News Test Track to be reimagined

CHOX

This is very welcome. I say this as someone that was well familiar with Cars before I ever rode Test Track. You go from Cars to Test Track and it’s soulless.

The second time in Epcot it was like…okay, I guess we’ll do it since there’s a short wait but we can easily go without it.

Cmdr_Crimson

If 3rd times the charm for Test Track..Can we please bring back John Michael Higgins as Bill McKim once again..I am all for this!!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
Of all the updates from today this is the one I feel will be the least change... to me this feels like it's really going to be TT2.5 and not TT3.0. A refresh/changing and not a complete reboot/replacement. Change some scenes, change the script, etc.

Much more like the SSE iterations we've gotten instead of the change from WOM->TT->TT2.0

EeyoreFan#24

On the topic of the ride system. Doesn’t 2.0 use the same cadence and programming? I think the only thing that changed was the Belgian brick section to regular flat track? Anyone else have any other input on that? If I’m remembering right, I would hope they put the resources to make it more dark ride-ish inside instead of just switching out props.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Does anyone know if the Test Track ride system is adjustable without gutting the system? For example, the brake test area, does it always have to stop, speed up, brake or do they have the ability to just tell the system to keep moving and go at a steady pace. I think if the ride system has no flexibility that will always make it challenging and put constraints on how you tell a story.

I would like to see them enclose the outdoor portion so that this ride would not go down during bad weather any longer.

vikescaper

Does anyone know if the Test Track ride system is adjustable without gutting the system? For example, the brake test area, does it always have to stop, speed up, brake or do they have the ability to just tell the system to keep moving and go at a steady pace. I think if the ride system has no flexibility that will always make it challenging and put constraints on how you tell a story.

I would like to see them enclose the outdoor portion so that this ride would not go down during bad weather any longer.
It would be nice if they would at least enclose the loop in the parking lot in a building and put in a new Center Core city. I know it won’t happen, though.

Oriolesmagic

Re-reading the tweet(x?) they sent out for this, my expectation isn't wholesale re-interpretation of WOM scenes.

"Imagineers along with teams from @Chevrolet are looking back to the original World of Motion for inspiration and bringing that spirit of optimism to the next iteration of the attraction! "

While I would love for V3.0 to be populated with AAs, I'll be shocked if we get more than 10. If they're not modifying the current track layout, I absolutely don't expect any.

We know from the concept art more realistic sets and a new vehicle wrap are coming. Beyond that, my baseline expectations for WOM infusion from current Disney would be:
- Reintroduction of "Its Fun To Be Free" throughout
- New Pre-show & ride narration with a humorous bent
- Post-show refresh

There's also the maybes of:
- a slower lift hill & initial descent with projections referencing classic WOM scenes.
- New queue displays with a history bent
- Vignettes along the ride path in a Marc Davis style (projection or limited range figures)

Regardless, this is an exciting change. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised with what they do.

I'm very excited for these updates and think it will be a positive change, but I think even this is probably overly optimistic in terms of what we should expect with World of Motion similarities.

I would expect that "looking back to the original World of Motion for inspiration" likely means that the queue and maybe the beginning of the ride will focus on the history of transportation. After that, we'll quickly shift to a focus on the future of transportation with Chevrolet. All in all, a positive change. HOPEFULLY, we'll get some improvement in narration as well.

JohnD

Of all the updates from today this is the one I feel will be the least change... to me this feels like it's really going to be TT2.5 and not TT3.0. A refresh/changing and not a complete reboot/replacement. Change some scenes, change the script, etc.

Much more like the SSE iterations we've gotten instead of the change from WOM->TT->TT2.0
Well, it is going to be a retheme around the same track. The ride itself will be the same.

Sorcerer Mickey

The art, assuming that's physical scenery along the edge of the track and not projection, does look like it'll be an improvement over the previous versions of the ride. Almost anything would be better than the empty dark flat corridors though, or a boring industrial factory. I've always disliked Test Track, in either of its iterations.

That said, i'm really curious to know what is supposed to be "WoM-inspired" about it. At least going from the art, it's just a a generic looking forest... Are they keeping the WoM stuff a secret, or is that just nostalgia bait and it'll only be a quick hard to spot homage hidden somewhere?
I would imagine there will be a lot of car worship. Automobiles are leading us into the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom