clear they're out of touch with real people. Are there cheerleaders who are like that? You bet there are but I don't think I am. The fact that I feel bad about annoying people seems to have escaped everyone too, and unless you can give me a time machine there's really not much I can do at this time except ceremoniously apologize to the people who probably aren't here at the moment who may or may not have been bugged by our one cheer.

I'm not saying now that we were right, we didn't realize what we were doing, when your a kid you live in a bubble. I'm just saying that on the grand scheme of things that people can have a problem with, this is nowhere near the top 1000 worst. Not even by a longshot. I apologize if you were there that day I did it and were annoyed (idk where you were/how old you were in 2002 or 3 or whenever it was)

I really don't want to hold a grudge with you, especially because you have pretty decent taste in music judging by your avatar. So lets agree to disagree and leave it at that shall we?

We'll leave it there then.

Gabe1

The chaperones never sat down with us before the trip and said anything about behavior, other than don't get lost/separated, and be back by whatever time it was.

So you are saying your parents never taught you behavior or about manners, a time and a place for everything and it was the chaperons responsibility to instill those values in you, not your parents?

You've never seen a cheerleader get angry! :D Its not a pretty site. You may have the strength but I don't think you have the endurance!

http://turntherightcorner.files.wor...niversity-trailer-screenshot-pnk-sorority.jpg

Lovely. Interesting portrait you chose to demonstrate what cheerleaders are really like. Eye opening.

But I am just really sick of the whole cheerleader=bimbo image the world has as if any girl who ever wants to be a cheerleader suddenly becomes a moron the moment she puts on her skirt.

. Yes I agree its annoying, but its not the end of the world. Just go a different time.

Really? You as a cheerleader believe others should reschedule their vacations so cheerleaders can have the freedom to have bad manners? I choose to avoid Pop Warner for the reasons you outlined. But I never expected the ordasity of 25 year old women to say Just go a different time.

Please, citations need where anyone said "cheerleader=bimbo image the world has as if any girl who ever wants to be a cheerleader suddenly becomes a moron the moment she puts on her skirt." If you are going to accuse our members as a whole of saying that be prepared to back up that accusation.

Fairybuzz

Really? You as a cheerleader believe others should reschedule their vacations so cheerleaders can have the freedom to have bad manners? I choose to avoid Pop Warner for the reasons you outlined. But I never expected the ordasity of 25 year old women to say Just go a different time.

Please, citations need where anyone said "cheerleader=bimbo image the world has as if any girl who ever wants to be a cheerleader suddenly becomes a moron the moment she puts on her skirt." If you are going to accuse our members as a whole of saying that be prepared to back up that accusation.
*audacity?

Sorry again I apologize I do sometimes post without thinking. 100 percent honest I'm not sarcastic. I blew it on that one.

That second thing stemmed from the level of viciousness of some of the posts, I was too quick to assume someone here may have been teased/rejected by cheerleaders growing up (not a good reason I know), and wanted to take it out on me. Believe it or not it has happened to me at work and when talking to people. Again I'm sorry. I really really really really really really don't want to make enemies here, I enjoy talking to people here and I'm soooo sooo sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. :(

Gabe1

I don't think he's saying that he hates the first world. He's just more implying (I think) that its such a little insignificant thing to complain about.

So basically your interpretation is guests vacations being interrupted multiple times, by multiple squads is insignificant to cheerleaders? That is really what you want to imply about cheerleaders?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Yeah Rancid is a light punk rock and ska-blend band featuring the great Tim Armstrong on vocals.

They were big around the time of one of my favorite bands Bad religion.

I'm sorry about that I have a bad habit of anticipating sexism. I've faced it so many times in my life I just kind of brace for impact. Its a bad habit I know.

They played HOB here in LBV back in September. Tim opened ... for himself. LOL. They played an Operation Ivy song and It was great.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
*audacity?

Sorry again I apologize I do sometimes post without thinking. 100 percent honest I'm not sarcastic. I blew it on that one.

That second thing stemmed from the level of viciousness of some of the posts, I was too quick to assume someone here may have been teased/rejected by cheerleaders growing up (not a good reason I know), and wanted to take it out on me. Believe it or not it has happened to me at work and when talking to people. Again I'm sorry. I really really really really really really don't want to make enemies here, I enjoy talking to people here and I'm soooo sooo sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. :(

Actually its because I work on the sidelines of sporting events and 99% of the time, College and HS cheerleaders just get in the way or think very highly of themselves. (Boise State might be the worst)... The Pros doesnt really have that problem.... So its issues with people getting in the way, running in front of the camera, breaking the rules and keeping me from doing my job and costing me money.

Fairybuzz

They played HOB here in LBV back in September. Tim opened ... for himself. LOL. They played an Operation Ivy song and It was great.
ooo what song was It Unity? (just think that'd be coincidental because Its stuck in my head at the moment)

Actually its because I work on the sidelines of sporting events and 99% of the time, College and HS cheerleaders just get in the way or think very highly of themselves. (Boise State might be the worst)... The Pros doesnt really have that problem.... So its issues with people getting in the way, running in front of the camera, breaking the rules and keeping me from doing my job and costing me money.
I would never do something like that. Those girls can kid themselves all they want but I've seen pictures taken of myself on the field and while I thought I looked like a goddess out there I really looked like I should be checked into Bellevue. Seriously I don't even want to look at them I'd be too embarrassed even just sitting alone. By High School I already knew this and actually was like "oh god" every time I thought someone got a pic of me. So If a camera was near me I'd probably run away. By that point I got over myself and decided hey I'm out here I'm doing what I love most I'm just going to enjoy it instead of strut around.

Believe it or not being a good cheerleader (to me at least) has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with being sexy or a diva. I just liked having something I could be proud of something I could work hard at and enjoy doing at the same time ya know? Its just what I'm good at. I really don't care how many people watch me. I didn't feud with opposing squads in competitions like some girls did either. Its like the football players. Some of them have that tough guy rude jock mentality, but a lot of them just want to play the game.

I am currently a college cheerleader, we don't really have a me complex problem, but it could also be that our school doesn't really have a football team and our "squad" is just a club formed this year against opposition from those claiming it to be "too mainstream" for this campus (If you went to my college you'd understand their reasoning). We only recently were added to the sports and activities budget and are just starting to cheer for the basketball team. So if anything were the underdogs of my school, where most of the student body has little to no interest in sports of any kind. We can't afford to have big egos lol. Def not the typical team. To give a hint our head cheerleader is a short haired lesbian feminist, and theres a trans woman on the squad

TP2000

But yeah It wasn't like I was sitting there making cheers out of everything and not stopping. I think We did one when we got there while we ere taking pics, and then Me and some girls did one for tinkerbell, (was a while ago I think it was her) and one on line for splash mountain or something but not again and again. At least I hope I didn't bug anyone, I'd feel bad if I did.

I'm fairly confident you did bug people with your cheers. But then, cheerleaders at any location other than the sidelines of an actual game do that. ;)

Fairybuzz

I'm fairly confident you did actually bug people. But then, cheerleaders at any location other than the sidelines of an actual game do that. ;)
*hands on hips* now don't start that again lmao (I kid!)

But no Nooooo!! I'm not arguing hmm hmm hmm la la la *looks everywhere but my screen* *checks watch* sooo...uhh nasty weather we're having

TP2000

The hilarious part is watching pro NFL cheerleaders flailing about desperately on the sidelines. Like the pathetic "Seagals" shaking their pom-poms for no one in particular at last weekend's Seattle Seahawks game. Or any other NFL game anywhere. NOTE TO THE SEAGALS: No one is watching you, they are watching the Seahawks battle through a stellar season.

When I think the concept of cheerleaders went horribly off the rails was around 1995, when some of them started to insist they were participating in an actual "sport". They aren't. And they should keep their cheers and cutesy look-at-me-not-the-game shtick to the sidelines of a high school football field on a Friday night, and keep it out of the crowded Standby queue at Splash Mountain.

Fairybuzz

The hilarious part is watching pro NFL cheerleaders flailing about desperately on the sidelines. Like the pathetic "Seagals" shaking their pom-poms for no one in particular at last weekend's Seattle Seahawks game. Or any other NFL game anywhere. NOTE TO THE SEAGALS: No one is watching you, they are watching the Seahawks battle through a stellar season.

When I think the concept of cheerleaders went horribly off the rails was around 1995, when some of them started to insist they were participating in an actual "sport". They aren't. And they should keep their cheers and cutesy look-at-me-not-the-game shtick to the sidelines of a high school football field on a Friday night, and keep it out of the crowded Standby queue at Splash Mountain.

Cheerleading isn't a sport but.....nascar is?

Now everyones just trying to troll me I know it

Fairybuzz

I'm not a fan of NASCAR, and I don't know that it's a sport. I'll leave that debate for another thread somewhere.
fair enough.

I'd say cheerleading is a sport we have teams, we, believe it or not, have roles/positions in the team, and we have competitions. Gymnastics is classified as a sport in the olympics, so why wouldn't we be? To be fair we do lie in a strange sort of gap between sport and dance. Its a thin line so Its open for interpretation, but I do believe its a sport, and even if It isn't Its what I enjoy doing. I don't care if people look at me or not I just like being a flyer. It's so fun being up there. Its a lot like a roller coaster in fact, except no safety bars. Nothing wrong with enjoying what you do (and I don't mean on the splash mountain line I already admitted that was wrong. Sigh I think I'll forever be known now as the splash mountain cheerleader). Its really fun to just go out on the field or court and just let go of all your confusion and stress of life. Even if you do sometimes look like this

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4cvtexCxj1r85utu.jpg

Or do this

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4fulkFK2G1r85utu.gif

(oww)

Last edited:

Nemo14

Really? You as a cheerleader believe others should reschedule their vacations so cheerleaders can have the freedom to have bad manners? I choose to avoid Pop Warner for the reasons you outlined. But I never expected the audacity of 25 year old women to say Just go a different time.

especially to the owner of this website.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom