That time of year: pop warner football

Fairybuzz

The brazilian tour groups that flood WDW in the spring and summer.

Whats the big deal? If you don't understand how to behave in polite society, I have neither the time nor inclination to explain basic manners.
Ok if your looking for a flame war here you wont find one with me. I hate fighting.

I just Don't see why its different from the people who rap while on line or the kids who scream on line or the businessman on his cellphone or the girl singing part of your world as she walks around fantasyland. Its a fun time people get excited, I happen to love cheerleading alot. Its not like we did it in a theater or during a ride we were walking around.

I'm only trying to understand your opinion, you don't need to freak out. It's only a website forum. take a deep breath and exhale. :)

EOD K9

Ok if your looking for a flame war here you wont find one with me. I hate fighting.

I just Don't see why its different from the people who rap while on line or the kids who scream on line or the businessman on his cellphone or the girl singing part of your world as she walks around fantasyland. Its a fun time people get excited, I happen to love cheerleading alot. Its not like we did it in a theater or during a ride we were walking around.

I'm only trying to understand your opinion, you don't need to freak out. It's only a website forum. take a deep breath and exhale. :)
Part of the problem with the Brazilian tour groups is their behavior. They will chant constantly, on line, in QS restaurants, on COP, take pictures when flash photography is not allowed, etc. They will also wait on line while a bunch are out doing Brazilian stuff, then the rest of the group cuts in front of you to rejoin the group. The list goes on and on.

luv

It'd help if you told me who these brazilians are first. I'm kinda lost on that.

We chanted 4 times If someone told us to stop we would stop but no one even looked at us. If you didn't like it you could simply walk to a different part of the park, as we only did it one time on line, the rest were just walking around. What's really the big deal? I could understand it if we'd cheered again and again but you seem adverse to hearing any kind of cheering at all like it'd melt your ears or something. XD
I had to look up the XD thing. You really might want to pick a fight with someone else. But you're free to pursue it, if you please.

Dave is correct. It is rude to cheer in public unless you are doing it at a game. It's rude to scream, cut in line, yell and all the things teen girls think are okay because they're teen girls. You shouldn't make a spectacle of yourself or force everyone around you to listen to anything you say. If your parents didn't teach you this, you've now been told. Twice.

If you're thinking, "But I want to and you can't stop me!"...you're correct. We cannot stop you.

Fairybuzz

Part of the problem with the Brazilian tour groups is their behavior. They will chant constantly, on line, in QS restaurants, on COP, take pictures when flash photography is not allowed, etc. They will also wait on line while a bunch are out doing Brazilian stuff, then the rest of the group cuts in front of you to rejoin the group. The list goes on and on.

I agree thats very rude. I'd never disturb preshow elements or rides or restaraunts. In fact I get so mad when people talk during preshows, (A HUGE problem at six flags's frew preshowed rides I mean SHUSH already!) I'll admit some cheerleaders do get louder on purpose to annoy people, but that wasn't us. our group wasn't really the stereotypical loud snotty girls people think of.

Fairybuzz

I had to look up the XD thing. You really might want to pick a fight with someone else. But you're free to pursue it, if you please.

Dave is correct. It is rude to cheer in public unless you are doing it at a game. It's rude to scream, cut in line, yell and all the things teen girls think are okay because they're teen girls. You shouldn't make a spectacle of yourself or force everyone around you to listen to anything you say. If your parents didn't teach you this, you've now been told. Twice.

If you're thinking, "But I want to and you can't stop me!"...you're correct. We cannot stop you.

One cheer is too much to bare? I never cut in line, screamed or any of that. Doing a cheer routine for the camera in front of the entrance only seemed like a must. The other two times weren't really organized and basically ended with us all laughing or something. I don't exactly remember everything this was so long ago. To give you an idea the newest thing was mission space and I was still getting over the shock of the new imagination ride.

I'm not picking a fight. I know emotion is lost over the internet, but I wouldn't be yelling or screaming I don't like fighting at all. I just wanted to understand why people felt that way. I'm forced to endure everyones stupid conversations all the time, about the most grotesque stuff I live in new york I just kinda tune it all out as background noise

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Brazillians? I never said anything about brazilians??

No need to be mean though :( like I said my squad was mostly well behaved albeit we did cheer just a few times but never more than one cheer at a time. I think we broke into it about 4 times the whole time, and other than that we were just being like any other group of teen girls.

And there is the problem. Manners. Did we come to WDW to hear each squad break into cheers multiple times? No. Would this be allowed in a classroom? On an airplane? In church? A movie theater? The adults are condoning the behavior so I don't blame the children as much as the adults that lack decorum or manners, pass that trait onto those in their charge. Somewhere along the line the adults never learned there is a time and a place for everything. Cheers and football games have a specific spot just for them in WDW. Be nice if that was taught.

I'm not saying that to be mean, I am saying it more to think foremost about the respect and consideration of others. Maybe next time?

luv

One cheer is too much to bare? I never cut in line, screamed or any of that. Doing a cheer routine for the camera in front of the entrance only seemed like a must. The other two times weren't really organized and basically ended with us all laughing or something. I don't exactly remember everything this was so long ago. To give you an idea the newest thing was mission space and I was still getting over the shock of the new imagination ride.

I'm not picking a fight. I know emotion is lost over the internet, but I wouldn't be yelling or screaming I don't like fighting at all. I just wanted to understand why people felt that way. I'm forced to endure everyones stupid conversations all the time, about the most grotesque stuff I live in new york I just kinda tune it all out as background noise
It is much easier to understand posts when punctuation and capital letters are used of course I know you kids find these things superfluous but it does make it harder for we old folk to understand when you use the punctuation it is so much better bear is the word you want I think not bare yes it's rude but as I said we cannot stop you if you petulantly insist on doing it or that it is okay to do have at it

Fairybuzz

And there is the problem. Manners. Did we come to WDW to hear each squad break into cheers multiple times? No. Would this be allowed in a classroom? On an airplane? In church? A movie theater? The adults are condoning the behavior so I don't blame the children as much as the adults that lack decorum or manners that pass that trait onto those in their charge. Somewhere along the line the adults never learned there is a time and a place for everything. Cheers and football games have a specific spot just for them in WDW. Be nice if that was taught.

I'm not saying that to be mean, I am saying it more to think foremost about the respect and consideration of others. Maybe next time?

I don't think that at this point after all these years that they'll let me back in at my age.

I just think people are over reacting a little thats all. We were one of the quieter squads at the park that day.

DW1

I don't think you see the whole picture Fairy buzz. You say your group only broke out in cheer 4 times? Now picture EVERY group breaking out in cheer just 4 times. I bet that would mean you would hear it everywhere, all day long. It gets old and obnoxious really quickly. And thats assuming every cheer group stopped after only 4 times.

Fairybuzz

It is much easier to understand posts when punctuation and capital letters are used of course I know you kids find these things superfluous but it does make it harder for we old folk to understand when you use the punctuation it is so much better bear is the word you want I think not bare yes it's rude but as I said we cannot stop you if you petulantly insist on doing it or that it is okay to do have at it

Dyslexia can do that sometimes but also typing at 1:30AM I apologize for any punctuation errors I make, I was never good at that kind of thing.

Our squad reallly wasnt that bad trust me, there were much worse squads there that day.

I don't think you see the whole picture Fairy buzz. You say your group only broke out in cheer 4 times? Now picture EVERY group breaking out in cheer just 4 times. I bet that would mean you would hear it everywhere, all day long. It gets old and obnoxious really quickly. And thats assuming every cheer group stopped after only 4 times.

You're right. I can't see it from that side. As I said earlier if I had known it got on anyones nerves in any way I would have stopped and tried to get my friends to stop. How would I have known? No one told us not to. No one spoke up and shushed us. Its not like we'd beat them up if they did. That'd be a sight to see tiny little me try to take on someone. I've been told to be quiet before at that age and I've listened.

Fairybuzz

And every squad adult feels the same way. The entitlement to intrude. A taught trait.
Actually the only reason I was so offended was I assumed this was going to be one of those long high school "I hate cheerleaders because they're evil and *insert derogatory stereotype here*" kind of things.

But its true. for a 13-14 yo girl its really hard to be that aware of whats going on around you. No one tells you to stop how would you know? If I was shushed I'd have stopped. that was ten years ago I definately wouldn't do that kind of thing now.

dman1373

Being someone that was one of the football players that have won pop warner nationals, your team has to be pretty disciplined to make it to these games. Its not just your average set of crazy kids that are there just to ride space mountain. Also a ton of our time was taken up by practicing (good thing that all star sports had a goal post to practice on). We never were at the parks a day before a game which you have two no matter if win or lose. I wouldn't worry about them to much.

RSoxNo1

I heard a Hall of Fame baseball manager rip an older fan (50s) for his lack of manners and his behavior. In short, the fan was rather demanding in asking for an autograph and didnt even say please. The HOF'er went on a hillarious rant. The former player/TV analyst next to me and I broke up laughing.....

So it goes more than today's youth. Manners are lacking
I'm intrigued... can you PM me the manager?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Being someone that was one of the football players that have won pop warner nationals, your team has to be pretty disciplined to make it to these games. Its not just your average set of crazy kids that are there just to ride space mountain. Also a ton of our time was taken up by practicing (good thing that all star sports had a goal post to practice on). We never were at the parks a day before a game which you have two no matter if win or lose. I wouldn't worry about them to much.

Disney had to clamp down on resort behavior over the years and have their own code of conduct for PW. I remember one team being kicked out of their resort in the wee hours of the morning. Put on a bus and they were forced to find a hotel off sight and transportation, so it isn't like the football teams are without their issues.

In fairness it isn't just Pop Warner weeks I avoid, there are Adult Couple and Religious Groups that come in masses annually that I now avoid being in the World during those events.

DW1

Actually the only reason I was so offended was I assumed this was going to be one of those long high school "I hate cheerleaders because they're evil and *insert derogatory stereotype here*" kind of things.

But its true. for a 13-14 yo girl its really hard to be that aware of whats going on around you. No one tells you to stop how would you know? If I was shushed I'd have stopped. that was ten years ago I definately wouldn't do that kind of thing now.
You got that right. I know I did a lot of things growing up without realizing how they affected people around me. I just assumed everyone shared my point of view. Now , if I saw my teenage self I'd probably kicks my own .

zbsigpi

As a parent and a Pop Warner father I will chime in on this. Children will be children no mater if there are 2 or 50 in a group. My children no matter how well behaved around me I know can become obnoxious little brats to an extent when with friends unsupervised. The problem at Disney with Pop Warner and other groups of kids is of them being mostly unsupervised. That is when we as adults need to step in, the whole it takes a town concept. If my child misbehaves I have no issues with another adult correcting them appropriately for their action(s). And I have no issues doing the same when I am out and about. So if you are enjoying your time at the Mouse House or any place else for that matter, and a group of Pop Warner teams, Brazilians or just a group of kids is misbehaving or being rude/obnoxious, then politely but firmly correct them for their behavior. If their parents did any kind of a job with teaching their little darlings properly then most of the time the issue will be resolved at least temporarily until their short term memory forgets what was discussed only a few minutes ago! If they don't listen then ask if there is one of their chaperons near by or tell a cast member.

I gave my input on a similar thread a few years back and heard from a few, 'I'm on vacation, it's not my job' and to those people I say that thought process is why children behave the way they do! Most children are well behaved but need to be reminded from time to time to do so.

Let the scathing comments commence!

Fairybuzz

As a parent and a Pop Warner father I will chime in on this. Children will be children no mater if there are 2 or 50 in a group. My children no matter how well behaved around me I know can become obnoxious little brats to an extent when with friends unsupervised. The problem at Disney with Pop Warner and other groups of kids is of them being mostly unsupervised. That is when we as adults need to step in, the whole it takes a town concept. If my child misbehaves I have no issues with another adult correcting them appropriately for their action(s). And I have no issues doing the same when I am out and about. So if you are enjoying your time at the Mouse House or any place else for that matter, and a group of Pop Warner teams, Brazilians or just a group of kids is misbehaving or being rude/obnoxious, then politely but firmly correct them for their behavior. If their parents did any kind of a job with teaching their little darlings properly then most of the time the issue will be resolved at least temporarily until their short term memory forgets what was discussed only a few minutes ago! If they don't listen then ask if there is one of their chaperons near by or tell a cast member.

I gave my input on a similar thread a few years back and heard from a few, 'I'm on vacation, it's not my job' and to those people I say that thought process is why children behave the way they do! Most children are well behaved but need to be reminded from time to time to do so.

Let the scathing comments commence!

Thats what I say. If someone had told me to stop back then I definately would have. I'm the kind of girl who avoids making waves with anyone even those I don't know. I wouldn't have realized on my own that I was being annoying because whenever I hear people chanting it always brings up good feelings and memories in me and Im ok with it. I do understand how It can be annoying but don't be afraid to speak out. No one is going to get away with beating you up in a disney park so the worst that happens is they get more annoying and then you tell a cm. Most of the girls I knew would've quieted down and pressured others to. The football players will may be a little less obedient i guess. boys at that age sometimes have a huge problem with authority. But I don't know, I've never been a boy or a football player lol. But some of the guys from our towns team grew up to be very nice people. (Some grew up to be real jerks too lol..)

So yeah I agree with you zb, If someone told me to stop first I'd be slightly embarassed that I let myself get so crazy, then I'd feel bad that I was annoying.

Cousin Huet

This is hilarious......how dare anyone have fun at Disney World. I would not waste my time debating with someone with that persepctive, Fairybuzz. It will make your head hurt to attempt to figure out their sense of entitlement that everything should be the way they want it in life. They probably get mad at guest relations and want refunds when weather cancels things too. Kids having fun is what should be happening there and the proper response is a smile to see people enjoy themselves. Bullying a young lady in person or on the internet shows a lack of being raised with any kind of manners. No MAN would do that. I'd suggest to anyone that can't deal with children being childre to start riding the rides from the comfort of your You Tube feed instead of going into loud, chaotic parks where kids are trying to have fun around you. If you get a really cool chair that pivots in all directions it will be just like the real thing and NO WRISTBAND NEEDED to go straight to the front of the line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom