News Test Track to be reimagined

Bocabear

If you are suggesting it becomes the main theme, NO. great big beautiful tomorrow should NEVER be replaced. Now is the time I suggested as exit music and exit music only.
Main theme for COP...yes I am saying that... It was the song of the attraction on it's addition to WDW...and WDW specific... Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow was for the World's Fair and Disneyland... I would love to have WDW's own original song back....the song of my childhood...

Sneakman

Main theme for COP...yes I am saying that... It was the song of the attraction on it's addition to WDW...and WDW specific... Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow was for the World's Fair and Disneyland... I would love to have WDW's own original song back....the song of my childhood...
ATP I feel like cop without the great big beautiful tomorrow song is like tiki room without the tiki room song.

Jambo Dad

It never meant that though. With Epcot it meant throwing out a lot of concepts to appease the sponsors. It meant delays and cutbacks. It also (IMHO) meant less timeless attractions if you go back and look at what the imagineers originally pitched before an outside interest had any influence. It only barely worked for a time and that time has long since past. As others have pointed out, that model of investment doesn't work anymore.
You mean more family, more timeless, more Disney?

DreamfinderGuy

Good they are doing a refresh, but how about something NEW. Stop just replacing old rides with a re-skin. Add new things and more capacity.
Test Track is a popular and successful attraction. It’s getting a refresh on GM’s dime to set it up for the next decade. There’s not an option here where Test Track is replaced entirely or GM sponsors an additional new build attraction.

esskay

Looking forward to finding out a bit more about what they're planning. The mention of it taking some cues from WoM will be interesting to see. What I can't work out is how they'll tie it all in to the double brake test. They awkwardly ignored the first one when they switched over to trontrack. With the update they either need to rework that section so it doesn't do the brake test or make it apart of the show again.

C33Mom

I just hope they get rid of the pre-show and expand the indoor queue a bit.
My guess is that pre-shows are going to be included with all E tickets going forward. It allows Disney to sell LLs while still expecting to be in line for 15-25m (“it was a walk on all the way to the pre show!”). I don’t want to be right and I don’t think TT “needs” a pre-show, but if there is going to be one, I’d prefer an interactive pre-show like the car design studio as opposed to the standard more passive ones we’ve seen pop up over the past 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom