That time of year: pop warner football

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My squad chanted a few times the year we took a trip together, If I knew it bothered people I'd have stopped (can't garuntee they would have) We didn't do it excessively though, and certainly not on a monorail or bus, though we did talk alot, but when you have a bunch of friends with you that's expected. Hard to just sit there with like most of the people you know and not say anything. So i'm not sure how aware they are of people getting annoyed or they just got really hyped up (happens this is disney world after all). But yeah It wasn't like I was sitting there making cheers out of everything and not stopping. I think We did one when we got there while we ere taking pics, and then Me and some girls did one for tinkerbell, (was a while ago I think it was her) and one on line for splash mountain or something but not again and again. At least I hope I didn't bug anyone, I'd feel bad if I did.
There is nothing wrong with your squad's behavior IMO and I have no problem with teens talking and being teens. I was one once too. This group though was just chanting over and over in line for R&RC. If it had been one chant it would have been fine but they would not stop!

Fairybuzz

There is nothing wrong with your squad's behavior IMO and I have no problem with teens talking and being teens. I was one once too. This group though was just chanting over and over in line for R&RC. If it had been one chant it would have been fine but they would not stop!
Oh yeah that must have been annoying :mad:.

I think If I did that I'd get annoyed at me too lol. Its one thing to have fun with your squad mates but its another thing to ruin the immerse experience of others.

(The reason we cheered in splash mt.'s queue I remember now, was because we came up with this whole thing with zip a dee doo dah when we were goofing off during lunch, and we remembered it on line and it just kinda happened.)

luv

Level with me. How crazy are the crowds? We are booked Thursday thru Sunday
It isn't the crowds. That isn't the problem. It's how they behave.

My guess is that these girls, at least most of them, were raised better and will grow up to behave better later. But if their parents did teach them not make spectacles of themselves and not to scream, be loud, yell cheers and things like that, they decide to toss at out the window and behave like...well, obnoxious teenage girls.

They could be better chaperoned, lol.

I haven't yet seen or heard any of the pushing and shoving behavior we used to have so much of with the Brazillians.

Like another poster said, some are better behaved than others. But there are enough tacky, obnoxious ones to make you want to say, "Pop Quiz!" and scare them into silence. ;)

Depending on how close you are to them, it can be mildly distracting to supremely irritating. Also depends on your mood a little. If you know what you're in for, you will likely be better prepared to endure them. :)

They ought to let us issue demerits. ;)

Last edited:

Sans Souci

I had never heard of "Pop Warner" until I started frequenting WDW message boards, so this is a new phenomenon for me. All I know it's a bunch of teen football players and cheerleaders, sounds like a blast and yet another reason to avoid WDW in December.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
It isn't the crowds. That isn't the problem. It's how they behave.

I heard a Hall of Fame baseball manager rip an older fan (50s) for his lack of manners and his behavior. In short, the fan was rather demanding in asking for an autograph and didnt even say please. The HOF'er went on a hillarious rant. The former player/TV analyst next to me and I broke up laughing.....

So it goes more than today's youth. Manners are lacking

Fairybuzz

The only difference between your cheers and the Brazillians chanting in the parks is that I can't understand them.
The only difference between your cheers and the Brazillians chanting in the parks is that I can't understand them.
Brazillians? I never said anything about brazilians??

No need to be mean though :( like I said my squad was mostly well behaved albeit we did cheer just a few times but never more than one cheer at a time. I think we broke into it about 4 times the whole time, and other than that we were just being like any other group of teen girls.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Brazillians? I never said anything about brazilians??

No need to be mean though :( like I said my squad was mostly well behaved albeit we did cheer just a few times but never more than one cheer at a time. I think we broke into it about 4 times the whole time, and other than that we were just being like any other group of teen girls.

You have no idea what mean is, young lady.

Chanting cheerleaders are chanting cheerleaders, regardless of language or nationality.

Fairybuzz

The chanting belongs on the football field. Not in Disney. Its not acceptable in Portuguese and its not acceptable in English. The Brazilian comparison is appropriate.
It'd help if you told me who these brazilians are first. I'm kinda lost on that.

We chanted 4 times If someone told us to stop we would stop but no one even looked at us. If you didn't like it you could simply walk to a different part of the park, as we only did it one time on line, the rest were just walking around. What's really the big deal? I could understand it if we'd cheered again and again but you seem adverse to hearing any kind of cheering at all like it'd melt your ears or something. XD

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
It'd help if you told me who these brazilians are first. I'm kinda lost on that.

We chanted 4 times If someone told us to stop we would stop but no one even looked at us. If you didn't like it you could simply walk to a different part of the park, as we only did it one time on line, the rest were just walking around. What's really the big deal? I could understand it if we'd cheered again and again but you seem adverse to hearing any kind of cheering at all like it'd melt your ears or something. XD

The brazilian tour groups that flood WDW in the spring and summer.

Whats the big deal? If you don't understand how to behave in polite society, I have neither the time nor inclination to explain basic manners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom