News Test Track to be reimagined

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Which Version of "Fun to Be Free" are people citing as the one that they want. As someone who never went when WoM was around. Is it the Jazz Cool Version, Charleston version? What is going to hit the biggest nostalgia if they include it?
If they use it, I hope it's reorchestrated. The old timey original recordings were, IMO, awful with 1950s style close-harmony advertising jingle sound with a heap of musical gimmicks.

Modern Disney has mostly done a great job with orchestrating music (the Princess and Frog hot-mess during Harmonious being the big exception). So, it's possible for it to turn out really good if they get the right people on it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New song for the new Test Track!!!...

What can it be that calls me to this place today?
This lawless car ballet, what can it be?
Am I a baby pigeon sprouting wings to soar?
Was that a metaphor?
Hey, there's a Dollar Store!

Look! I'm rhyming; my spirit's climbing
As I'm called through this fog of mace
To this place called Slaughter Race

Welcome back, watch your head
Hate to see you end up dead
Let's get this party rollin'
Is that appliance stolen?

We have...
Fallen wires
Dumpster fires
Creepy clowns
And burning tires
That great white in the sewer
You'll be happy that you knew her

Dogs and cats, they sure taste great
With a side of license plate
Some find us deplorable
Well, I think you're adorable

We may be a motley crew
But our hearts ring true
And just for you: a face tattoo!

(Oh, oh, oh, Slaughter Race, oh, oh, oh)

My heart's in flight, and, wow, it's a blast
Feels like my dreams are real at last
No trace of a frown upon your face

Flying so fast
Setting the pace
Livin' the life
Loving the chase
Now is the time
Here is the place
This Slaughter Race!

I know I should go
But home feels so slow
These roads are paved with dreams
(Happy dreams, not creepy clown dreams)
What would Ralph say
If it turns out I stayed
In this place called Slaughter Race?
In this place called Slaughter Race

DreamfinderGuy

Which Version of "Fun to Be Free" are people citing as the one that they want. As someone who never went when WoM was around. Is it the Jazz Cool Version, Charleston version? What is going to hit the biggest nostalgia if they include it?
I doubt they're going to just install a version they already made for World of Motion. It'll be a new rendition. They didn't even recycle the original One Little Spark when putting it back in Journey into Imagination.

C33Mom

::mentally prepares for torrent of hateful replies::
I personally would like to see something upbeat, optimistic, and high energy— not exactly Mickey’s Mix Magic, but something similar that makes you want to dance along the way you would in a car when you’re on a road trip with friends and your favorite tune comes on.

TTA94

::mentally prepares for torrent of hateful replies::
I personally would like to see something upbeat, optimistic, and high energy— not exactly Mickey’s Mix Magic, but something similar that makes you want to dance along the way you would in a car when you’re on a road trip with friends and your favorite tune comes on.

They might mostly do a good job with 3.0 but they can’t resist the urge to throw something in that will get under the Epcot die hards skin 🤣.

C33Mom

They might mostly do a good job with 3.0 but they can’t resist the urge to throw something in that will get under the Epcot die hards skin 🤣.
So, full disclosure, I was an EPCOT purist furious about the decision to replace the iconic Maelstrom with FEA… and I am still a little sad about it TBH…but I had to decide if I was going to be flexible and continue to enjoy EPCOT (my favorite park worldwide) or fixate on the changes I have no control over. I am an enthusiastic enjoyer of Cosmic Rewind but might not be if Frozen and Ratatouille hadn’t broken my spirit.

I also am a DLR local and didn’t get to visit Epcot much before 2004, so I’m not actually familiar with the original attraction song…but I did listen to recordings of it and it’s hard for me to imagine that most people (or GM’s marketing team) actually want the versions I’ve heard as is?

Fantasmicguy2

So, full disclosure, I was an EPCOT purist furious about the decision to replace the iconic Maelstrom with FEA… and I am still a little sad about it TBH…but I had to decide if I was going to be flexible and continue to enjoy EPCOT (my favorite park worldwide) or fixate on the changes I have no control over. I am an enthusiastic enjoyer of Cosmic Rewind but might not be if Frozen and Ratatouille hadn’t broken my spirit.

I also am a DLR local and didn’t get to visit Epcot much before 2004, so I’m not actually familiar with the original attraction song…but I did listen to recordings of it and it’s hard for me to imagine that most people (or GM’s marketing team) actually want the versions I’ve heard as is?
At least Rat was a new build as opposed to a shoehorned in retheme. Insane for one of their most successful movies ever but it is what it is.

C33Mom

At least Rat was a new build as opposed to a shoehorned in retheme. Insane for one of their most successful movies ever but it is what it is.
Completely agree (though Rat is a clone and I would have preferred something more original)…I am saddened each time they bring the modified Frozen boat ride to a new park— why not go bigger and bolder? (I am a pretty big Frozen fan thanks to my daughter’s love of the franchise but I really believe they can do better than just Maelstrom with new AAs).

V_L_Raptor

Completely agree (though Rat is a clone and I would have preferred something more original)…I am saddened each time they bring the modified Frozen boat ride to a new park— why not go bigger and bolder? (I am a pretty big Frozen fan thanks to my daughter’s love of the franchise but I really believe they can do better than just Maelstrom with new AAs).

They sure did in Tokyo, but beyond that, they're still definitely into book reports.

Bocabear

In all seriousness, I think “now is the time” should return to COP as exit music in the next version of the show.
I would agree... That song was written for it's WDW Debut... Specifically WDW History...not from the World's Fair. I would love to see the final scene in this show completely overhauled.... and the return of WDW's original song...
"Yesterday's memories may sparkle and gleam
Tomorrow is still quite a dream....
Right here and now...
You've got it made...
The world's forward marching and you're in the parade"...

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
This is my ringtone 😭 😭 😭 😭
michael fassbender perfection GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom