News Test Track to be reimagined

peng

I'm optimistic, pretty much anything could be better than Test Track v2, which was just a bunch of flats. My expectations are more physical scenery, not expecting many blatant WOM homages in it aside from tone, maybe the theme of how vehicles have advanced (could play into how GE wants to lean in to the electric vehicle market) and maybe It's Fun to Be Free. I have a ton of nostalgia for test track v1, it was my favorite ride at Disney World when I was a kid. If V3 is very physical set heavy (like how the concept art had the ascent area that had the laser tree as a forest, which presumably will have big fake trees), I'll be happy.

Moth

I'm optimistic, pretty much anything could be better than Test Track v2, which was just a bunch of flats. My expectations are more physical scenery, not expecting many blatant WOM homages in it aside from tone, maybe the theme of how vehicles have advanced (could play into how GE wants to lean in to the electric vehicle market) and maybe It's Fun to Be Free. I have a ton of nostalgia for test track v1, it was my favorite ride at Disney World when I was a kid. If V3 is very physical set heavy (like how the concept art had the ascent area that had the laser tree as a forest, which presumably will have big fake trees), I'll be happy.
If those are your expectations, and what I have heard is true, you'll be happy.

FN2BFRE

I much prefer TT2.0 to 1.0, but I'm excited to (hopefully) see more physical sets and some sort of WoM-esque theming. If Fun to Be Free does end up coming back, that gives me a lot of hope for how the rest of the ride will be handled. It's been a long time since I've been more excited than nervous for an EPCOT project, but I have a good feeling about this one. Hoping to hear more details at D23.

Bocabear

A hybrid of V1 and V3 would be the best...Bring back Fun To Be Free, make it more whimsical again...I love the idea that they may be addressing EV technology...it is very exciting.

Adventureland Veranda

Bring this back

world-of-motion6.jpg

Bocabear

Should make a larger version and put it in the loop outside as you zoom around.
There really should have been an exterior show set on the loop rather than a cast member parking lot and backstage views.... A giant city of the future model filling that whole outdoor loop would be so cool... then instead of a crash they could be launching you into the future... which would be a great wow moment...not just for the speed.....
1720636490865.png

TTA94

There really should have been an exterior show set on the loop rather than a cast member parking lot and backstage views.... A giant city of the future model filling that whole outdoor loop would be so cool... then instead of a crash they could be launching you into the future... which would be a great wow moment...not just for the speed.....
View attachment 799212

VR or the augmented reality visors like they use for the Mario Kart attraction?

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Exactly my thoughts!

SplashJacket

View attachment 799212
And how about... Enclosing it so it doesn't have to close every 30 seconds in the summer? :)

Bocabear

And how about... Enclosing it so it doesn't have to close every 30 seconds in the summer? :)
That is not a bad idea either....And they need to be practical sets, not VR glasses or projections... Build an amazing model....a fantastic futuristic cityscape that we fly through in our electric vehicle of the Future... I am tired of everything being based in the present... Give me something optimistic and hopeful about the future to dream about...

Sneakman

heads up this was from one of my "blood on the saddle" leakers. so, PHEW this is a bullet dodged
OH THANK GOD. At least that wasn’t true. Oh how I wanted blood to be true…
What about that figment budget rumor? Was that from a “blood on the saddle” leaker?

jannerUK

Which Version of "Fun to Be Free" are people citing as the one that they want. As someone who never went when WoM was around. Is it the Jazz Cool Version, Charleston version? What is going to hit the biggest nostalgia if they include it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom