News Test Track to be reimagined

pelham304

I'm optimistic, pretty much anything could be better than Test Track v2, which was just a bunch of flats. My expectations are more physical scenery, not expecting many blatant WOM homages in it aside from tone, maybe the theme of how vehicles have advanced (could play into how GE wants to lean in to the electric vehicle market) and maybe It's Fun to Be Free. I have a ton of nostalgia for test track v1, it was my favorite ride at Disney World when I was a kid. If V3 is very physical set heavy (like how the concept art had the ascent area that had the laser tree as a forest, which presumably will have big fake trees), I'll be happy.
It’s Fun to be free would be a fantastic return!!

pelham304

That is not a bad idea either....And they need to be practical sets, not VR glasses or projections... Build an amazing model....a fantastic futuristic cityscape that we fly through in our electric vehicle of the Future... I am tired of everything being based in the present... Give me something optimistic and hopeful about the future to dream about...
There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow!! It’s the way we need to live!

DreamfinderGuy

Cosmic Rewind nods to the UoE song, Test Track might nod to FtbF... I guess we now need a nod to "Tomorrow's Child" in the SSE redo and for Living with the Land to find a way to reintroduce "Listen to the Land"... the 80s child in me would be very happy...
There were allegedly plans for both at some point. No excuse for them not to do it at The Land at the minimum, that ride is in need of a little refresh anyway

Moth

Cosmic Rewind nods to the UoE song, Test Track might nod to FtbF... I guess we now need a nod to "Tomorrow's Child" in the SSE redo and for Living with the Land to find a way to reintroduce "Listen to the Land"... the 80s child in me would be very happy...
Listen might come back sooner than you think.

As DreamfinderGuy said, there were plans for Tomorrow's Child that kinda never materialized. Maybe in SSE 5.

castlecake2.0

Are we going to see the pavilion log used somewhere here? They made such a big deal about that and they never did anything with them at the actual pavilions

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Are we going to see the pavilion log used somewhere here? They made such a big deal about that and they never did anything with them at the actual pavilions
Funnily enough, Test Track had the WoM pavilion logo in it iirc.

Other than CommuniCore and the flags out front, I don’t think the pavilion logos are anywhere to be seen other than Test Track (and the Horizons logo in the Mission Space queue)

WDWFREAK53

A whole retro advertisement thing would be amazing... Add "It's Fun To Be Free" ...chronologically beginning with their first cars through the decades...and then as you head into the attraction you move into the future....
Is there any vehicle more iconic and "Americana" than the '57 Chevy?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is there any vehicle more iconic and "Americana" than the '57 Chevy?

One could argue with the '53 Corvette, '64 1/2 Mustang, '61 Cadillac... I won't get into that debate here, though, it's entirely subjective. A '57 Chevy is iconic enough, and it certainly doesn't hurt that it is, or was, the predominant vehicle in Cuba during Castro's reign.

jeanericuser001

So Summer 2025 for Test Track 3.0 is a solid guess?
Im pegging it at November 2025. If they cut the budget hard then it will indeed open in the summer but with a much smaller amount of changes. If they go all out on it then November will be the opening time. Just in time for the xmas season when crowds are at their largest.

trainplane3

Im pegging it at November 2025. If they cut the budget hard then it will indeed open in the summer but with a much smaller amount of changes. If they go all out on it then November will be the opening time. Just in time for the xmas season when crowds are at their largest.
There's not much budget to cut. GM is paying for it so whatever money they're putting in is going to be used on it. This isn't a normal refurbishment. It's one of the few that is getting a big chunk of change dumped into it thanks to a real sponsor.

GM wants their brand to be represented in a good light and having a cheap and poorly done refurbishment isn't the way to do it.

jeanericuser001

There's not much budget to cut. GM is paying for it so whatever money they're putting in is going to be used on it. This isn't a normal refurbishment. It's one of the few that is getting a big chunk of change dumped into it thanks to a real sponsor.

GM wants their brand to be represented in a good light and having a cheap and poorly done refurbishment isn't the way to do it.
Never underestimate budget scrooges. We are only into the early stages and if cost overruns occur they may try to cut this one back. As much as I love to see disney go all out I have to remember all we were promised in the last 5 years and what we got. Even if GM is footing the bill they are not likely to give disney an indefinite blank check so my point still stands. If disney does have a true blank check it will take longer but it will be grander. On the other hand if scrooges prevail we will see an earlier opening and a lot less of the bells and whistles we were expecting. Just stating the sad facts as we have seen in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom