That time of year: pop warner football

kellygirl

We have been here all week. We are at Saratoga Springs so I can't speak to the hotel situation but we encountered many foot ball and cheerleader groups at magic kingdom yesterday and they were all well behaved. The only chanting we heard was a group doing a cheer at downtown Disney Tuesday evening. the only inconvenience to us was the early closing of HS the other night when we were planning to do the Osborne lights. , but that is one me because I must have missed the change in hours in my planning. Just wanted to give a different opinion of the groups and we are not associated with them in by way.

bhg469

*audacity?

Sorry again I apologize I do sometimes post without thinking. 100 percent honest I'm not sarcastic. I blew it on that one.

That second thing stemmed from the level of viciousness of some of the posts, I was too quick to assume someone here may have been teased/rejected by cheerleaders growing up (not a good reason I know), and wanted to take it out on me. Believe it or not it has happened to me at work and when talking to people. Again I'm sorry. I really really really really really really don't want to make enemies here, I enjoy talking to people here and I'm soooo sooo sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. :(

For a community of people that are into something that's meant to be fun, they sure get carried away! Sarcasm gets tossed around here a lot and I'm not sure if everyone got your but they read what they want to. On a list of things I'd change about wdw, cheerleaders are not even on my radar. Palatable food and solid attractions instead of meet and greets and free dining would make me ignore 90% of the chants and some of the Brazilians.

Cousin Huet

Bluck.

Just being able to express that thought of yours with a First World tech device, on a First World website, about a First World Vacation destination, demonstrates how hypocritical that post is and how much you enjoy the First Worlds right of free speech to post such useless content. Maybe you should take your advice, go live in a 3rd world country permanently or a country that sensor comments like that. Far more hilarious in my imagination.

I have lived in third world countries and that is why I know I am blessed to live where I live and do what I do. I understand how lucky I am to be standing in a line for an AMUSEMENT RIDE and have the sense to not gripe about the behavior of young people enjoying themselves there. If that stuff bothers you then stay at the house so you don't have to deal with others. There are children suffering in war zone hospitals because their neighbor decided to detonate a car bomb in their market place. Be thankful your problem is that you get annoyed by kids chanting and not that you may lose a limb in an explosion while running to the market. I love my first world life and it is in no way hypocritical to call you out for griping about your "issues" with kids having fun around you.

Cousin Huet

So basically your interpretation is guests vacations being interrupted multiple times, by multiple squads is insignificant to cheerleaders? That is really what you want to imply about cheerleaders?

It is insignificant....completely insignificant. I don't care if its a cheerleader, screaming kid or Brazilian tourist. It's insignificant

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
The hilarious part is watching pro NFL cheerleaders flailing about desperately on the sidelines. Like the pathetic "Seagals" shaking their pom-poms for no one in particular at last weekend's Seattle Seahawks game. Or any other NFL game anywhere. NOTE TO THE SEAGALS: No one is watching you, they are watching the Seahawks battle through a stellar season.

When I think the concept of cheerleaders went horribly off the rails was around 1995, when some of them started to insist they were participating in an actual "sport". They aren't. And they should keep their cheers and cutesy look-at-me-not-the-game shtick to the sidelines of a high school football field on a Friday night, and keep it out of the crowded Standby queue at Splash Mountain.

I tend to disagree there.... It is a sport. Competitve Cheerleading gets more injuries per athlete then anywhere else. Now I'm talking about the things that involve intense stunts, coordination, gymnastics, etc. I consider that to be a sport. I may not like it but it fits the definition.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
ooo what song was It Unity? (just think that'd be coincidental because Its stuck in my head at the moment)

I would never do something like that. Those girls can kid themselves all they want but I've seen pictures taken of myself on the field and while I thought I looked like a goddess out there I really looked like I should be checked into Bellevue. Seriously I don't even want to look at them I'd be too embarrassed even just sitting alone. By High School I already knew this and actually was like "oh god" every time I thought someone got a pic of me. So If a camera was near me I'd probably run away. By that point I got over myself and decided hey I'm out here I'm doing what I love most I'm just going to enjoy it instead of strut around.

Believe it or not being a good cheerleader (to me at least) has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with being sexy or a diva. I just liked having something I could be proud of something I could work hard at and enjoy doing at the same time ya know? Its just what I'm good at. I really don't care how many people watch me. I didn't feud with opposing squads in competitions like some girls did either. Its like the football players. Some of them have that tough guy rude jock mentality, but a lot of them just want to play the game.

I am currently a college cheerleader, we don't really have a me complex problem, but it could also be that our school doesn't really have a football team and our "squad" is just a club formed this year against opposition from those claiming it to be "too mainstream" for this campus (If you went to my college you'd understand their reasoning). We only recently were added to the sports and activities budget and are just starting to cheer for the basketball team. So if anything were the underdogs of my school, where most of the student body has little to no interest in sports of any kind. We can't afford to have big egos lol. Def not the typical team. To give a hint our head cheerleader is a short haired lesbian feminist, and theres a trans woman on the squad

Two thoughts: I would stop an watch a squad of LGBT cheerleaders. That breaks the mold.

Second? Sound systems gonna bring me back up yeah. One thing that I can depend on.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have lived in third world countries and that is why I know I am blessed to live where I live and do what I do. I understand how lucky I am to be standing in a line for an AMUSEMENT RIDE and have the sense to not gripe about the behavior of young people enjoying themselves there. If that stuff bothers you then stay at the house so you don't have to deal with others. There are children suffering in war zone hospitals because their neighbor decided to detonate a car bomb in their market place. Be thankful your problem is that you get annoyed by kids chanting and not that you may lose a limb in an explosion while running to the market. I love my first world life and it is in no way hypocritical to call you out for griping about your "issues" with kids having fun around you.

That post is way out of line.

You have no right to tell me or anyone else here what behaviors I have to endure while being a guest at WDW or to tell me to stay at my house. You may have lived in third world countries but have not acclimated into a society that expects decorum.

Last edited:

psukardi

It is insignificant....completely insignificant. I don't care if its a cheerleader, screaming kid or Brazilian tourist. It's insignificant
Fantastic, we can have a screaming child next to you your whole holiday and if you get irate we'll simply remind you it's insignificant....heck we'll throw the children in the dining rooms too.

Cousin Huet

It is "ignorant" and "out of line" to expect everyone around you to do what you want them to do. You are going to an amusement park.....not a library. This entitlement attitude to have everything the way you want it is whats wrong with our society. I spent my down time volunteering at the busiest "hospital" in the theater of war and I am 100% confident that your issues with cheerleaders are insignificant.....as is the fact that McDonalds messed up your "light ice" order on your ice tea, the fact that there are long lines at Walmart and the fact that a cop gave you a ticket for speeding.

You have no right to tell ANYONE how to behave anywhere and that is the whole point. You want to tell everyone else how to behave but are offended when someone tells you if you don't like then leave???? It's going to be a rough life for someone so easily annoyed.....have fun with that.

Cousin Huet

Fantastic, we can have a screaming child next to you your whole holiday and if you get irate we'll simply remind you it's insignificant....heck we'll throw the children in the dining rooms too.

You can't throw children in the U.S. It is abuse.....we have all experienced it on planes, dining rooms, long lines.....children are children.....I Keep Calm and Chive On....lol

Cousin Huet

That's fine - I suggest you open a resort for 'chant-dependent children' so you can nurse them like they deserve

Actually I have a good time at the places I currently go......I think the people doing all the complaining may be the ones that need to look into opening their own park....the ones I go to work just fine for me. Yep, there are tons of annoying people there but I know that going in. I focus on my family and their fun and we never have any issues....amazing how that works.

Gabe1

It is "ignorant" and "out of line" to expect everyone around you to do what you want them to do. You are going to an amusement park.....not a library. This entitlement attitude to have everything the way you want it is whats wrong with our society. I spent my down time volunteering at the busiest "hospital" in the theater of war and I am 100% confident that your issues with cheerleaders are insignificant.....as is the fact that McDonalds messed up your "light ice" order on your ice tea, the fact that there are long lines at Walmart and the fact that a cop gave you a ticket for speeding.

You have no right to tell ANYONE how to behave anywhere and that is the whole point. You want to tell everyone else how to behave but are offended when someone tells you if you don't like then leave???? It's going to be a rough life for someone so easily annoyed.....have fun with that.

Trolling?

Cousin Huet

Trolling?

There it is.....realizes your argument is 100% hypocritical and resorts to that. You all can have it......you are starting to sound like three chanting cheerleaders ......i'm annoyed so I'm going to go get in line for a Dole Whip while you all go round and round on the tea cups....lol....have fun.

Gabe1

There it is.....realizes your argument is 100% hypocritical and resorts to that. You all can have it......you are starting to sound like three chanting cheerleaders ......i'm annoyed so I'm going to go get in line for a Dole Whip while you all go round and round on the tea cups....lol....have fun.

Yep. Trolling.

rael ramone

In past 'Pop Warner' threads it seemed the issue was less with the players/cheerleaders and more with the 'Pop Warner Dads' who believed the definition of chaperoning was getting themselves angry drunk at the All Star watering holes...

Gabe1

In past 'Pop Warner' threads it seemed the issue was less with the players/cheerleaders and more with the 'Pop Warner Dads' who believed the definition of chaperoning was getting themselves angry drunk at the All Star watering holes...

Disney put an end to that. They now have a code of conduct. They tossed an entire team out of a resort in the middle of the night. It sent a clear message.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm not attempting to tell anyone how to behave, simply requesting that they understand there are other people in the park as well, and perhaps chanting, cheering or the like isn't something others may want to hear. Now, how is that unreasonable?
Disney put an end to that. They now have a code of conduct. They tossed an entire team out of a resort in the middle of the night. It sent a clear message.
So, Disney did tell people how to (or not to) act.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom