That time of year: pop warner football

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I find this interesting.
I've always found the cheerleaders louder, more obnoxious, and far more annoying than any of the Pop Warner players.

Cheerleaders are trained to be loud and peppy and for the most part (as a former cheerleader myself) think they are just the cutest things on earth. Then put them in a group unsupervised and that's where the problems come in.

Fairybuzz

I find this interesting.

Cheerleaders are trained to be loud and peppy and for the most part (as a former cheerleader myself) think they are just the cutest things on earth. Then put them in a group unsupervised and that's where the problems come in.

Lol yeah hate to admit it but its true. But aren't we? :D :p jk

At that age, you think you're like the most adorable girl when you cheer and you dont get how anyone could think otherwise. Then you see pictures of yourself and your like NO REALLY? THATS WHAT I LOOK LIKE? ugh

flynnibus

Premium Member
If they don't listen then ask if there is one of their chaperons near by or tell a cast member.

Great theory - doesn't work in practice because the children have no respect for others and think they are invincible.. and basically they are. Disney won't do anything to correct them, and in the politically correct world we live in now you can't do anything except talk to a child. And then if you did get evil with them, their parent would attack you vs acknowledge their child's issue.

And no, I have no interest in parenting other people's kids while on vacation. If a kid can't behave - they shouldn't be sloughed off on us to fix.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Wow, four pages of "I'm a special snowflake, sorry if I bother you but Imma do it anyhow lulzzzzz" and "My precious baby would NEVER do that" and a league of people who have seen it, heard it, been bothered by it, and are ignored.

It's amazing how expensive a WDW trip is. You don't understand that yet, cheerleading girls, but you will one day. And you'll appreciate the "experience" of the parks without cheering teenage girls running all over the parks all the more when your pocketbook is affected.

SSH

In fairness it isn't just Pop Warner weeks I avoid, there are Adult Couple and Religious Groups that come in masses annually that I now avoid being in the World during those events.

If someone wants to avoid the biggest crowds, large chanting South American groups, the PW teams, the various school holidays, summer peak season, holiday peak season, spring break, grad nights, etc, etc,...it's getting quite challenging to pinpoint a few optimal weekends. There aren't many left. Even the traditional "quiet" or shoulder seasons recommended by various online calendars have been underestimating actual turnout.

zbsigpi

Great theory - doesn't work in practice because the children have no respect for others and think they are invincible.. and basically they are. Disney won't do anything to correct them,.

I must disagree with you. Granted I have not done it at Disney but I have stopped kids that were behaving badly and some will look at you with disdain but most of the ones I have encountered will stop the behavior at least while you are around them. And years ago, I was a teen at Disney swearing and a CM told me to stop and I did.

On a side and some what political note:
Political Correctness, in my opinion is just another way of a person to say 'I am afraid to stand up for my beliefs for fear of what the consequences are'. I have always told my children that if their actions require punishment including physical I will punish them and have done so. I have also told them that I would gladly stand in-front of any judge and admit my actions and the reasons for such actions and see if I am punished myself! We must not be afraid to stand up for our beliefs!!!!!!!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
but most of the ones I have encountered will stop the behavior at least while you are around them. And years ago, I was a teen at Disney swearing and a CM told me to stop and I did.

'at least while you are around them' - key phrase

If you didn't stop - the CM won't do anything about it except try to plea with you in their completely neutered way. The problem is the theory breaks down when people actually refuse to cooperate - and that happens more now because the lack of consequences has conditioned people to realize they can get away with anything.. so why not. And then it evolves into EXPECTING to get away with it.. and we end up in the crap we are in now.

This is a very slippery slope that has been accelerating over the last decade.

On a side and some what political note:
Political Correctness, in my opinion is just another way of a person to say 'I am afraid to stand up for my beliefs for fear of what the consequences are'.

You forgot the shift in attitude of what is perceived as tolerable and the fact the police and courts err to the point of insanity. The reason people don't always stand up is because common sense has left the court system.

zbsigpi

'at least while you are around them' - key phrase

If you didn't stop - the CM won't do anything about it except try to plea with you in their completely neutered way. The problem is the theory breaks down when people actually refuse to cooperate - and that happens more now because the lack of consequences has conditioned people to realize they can get away with anything.. so why not. And then it evolves into EXPECTING to get away with it.. and we end up in the crap we are in now.

This is a very slippery slope that has been accelerating over the last decade.

You forgot the shift in attitude of what is perceived as tolerable and the fact the police and courts err to the point of insanity. The reason people don't always stand up is because common sense has left the court system.

Did I stop swearing that day? Probably not but I an sure I was more aware of what I was saying!!!!

I agree with your thoughts above, but personally I have to try!!! The ones that thumb their noses (or worst) at you 9/10 of the time have parents that do the same! (Monkey see, Monkey do) I figure if I try enough times, I will affect change in someone.

And as for the loss of common sense in the courts the courts have nothing on the loss of common sense in the world.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Ok if your looking for a flame war here you wont find one with me. I hate fighting.

I just Don't see why its different from the people who rap while on line or the kids who scream on line or the businessman on his cellphone or the girl singing part of your world as she walks around fantasyland. Its a fun time people get excited, I happen to love cheerleading alot. Its not like we did it in a theater or during a ride we were walking around.

I'm only trying to understand your opinion, you don't need to freak out. It's only a website forum. take a deep breath and exhale. :)

None of those people know how to behave in a polite society either.

But let me give you a little clue here… People don't go to sporting events to see cheerleaders. They go there to see the sporting event.

And it's not really your place to tell me how to speak on a message board. If the moderators have issue with how Blunt I am, they'll tell me.

Fairybuzz

None of those people know how to behave in a polite society either.

But let me give you a little clue here… People don't go to sporting events to see cheerleaders. They go there to see the sporting event.

And it's not really your place to tell me how to speak on a message board. If the moderators have issue with how Blunt I am, they'll tell me.

no need to get personal....

Fairybuzz

I have to say I feel a little unfairly ganged up on. I've become the whipping girl for everyones frustration about all of this. I'm not the cause of it

flynnibus

Premium Member
And as for the loss of common sense in the courts the courts have nothing on the loss of common sense in the world.

sure it does... exactly the same as what children think they can get away is shaped by what consequences there are or not from their parents.

When the courts go all and hold people accountable disregarding self-responsibility and common sense... that creates a feedback loop that alters what people tolerate or think they can get away with.

When a court punishes someone for putting a jerk in their place.. the Jerk now knows the court will defend them so their boldness increases for the next time. Repeat, repeat, repeat and you get people that think they can get away with anything because they know they can risk suing anyone who stands up to them or worse, press charges.

So you end up with people who think they can get away with anything and no one else matters but themselves. The threat of consequence for the stupid is removed...

Same thing happens with these kids/tour groups/etc - they know there is nothing Disney will do to them.. and they know they can just stand up to anyone who challenges them with no consequence.. including their chaperons to a large degree. No chaperon is going to physically restrain or punish a child anymore... because the threat of little suzzie's mom suing - regardless of if suzzie was the instigator and needed it.

Fairybuzz

but you're the only one defending it. Don't feel ganged up on, just accept the fact that that kind of behavior is rude, and move on.
I believe I already did...
I said If someone told me at the time that I was being annoying I would have stopped but no one did so what else was a 14 yo girl supposed to assume?

But he really didn't have to insult cheerleading as a whole. Its not like were the only people who've ever been loud and obnoxious as kids. Tell that to the jerk who keeps blasing music form his car in front of my house when my sis is trying to sleep, or the idiot who walks around the bus station rapping. Also If you think that kids are the only perpetrators of things like this you need to take a good look at the loud business lady on her phone at the restaurant, or the jerky drunk guys who make cat calls at me during my work shift. People suck what can you do

zbsigpi

sure it does... exactly the same as what children think they can get away is shaped by what consequences there are or not from their parents.

When the courts go all and hold people accountable disregarding self-responsibility and common sense... that creates a feedback loop that alters what people tolerate or think they can get away with.

When a court punishes someone for putting a jerk in their place.. the Jerk now knows the court will defend them so their boldness increases for the next time. Repeat, repeat, repeat and you get people that think they can get away with anything because they know they can risk suing anyone who stands up to them or worse, press charges.

So you end up with people who think they can get away with anything and no one else matters but themselves. The threat of consequence for the stupid is removed...

Same thing happens with these kids/tour groups/etc - they know there is nothing Disney will do to them.. and they know they can just stand up to anyone who challenges them with no consequence.. including their chaperons to a large degree. No chaperon is going to physically restrain or punish a child anymore... because the threat of little suzzie's mom suing - regardless of if suzzie was the instigator and needed it.

I agree with you about the courts, I was just stating that common sense is not so common any more!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I agree with you about the courts, I was just stating that common sense is not so common any more!!!

Yes, and it's shaped by the re-enforcement of the court system :( The 'everyone is special' , 'offend no one', and 'someone is liable for anything and everything' philosophies eventually impact everyone and shift common perception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom